Not-so-Recent Fun Finds
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 18 of 111123 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:28 pm 

Nice catch bbarsh, I corresponded back and forth with the seller, but he didn't get back to me with details about the other TSR books (if any)---it looked like there were at least three, but I couldn't tell for sure from the photos....

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:10 pm 

Grodog: Yeah, he wasn't too informative with my quetions either.

I decided to gamble figuring I could dump a few of those things and make my money back. Squad Leader alone gets good money as do a few other items. Out of all that stuff, I only really wanted to grab the Gamma World.

I picked up a mixed lot of a MM, MMII, Dieties & Demis Cthulhu, MERP box set, Dragon Hunt (AH Box Game) and Wizards (AH box game) for around $25 a couple months ago. I kept the Dieties and resold the rest. I was just hoping to break even, at best. And then the Dragon Hunt sold for $24.50 and the Wizards for 36.65 and MERP for 22.50! The MMs went for $4 each in a lot.

Just goes to show you that I am pretty much clueless when it comes to boxed games and their worth. But they do see to hold better values than RPG books, in general.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:15 am 

bbarsh wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWN:IT
It was like opening Christmas presents :D

Sigh  :cry:  When I see such auctions with that hated provision (no International shipping) I wish I lived in the US (or that the US conquered Western Europe after WW II  8O ).

Just kidding!  :D

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:39 am 

@Sotterraneo

Here is another one similar to that auction above:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5937850653

Basically that guy sells his whole RPG collection (his GF told him they'd need the space for her shoe collection in the new appartment so he better sell his RPG stuff 8O ) and made little packages out of it, each having a weight between 1kg and 1.3 kg. But the content is unkown to him and the buyer. So its kind of a lottery on what you get :)

I bought two packages and the stuff that was in there ranged from old Dragon magazines to some very nice quality modules/accessory books.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:19 am 

Jupp wrote:@Sotterraneo

Here is another one similar to that auction above:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5937850653

Basically that guy sells his whole RPG collection (his GF told him they'd need the space for her shoe collection in the new appartment so he better sell his RPG stuff 8O ) and made little packages out of it, each having a weight between 1kg and 1.3 kg. But the content is unkown to him and the buyer. So its kind of a lottery on what you get :)

I bought two packages and the stuff that was in there ranged from old Dragon magazines to some very nice quality modules/accessory books.

I saw that, too. How can a guy publicly make a fool of himself like that? Tsk tsk tsk... oh well, lottery ain't nothing for me. I want to know what I pay for.

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:19 pm 

man I really didn't want to pay over $400 for this......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5940583488

but I REALLY didn't want cougertard to hatve it....

I'd have got it at a decent price but there was another last min snipe... owell...  Guess I go back to reselling for abit hehe.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:12 am 

Where are all you big spenders when i put my lots up for sale?  :cry:

draco76 wrote:man I really didn't want to pay over $400 for this......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5940583488

but I REALLY didn't want cougertard to hatve it....

I'd have got it at a decent price but there was another last min snipe... owell...  Guess I go back to reselling for abit hehe.

"What can I get for $10?"

"Mint Rare and Shrinkwrapped-just pick that bar of soap up for us pls, we love you long time!"

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:44 am 

lol well I didn't pay that much per module......

that and the The 10th Anniversary Collector's Set was the main reason I bid; I have a set thats complete, the box is just not in as good as shape.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 12:34 pm 

lol wtf roflmao lmao..................
Just want to fit in............

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:16 pm 

We needed an extra copy for an upcoming 1ed Gamma game, and I saw this :D  

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWA:IT

The box is incomplete having no dice, but I have lots of era sealed sets if I needed to complete it. But again it's just going to be a play copy. What's cool was the Grizzly Bear was just throwing in a Metamorphosis Alpha  8O

A 2nd print Meta just went for $114; I'm I crazy or isn't this a $25 - $40 tops item (At least at GenCon, 2 1st prints ($40 for both)). I mean it's cool and all, and I'm not trying to devalue it as a collectors item being the precursor to Gamma World and written by the man James Ward, but doesn't this seem high, or am I out of the loop on this one?  :roll:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW

I know the David Sutherland first print went for around $150, but that was David's, and a 1st print. That was the last one I remember seeing on the Bay. I'll let you guys know if it's 1st or 2nd when I get it, the description didn't say.  :roll:

BTW- Does anyone know the different printings of the 1ed Gamma World box set? I have a few copies, and only one of has the TSR Lizard logo, the only one I've ever seen.  :?:

"Its either a wand to cast Bigby's Hand spells or a +3 backscratcher. We're not sure which."

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:14 pm 

Not all of the Gamma World box sets came with dice.  I can't say why, maybe certain printings or maybe in error.  I know for a fact that a brand new wizard logo set that I bought did not come with dice.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 7:04 pm 

dbartman wrote:Not all of the Gamma World box sets came with dice.  I can't say why, maybe certain printings or maybe in error.  I know for a fact that a brand new wizard logo set that I bought did not come with dice.

Mine came with dice!  I am looking at them now!

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:21 am 

Here's another 2nd print Meta that nabbed a dollar-thirty, granted it's signed by Ward, but again over a hundred clams on a second print Alpha. I guess this is what their going for. I made out like a bandit on this deal, the Gamma World set I believe is worth $25 - $30. So let's say even with shipping I got the Metamorphosis Alpha for 20 bucks. Not to bad IMO.

Here's a first print Alpha going tomorrow, let's see what kind of coin it commands.

Maybe I should become the Cougar of Metamorphosis Alpha, Muhahahahahaha………… :twisted:

J/K no desire

"Its either a wand to cast Bigby's Hand spells or a +3 backscratcher. We're not sure which."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:34 am 

Dbartman wrote:

Not all of the Gamma World box sets came with dice. I can't say why, maybe certain printings or maybe in error. I know for a fact that a brand new wizard logo set that I bought did not come with dice.

Blackmoor wrote:

Mine came with dice! I am looking at them now!

I have a total of six Gamma sets. Two are still in the shrink with wizard logos, and after a shake it sounds like the dice are present. Three of the other sets are play copies with the TSR face logo, only one came with loose dice, but the other two sets could have just been missing their dice. The pride of my Gamma Collection is a NM box with the Lizard logo and it came with sealed dice.

Again, does anyone know anything about printing information on the Gamma World Box Sets??????

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:06 pm 

invincibleoverlord wrote:Dbartman wrote:

Not all of the Gamma World box sets came with dice. I can't say why, maybe certain printings or maybe in error. I know for a fact that a brand new wizard logo set that I bought did not come with dice.

Blackmoor wrote:

Mine came with dice! I am looking at them now!

I have a total of six Gamma sets. Two are still in the shrink with wizard logos, and after a shake it sounds like the dice are present. Three of the other sets are play copies with the TSR face logo, only one came with loose dice, but the other two sets could have just been missing their dice. The pride of my Gamma Collection is a NM box with the Lizard logo and it came with sealed dice.

Again, does anyone know anything about printing information on the Gamma World Box Sets??????

Six gamma sets!  Is that so six of you can play at once? :?

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:36 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:

Six gamma sets! Is that so six of you can play at once?

I know right? Well, two of the copies are in shrink, and the Lizard Logo box is in our collection. That does still leave our three play copies. I just figured what the hay; under $50 bucks on a wizard logo Gamma box in nice shape is worth it, and a Metamorphosis to boot made the deal even sweeter. I am currently prepping a Gamma campaign so come game time the extra book could come in handy with (yes) six players. Or, I'll chalk it up as one more deal that I didn't belong bidding on, and stack it in the closet. :lol: I'm such a fool for this stuff :lol:

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:08 am 

cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a ... RK:MEWN:IT

DL11 - in shrink for $4.25. Seems he might have done better if he had put the module code in his title. But it's a nice Christmas present for me!

I also noticed that our friend the Cougar has set a high reserve on his copy of this item.

cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a ... eName=WDVW

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:22 pm 

OK, NOTHING beats my wife picking up Misty Isles and 3 Gor books for $1 each at the supermarket bargain bin today. Thank you Hannaford!!!!!!!!!!! A chick who thinks!! Am I blessed or what?!

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 18 of 111123 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 109110111