Not-so-Recent Fun Finds
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 22 of 111123 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 109110111
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:57 pm 

Well, back on topic for thread...

Aside from that GW Character Sheet pad (to add to the pile...), as mentioned elsewhere.

harami2000 wrote:(Picked up his mint Blackmoor and Eldritch (a proper 1st print at last) for sensible money, in passing...).

Finally picked Tim Jiardini's copies up from the Post Office today.

Certainly haven't seen crisper cleaner first prints (nor a first Eldritch come to mention, having been misled by the previous seller. Hrmm).
Tiny ding at the lower right front cover of the Eldritch and a few small specks of staple rust on the Blackmoor, otherwise Mint.
$46 for the Eldritch
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5947262593
and $56 for the Blackmoor
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5947262036
seems fairly good given that, and the silly prices 1st Blackmoors were fetching last year.

(Alas neither has "To Tim, the first copy ever sold" along with an Arneson or Gygax signature... Can't have everything... :))

=

D1-3 monos (non-1st) with original SW, but carefully slit, $17.
Needed those to add to the 1st and UK editions.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5949111641

Dragon #33-42, nice copies, $16.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5952680745
(looks like I won't be needing so many from #21-39, Mike ;))

Would nice copies of the Ozzie G1-3 & D2 monos at around $60 each count? Maybe $20-25 under the "going rate"(?).
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5944857187
(The other two Ds cost me dear, though... and ain't in anything like so good condition :(
We have at least one buyer here out to buy all he can find... *x-refs with Frank's sales*)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5943208875
(Erm... that's Steve Marsh's auction... But I still have no idea why I wasn't bid higher. Hrrr...).

NM 4th- "Underworld & Wilderness Adventures", $14.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5943702395

Same seller as last; 4th- set (later "TSR Hobbies" label version), 1st print G, DG & H and 1st print Swords & Spells, $166 (about the same price as that non-SW OCE a day or two ago, no?)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5943702447
Needed to swap the above 4th- U&WA for the copy in this set...
Condition wasn't NM as it should've been for the books, thanks to avoiding mentioning staple rust when I asked about condition. *grr*.
(The two supplements would still have been $100-110+ on recent history, anyhow, so that just about levels things out as a "good deal", IMO).

Very decent 2nd folio Greyhawk, $13. (A difficult one to obtain for sensible money in the UK).
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5941715046

EX condition UK (GW) Basic Set missing a couple of dice, $8.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5938421032

Think that'll do for now...

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:09 pm 

harami2000 wrote:EX condition UK (GW) Basic Set missing a couple of dice, $8.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5938421032

Think that'll do for now...

Just missing one die I would say.  The orange d6.  Check the picture on the back of the box.  :wink:

Some very nice wins though.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:23 pm 

johnhuck wrote:Just missing one die I would say.  The orange d6.  Check the picture on the back of the box.  :wink:

Some very nice wins though.

Thanks. Pity about the damage from other high-value auctions (inc. non-RPG) which rather wipes those out... *shrugs*.

Should have a few spare low-impacters kicking around here, somewhere.
(You stock those in bulk, I believe, John? ;))

*lol*. I just found out that Tim's mother actually did the typesetting for Graphic Printing in Lake Geneva...

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:38 pm 

harami2000 wrote:(You stock those in bulk, I believe, John? ;))

Now how would you know that?  :lol:

I try and reunite them with any sets which are incomplete. Would like to think it increases the value.  But not always the case.  Some buyers just don't appreciate the old classics.  :lol:

I've got a spare orange d6 knocking about around here if you're desperate.

And check your email regarding GW stuff if you haven't already.

Just preparing a listing.  non-D&D.  But loads of non-rare stuff to flog over the next few months (as I keep saying  :oops: ).

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:10 pm 

Dragon #33-42, nice copies, $16.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5952680745
(looks like I won't be needing so many from #21-39, Mike )

And at not much more than a buck apiece either... I still think $200 for that other lot was about right, if you factor in a small buying in bulk discount. Any Dragons above 30 can always be found pretty cheaply.

Still, some nice buys David... I haven't bought anything since November, I'm forgetting what its like to win an auction. I've got a few things on my watch list though so possibly I'll get back in the game over the weekend.

Regards

Mike

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:39 pm 

mdr003 wrote:And at not much more than a buck apiece either... I still think $200 for that other lot was about right, if you factor in a small buying in bulk discount. Any Dragons above 30 can always be found pretty cheaply.

Am fairly sure that's the only really inexpensive lot going down as low as #33 that I've seen since I could afford to start looking again, five months ago; and in good nick, too.
Don't remember too many other sets before then, either.

#40 has been a breakpoint in at least three or four more recent collections, and anything #50 upwards is easy game.

Would still bite the hand off a local seller at $290 for that lot to #100, if they were good copies, despite already having virtually all of them and not being a reseller myself.

And if you've got #21-39 for $20 (sic) + $60 postage, any time, that's still AOK by me, Mike!  :lol:

p.s. Finally received that large Space Gamer lot a few weeks ago. Airmail M-Bags appear to be having "issues" since late-Autumn.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:49 pm 

Those SG from last year sometime? I had my lot shipped to Chicago, and picked them up while I was over in December. I now have loads of duplicates, 45 of which are up on ebay right now (thanks to an ebay.com.au free listing day last weekend).

I'm still on the lookout for issues 12 & 13 though... so if you have either of those in your spares pile, let me know, as I'm sure we can work out a trade (although I have already sold a few early issues - I have a #5 up at the moment though if you need it, about 24 hours to go).

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:52 pm 

harami2000 wrote:Certainly haven't seen crisper cleaner first prints (nor a first Eldritch come to mention, having been misled by the previous seller. Hrmm).
Tiny ding at the lower right front cover of the Eldritch and a few small specks of staple rust on the Blackmoor, otherwise Mint.
$46 for the Eldritch
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5947262593
and $56 for the Blackmoor
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5947262036
seems fairly good given that, and the silly prices 1st Blackmoors were fetching last year.

(Alas neither has "To Tim, the first copy ever sold" along with an Arneson or Gygax signature... Can't have everything... :))

Does that mean you need a nice 1st print Gods Demi Gods & Heroes?  I've got a spare 1st, 2nd & 7th to list soon.  Plus a nasty 7th Greyhawk.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:58 pm 

mdr003 wrote:I'm still on the lookout for issues 12 & 13 though... so if you have either of those in your spares pile, let me know, as I'm sure we can work out a trade (although I have already sold a few early issues - I have a #5 up at the moment though if you need it, about 24 hours to go).

*g*. #5 is the earliest one I've got (NM copy). Should have a spare #13, but not both, alas.

Finally spotted Elrohir's RL name on #8, which <tsrart>(?) wasn't giving away, before, in the context of my Dragon #11 cover art.
Should've figured out sooner, but still haven't "chased up".

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:00 pm 

johnhuck wrote:Does that mean you need a nice 1st print Gods Demi Gods & Heroes?  I've got a spare 1st, 2nd & 7th to list soon.  Plus a nasty 7th Greyhawk.

*points to the $166 auction on the previous page* ;)

If it's a good 1st print G,DG&H, this might be a bit "early in the year" so to speak. They were almost overtaking 1st Blackmoors in the latter half of last year.

Ya can keep yer naassty Greyhawwwkssss.... me hatesss 'em.... ^^

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:06 pm 

harami2000 wrote:*points to the $166 auction on the previous page* ;)

If it's a good 1st print G,DG&H, this might be a bit "early in the year" so to speak. They were almost overtaking 1st Blackmoors in the latter half of last year.

It's very nice.  Not quite sure how I ended up with three excellent 1st prints.  One sold, another to sell, and one for meeeee.

harami2000 wrote:Ya can keep yer naassty Greyhawwwkssss.... me hatesss 'em.... ^^

Especially when I tell you it was Bill Edwards.  Maybe you would like it now.  So you can burn it!  :twisted:

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:26 pm 

johnhuck wrote:
harami2000 wrote:If it's a good 1st print G,DG&H, this might be a bit "early in the year" so to speak. They were almost overtaking 1st Blackmoors in the latter half of last year.

It's very nice.  Not quite sure how I ended up with three excellent 1st prints.

Congrats! I might pick up a cheap spare, then! :roll:

Any more SRs going for a fiver each whilst you're at it?

(Still surprised that Dragon #1 went so quickly, tho').

johnhuck wrote:
harami2000 wrote:Ya can keep yer naassty Greyhawwwkssss.... me hatesss 'em.... ^^

Especially when I tell you it was Bill Edwards.  Maybe you would like it now.  So you can burn it!  :twisted:

*cough* *cough*. Good vocal impression then, mebbe?

"If'n I thought some wank would not rat me out to E-bay...."

Famous last words, indeed!

Might've taken you up on that offer, if I wasn't expecting follow-up action from Paul and others to push for belated recall as an oversight T1st!  8O

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:37 pm 

harami2000 wrote:Any more SRs going for a fiver each whilst you're at it?

Doh!

Not too bad condition.  Good enough?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:47 pm 

johnhuck wrote:Not too bad condition.  Good enough?

I'll take the orange one on the right, thank you! :D

Indeed, that's not a bad G,DG&H at all for your second copy...
Might need a quick color adjust, phps, if there's not actually any overall toning on the paper.
(Heh. Not that anyone does that with low-res eBay images, of course... no, no, naughty....).

Should've been a relatively easy $70-75 at the end of last year.

But, Tarim! What is that diseased monstrosity at the bottom of the image?
Have the staples actually eaten through the paper?

*shudders*. My 2ndBeta(/temp T1stBeta) DMG didn't look that bad, even after disassembling.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:58 pm 

harami2000 wrote:I'll take the orange one on the right, thank you! :D

Indeed, that's not a bad G,DG&H at all for your second copy... Might need a quick color adjust, phps, if there's not actually any overall toning on the paper.
(Heh. Not that anyone does that with low-res eBay images, of course... no, no, naughty....).

Should've been an easy $70-75 at the end of last year.

You are obviously a connoisseur of low impact dice.  You appear to have chosen the one which has seen some action.  My favourites are almost spherical.

Realised that the image is the 2nd print.  The 1st is much better.

harami2000 wrote:But, Tarim!, what is that diseased monstrosity at the bottom of the image?

*shudders*. My 2ndBeta(/temp T1stBeta) DMG didn't look that bad, even after disassembling.

:lol: Eaten through from the inside as well as the outside.

I'm almost tempted to burn it myself and send you the ashes. :wink:

But part of me wants to see Cougar bidding for it.

Some of us have got to hit the sack.  Work, office move, DIY then pub awaits tomorrow.  Sorry today.  In about 5 hours.  8O

OMG

Goodnight!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:05 pm 

johnhuck wrote:You are obviously a connoisseur of low impact dice.  You appear to have chosen the one which has seen some action.  My favourites are almost spherical.

Thank you :) And that's not d20s you're talking about...

johnhuck wrote:Realised that the image is the 2nd print.  The 1st is much better.

*yay*

johnhuck wrote::lol: Eaten through from the inside as well as the outside.

I'm almost tempted to burn it myself and send you the ashes. :wink:

But part of me wants to see Cougar bidding for it.

Hrr..... enough, enough! Please... *covers eyes*

If you wish, I can send you a color print of a T1st cover to wrap-around.
Am sure you could still word that as a tatty 7th print and leave him to think otherwise...

Not that I've got anything against the kittenish one, of course.

p.s. Don't ya think we'd better return control of this forum sometime soon?
Heck, we've even frightened the up-and-coming Brit-pack away ;)

=

*spots the last-line mod*. Good timing!  'night :lol:

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:18 am 

harami2000 wrote:
johnhuck wrote:Not too bad condition.  Good enough?

I'll take the orange one on the right, thank you! :D

Indeed, that's not a bad G,DG&H at all for your second copy...
Might need a quick color adjust, phps, if there's not actually any overall toning on the paper.

Should've been a relatively easy $70-75 at the end of last year.

But, Tarim! What is that diseased monstrosity at the bottom of the image?

Umm...stupid question but does it have any pages cut out?  If it's just the cover I might be interested. ;)  Cougar & I can duke it out.

YIM  

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:44 am 

Another demonstration of why I still think The Acaeum pricing for supplements is a bit topsy-turvy.

$4.99 for Swords & Spells, despite being "valued" higher than both Blackmoor and G,DG&H;
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5952846230

Is a consistent pattern in the realisations, from what I've seen.

(They've still got a copy of The Emerald Tablet with precisely zero interest at the same price, though. BidPay rather than PayPal hurts, too...).

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 22 of 111123 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 109110111