Not-so-Recent Fun Finds
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 20 of 100123 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 9899100
Author


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:23 pm 
 

johnhuck wrote:Just missing one die I would say.  The orange d6.  Check the picture on the back of the box.  :wink:

Some very nice wins though.

Thanks. Pity about the damage from other high-value auctions (inc. non-RPG) which rather wipes those out... *shrugs*.

Should have a few spare low-impacters kicking around here, somewhere.
(You stock those in bulk, I believe, John? ;))

*lol*. I just found out that Tim's mother actually did the typesetting for Graphic Printing in Lake Geneva...

  


Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1043
Joined: Jan 06, 2004
Last Visit: Jul 01, 2020
Location: Leicester, UK

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:38 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote:(You stock those in bulk, I believe, John? ;))

Now how would you know that?  :lol:

I try and reunite them with any sets which are incomplete. Would like to think it increases the value.  But not always the case.  Some buyers just don't appreciate the old classics.  :lol:

I've got a spare orange d6 knocking about around here if you're desperate.

And check your email regarding GW stuff if you haven't already.

Just preparing a listing.  non-D&D.  But loads of non-rare stuff to flog over the next few months (as I keep saying  :oops: ).

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 563
Joined: Aug 08, 2003
Last Visit: Jun 05, 2020
Location: Chicago

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:10 pm 
 

Dragon #33-42, nice copies, $16.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5952680745
(looks like I won't be needing so many from #21-39, Mike )


And at not much more than a buck apiece either... I still think $200 for that other lot was about right, if you factor in a small buying in bulk discount. Any Dragons above 30 can always be found pretty cheaply.

Still, some nice buys David... I haven't bought anything since November, I'm forgetting what its like to win an auction. I've got a few things on my watch list though so possibly I'll get back in the game over the weekend.

Regards

Mike

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:39 pm 
 

mdr003 wrote:And at not much more than a buck apiece either... I still think $200 for that other lot was about right, if you factor in a small buying in bulk discount. Any Dragons above 30 can always be found pretty cheaply.

Am fairly sure that's the only really inexpensive lot going down as low as #33 that I've seen since I could afford to start looking again, five months ago; and in good nick, too.
Don't remember too many other sets before then, either.

#40 has been a breakpoint in at least three or four more recent collections, and anything #50 upwards is easy game.

Would still bite the hand off a local seller at $290 for that lot to #100, if they were good copies, despite already having virtually all of them and not being a reseller myself.

And if you've got #21-39 for $20 (sic) + $60 postage, any time, that's still AOK by me, Mike!  :lol:


p.s. Finally received that large Space Gamer lot a few weeks ago. Airmail M-Bags appear to be having "issues" since late-Autumn.

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 563
Joined: Aug 08, 2003
Last Visit: Jun 05, 2020
Location: Chicago

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:49 pm 
 

Those SG from last year sometime? I had my lot shipped to Chicago, and picked them up while I was over in December. I now have loads of duplicates, 45 of which are up on ebay right now (thanks to an ebay.com.au free listing day last weekend).

I'm still on the lookout for issues 12 & 13 though... so if you have either of those in your spares pile, let me know, as I'm sure we can work out a trade (although I have already sold a few early issues - I have a #5 up at the moment though if you need it, about 24 hours to go).

  


Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1043
Joined: Jan 06, 2004
Last Visit: Jul 01, 2020
Location: Leicester, UK

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:52 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote:Certainly haven't seen crisper cleaner first prints (nor a first Eldritch come to mention, having been misled by the previous seller. Hrmm).
Tiny ding at the lower right front cover of the Eldritch and a few small specks of staple rust on the Blackmoor, otherwise Mint.
$46 for the Eldritch
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5947262593
and $56 for the Blackmoor
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5947262036
seems fairly good given that, and the silly prices 1st Blackmoors were fetching last year.

(Alas neither has "To Tim, the first copy ever sold" along with an Arneson or Gygax signature... Can't have everything... :))


Does that mean you need a nice 1st print Gods Demi Gods & Heroes?  I've got a spare 1st, 2nd & 7th to list soon.  Plus a nasty 7th Greyhawk.

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:58 pm 
 

mdr003 wrote:I'm still on the lookout for issues 12 & 13 though... so if you have either of those in your spares pile, let me know, as I'm sure we can work out a trade (although I have already sold a few early issues - I have a #5 up at the moment though if you need it, about 24 hours to go).

*g*. #5 is the earliest one I've got (NM copy). Should have a spare #13, but not both, alas.

Finally spotted Elrohir's RL name on #8, which <tsrart>(?) wasn't giving away, before, in the context of my Dragon #11 cover art.
Should've figured out sooner, but still haven't "chased up".

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:00 pm 
 

johnhuck wrote:Does that mean you need a nice 1st print Gods Demi Gods & Heroes?  I've got a spare 1st, 2nd & 7th to list soon.  Plus a nasty 7th Greyhawk.

*points to the $166 auction on the previous page* ;)

If it's a good 1st print G,DG&H, this might be a bit "early in the year" so to speak. They were almost overtaking 1st Blackmoors in the latter half of last year.

Ya can keep yer naassty Greyhawwwkssss.... me hatesss 'em.... ^^

  


Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1043
Joined: Jan 06, 2004
Last Visit: Jul 01, 2020
Location: Leicester, UK

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:06 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote:*points to the $166 auction on the previous page* ;)

If it's a good 1st print G,DG&H, this might be a bit "early in the year" so to speak. They were almost overtaking 1st Blackmoors in the latter half of last year.

It's very nice.  Not quite sure how I ended up with three excellent 1st prints.  One sold, another to sell, and one for meeeee.

harami2000 wrote:Ya can keep yer naassty Greyhawwwkssss.... me hatesss 'em.... ^^

Especially when I tell you it was Bill Edwards.  Maybe you would like it now.  So you can burn it!  :twisted:

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:26 pm 
 

johnhuck wrote:
harami2000 wrote:If it's a good 1st print G,DG&H, this might be a bit "early in the year" so to speak. They were almost overtaking 1st Blackmoors in the latter half of last year.

It's very nice.  Not quite sure how I ended up with three excellent 1st prints.

Congrats! I might pick up a cheap spare, then! :roll:

Any more SRs going for a fiver each whilst you're at it?

(Still surprised that Dragon #1 went so quickly, tho').

johnhuck wrote:
harami2000 wrote:Ya can keep yer naassty Greyhawwwkssss.... me hatesss 'em.... ^^

Especially when I tell you it was Bill Edwards.  Maybe you would like it now.  So you can burn it!  :twisted:

*cough* *cough*. Good vocal impression then, mebbe?

"If'n I thought some wank would not rat me out to E-bay...."

Famous last words, indeed!

Might've taken you up on that offer, if I wasn't expecting follow-up action from Paul and others to push for belated recall as an oversight T1st!  8O

  


Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1043
Joined: Jan 06, 2004
Last Visit: Jul 01, 2020
Location: Leicester, UK

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:37 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote:Any more SRs going for a fiver each whilst you're at it?

Doh!

Not too bad condition.  Good enough?

Image

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:47 pm 
 

johnhuck wrote:Not too bad condition.  Good enough?

I'll take the orange one on the right, thank you! :D

Indeed, that's not a bad G,DG&H at all for your second copy...
Might need a quick color adjust, phps, if there's not actually any overall toning on the paper.
(Heh. Not that anyone does that with low-res eBay images, of course... no, no, naughty....).

Should've been a relatively easy $70-75 at the end of last year.

But, Tarim! What is that diseased monstrosity at the bottom of the image?
Have the staples actually eaten through the paper?

*shudders*. My 2ndBeta(/temp T1stBeta) DMG didn't look that bad, even after disassembling.

  


Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1043
Joined: Jan 06, 2004
Last Visit: Jul 01, 2020
Location: Leicester, UK

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:58 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote:I'll take the orange one on the right, thank you! :D

Indeed, that's not a bad G,DG&H at all for your second copy... Might need a quick color adjust, phps, if there's not actually any overall toning on the paper.
(Heh. Not that anyone does that with low-res eBay images, of course... no, no, naughty....).

Should've been an easy $70-75 at the end of last year.


You are obviously a connoisseur of low impact dice.  You appear to have chosen the one which has seen some action.  My favourites are almost spherical.

Realised that the image is the 2nd print.  The 1st is much better.

harami2000 wrote:But, Tarim!, what is that diseased monstrosity at the bottom of the image?
Have the staples actually eaten through the paper?

*shudders*. My 2ndBeta(/temp T1stBeta) DMG didn't look that bad, even after disassembling.


:lol: Eaten through from the inside as well as the outside.

I'm almost tempted to burn it myself and send you the ashes. :wink:

But part of me wants to see Cougar bidding for it.

Some of us have got to hit the sack.  Work, office move, DIY then pub awaits tomorrow.  Sorry today.  In about 5 hours.  8O

OMG

Goodnight!

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:05 pm 
 

johnhuck wrote:You are obviously a connoisseur of low impact dice.  You appear to have chosen the one which has seen some action.  My favourites are almost spherical.

Thank you :) And that's not d20s you're talking about...

johnhuck wrote:Realised that the image is the 2nd print.  The 1st is much better.

*yay*

johnhuck wrote::lol: Eaten through from the inside as well as the outside.

I'm almost tempted to burn it myself and send you the ashes. :wink:

But part of me wants to see Cougar bidding for it.

Hrr..... enough, enough! Please... *covers eyes*

If you wish, I can send you a color print of a T1st cover to wrap-around.
Am sure you could still word that as a tatty 7th print and leave him to think otherwise...

Not that I've got anything against the kittenish one, of course.


p.s. Don't ya think we'd better return control of this forum sometime soon?
Heck, we've even frightened the up-and-coming Brit-pack away ;)

=

*spots the last-line mod*. Good timing!  'night :lol:

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3066
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 30, 2015

Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:18 am 
 

harami2000 wrote:
johnhuck wrote:Not too bad condition.  Good enough?

I'll take the orange one on the right, thank you! :D

Indeed, that's not a bad G,DG&H at all for your second copy...
Might need a quick color adjust, phps, if there's not actually any overall toning on the paper.
(Heh. Not that anyone does that with low-res eBay images, of course... no, no, naughty....).

Should've been a relatively easy $70-75 at the end of last year.

But, Tarim! What is that diseased monstrosity at the bottom of the image?
Have the staples actually eaten through the paper?

*shudders*. My 2ndBeta(/temp T1stBeta) DMG didn't look that bad, even after disassembling.

Umm...stupid question but does it have any pages cut out?  If it's just the cover I might be interested. ;)  Cougar & I can duke it out.

 YIM  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:44 am 
 

Another demonstration of why I still think The Acaeum pricing for supplements is a bit topsy-turvy.

$4.99 for Swords & Spells, despite being "valued" higher than both Blackmoor and G,DG&H;
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5952846230

Is a consistent pattern in the realisations, from what I've seen.


(They've still got a copy of The Emerald Tablet with precisely zero interest at the same price, though. BidPay rather than PayPal hurts, too...).

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3066
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 30, 2015

Post Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:07 am 
 

harami2000 wrote:Another demonstration of why I still think The Acaeum pricing for supplements is a bit topsy-turvy.

$4.99 for Swords & Spells, despite being "valued" higher than both Blackmoor and G,DG&H;
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5952846230

Is a consistent pattern in realisations, from what I've seen.


(They've still got a copy of The Emerald Tablet with precisely zero interest at the same price, though. BidPay rather than PayPal hurts, too...).

I haven't been watching that closely lately, but my guess is this one slipped through the cracks.  I certainly wouldn't value S&S higher than Blackmoor, maybe on par with G,DG&H.  The blurry picture might have hurt that auction as well.  They're all around $20-30, unless they are minty/early printings.

My perceived order of the supplments in terms of valuation:
    Blackmoor
    Eldritch/Greyhawk
    Gods, DemiGods, & Heroes.
    Swords & Spells

 YIM  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:49 am 
 

deimos3428 wrote:I haven't been watching that closely lately, but my guess is this one slipped through the cracks.

Was noted and offered around. No takers. Apologies for not thinking of you...

deimos3428 wrote:My perceived order of the supplments in terms of valuation:
    Blackmoor
    Eldritch/Greyhawk
    Gods, DemiGods, & Heroes.
    Swords & Spells

Interesting.

By way of comparison, here's the "first cut" list I put together at the end of last year to try to see where future auctions would fit along those lines.
(You may well be right about the non-first Blackmoors, btw).

Can already see a few figures a bit high or low, perhaps, but needed to start somewhere other than the unchanging figures published here.

btw. Frank didn't sell me his 2nd GK Greyhawk for $25 after all, btw... ;)
(*waves*)


       P        G        VG        EX        M

Greyhawk                               
T1st        60        80        110        145        180
1st         35        50        70        85        100
2nd GK        25        40        55        75        90
2nd Lizard        15        25        40        50        60
3rd        12        18        30        40        50
4th-8th ($5)        8        15        25        35        45
9th-10th n/p        --        12        20        30        40
11-12th Wiz        --        10        18        28        35 (65 SW)
                                      
Blackmoor                               
1st        30        45        60        70        85
2nd        18        28        40        50        60
3rd-4th ($5)        10        18        30        38        45
5th-7th n/p        --        12        20        30        40
8th-9th Wiz        --        8        15        25        30 (65 SW)
                                      
Eldritch Wizardry                               
1st        25        35        45        50        60
2nd        18        25        32        40        50
3rd-4th ($5)        10        18        25        32        40
5th-7th n/p        --        10        15        20        28
8th-9th Wiz        --        8        12        20        25 (65 SW)
                                      
Gods, Demi-Gods & Heroes                               
1st        25        40        55        70        80
2nd-3rd ($5)        12        18        30        40        45
4th-6th n/p        --        12        20        30        40
7th-8th Wiz        --        10        18        25        30 (65 SW)
                                      
Swords & Spells                               
1st        15        25        35        42        50
2nd ($5)        10        18        25        30        35
3rd-4th n/p        --        10        15        20        28
5th-6th Wiz        --        8        12        18        25 (65 SW)

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:09 am 
 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5954081668
Chainmail 3rd edition, 2nd print (VG-EX); "list price" $25-30, realisation $73.

The last such went for a similar price some time ago, IIRC.
Wasn't at all surprised to see Paul as winner.

Didn't chase that hard, but left a test bid since I had an EX copy of Edgren's "Knights of the Round Table" pretty much wrapped up ($29 as it turned out).

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:09 pm 
 

*grins at Ian*

(poor keepie...)

why didn't you buy that black folder version, previously?

  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 20 of 100123 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 9899100