Not-so-Recent Fun Finds
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 98 of 111123 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99 ... 109110111
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:16 pm 

I don't think you overpaid.  Considering how rarely those come up, it seems like you got a rather good price.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:48 pm 

I think your price is fairly middle of the road but I think the market is a bit down right now.  A while back you never would have seen prices like these:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:23 am 

Mars wrote:I think your price is fairly middle of the road but I think the market is a bit down right now.  A while back you never would have seen prices like these:

yeah i was watching them. good job i couldnt afford to bid right now :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:33 pm 

dsaunders wrote:

may have overpaid for this, but i thought it was pretty funny that the final bid came up to exactly my max bid.  to the penny.  never thought that would happen ;)  oh well, slowly working on my R-Series...

Congratulations!

Very nice win  :D

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:58 pm 

Mars wrote:I think your price is fairly middle of the road but I think the market is a bit down right now.  A while back you never would have seen prices like these:

These were great prices!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:39 am 

Something I have always been curious about with module H1:  Has ANYONE ever seen an H1 that the "box" WASN"T crushed in some manner?  When I got mine (for $15.00 when it came out) I remember it was crushed; no harm to the contents, thankfully.  
      (Believe it or not--I got back in after nearly 20 years out, but my sister gave (@#!!@#!!!) away almost ALL of my collection, including H1, to Goodwill  8O .  So, now I'm looking again.)

Also, why does H1 seem to command a high price at auctions :?: ?  I understood that it had a good-size printing, unlike, say, ST1.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:47 am 

"This listing ([item number]) has been removed or is no longer available. Please make sure you entered the right item number.
If the listing was removed by eBay, consider it canceled. Note: Listings that have ended more than 90 days ago will no longer appear on eBay"

This is now showing up on a lot of the links to eBay in this forum;  for those of us who "came late", could those who are posting not only link to the specific auction but spell out what was in the auction (should the post be 90+ days after the auction closed, the above notice appears when one clicks on the link).

PLEASE? :D

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:14 am 

sleepyCO wrote:Something I have always been curious about with module H1:  Has ANYONE ever seen an H1 that the "box" WASN"T crushed in some manner?  When I got mine (for $15.00 when it came out) I remember it was crushed; no harm to the contents, thankfully.  
      (Believe it or not--I got back in after nearly 20 years out, but my sister gave (@#!!@#!!!) away almost ALL of my collection, including H1, to Goodwill  8O .  So, now I'm looking again.)

Also, why does H1 seem to command a high price at auctions :?: ?  I understood that it had a good-size printing, unlike, say, ST1.

Well a certain someone was buying these up at one time, but really the one reason is getting these complete since they have so many components. Not to mention the counters could be punched and the foldup sheets been used. So it is harder to find everything undamaged (course my box is crushed as I suspect many are)
ST1's case is the printing size, being small its harder to come by and thus has a high value.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:19 am 

sleepyCO wrote:"This listing ([item number]) has been removed or is no longer available. Please make sure you entered the right item number.
If the listing was removed by eBay, consider it canceled. Note: Listings that have ended more than 90 days ago will no longer appear on eBay"

This is now showing up on a lot of the links to eBay in this forum;  for those of us who "came late", could those who are posting not only link to the specific auction but spell out what was in the auction (should the post be 90+ days after the auction closed, the above notice appears when one clicks on the link).

PLEASE? :D

Sometimes people do, but most of the time its for the moment and well after 90 days+ few need to check those links again. (course I've always wondered if someone doesn't cache certain auction pages)

Oh and welcome to the forums SleepyCO. Theres a thread to post to so you can introduce yourself.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:50 am 

sleepyCO wrote:Something I have always been curious about with module H1:  Has ANYONE ever seen an H1 that the "box" WASN"T crushed in some manner?  When I got mine (for $15.00 when it came out) I remember it was crushed; no harm to the contents, thankfully.  

I bought my first one new right off the shelf, picked out the best one, and it was still slightly crushed.  It was a lousy packaging effort.  The box was too big for the contents.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:10 pm 

dsaunders wrote:

may have overpaid for this, but i thought it was pretty funny that the final bid came up to exactly my max bid.  to the penny.  never thought that would happen ;)  oh well, slowly working on my R-Series...

Considering The Forgotten King and Elixir of life just went for $432.00 I'd say you got a very good price.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:14 pm 

Just got a BEST OF DRAGON GAMES box set off Ebay for £5 plus a couple quid or so postage :) CHUFFED here !!! Condition is great !

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  8)  8)  8)  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:17 pm 

dsaunders wrote:

You did well... If condition is as good as it says ! GRATZ mate  8)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:56 am 

Am I missing something here? Why did this auction go so cheap?  :?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:05 am 

Downswing in pricing lately. I believe the market is saturated with things like whiteys.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:42 pm 

Here's probably my first:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... amp;ih=007

The inside of From the Ashes was in phenomenal shape. The box was just beat a little bit. With some judicious use of archival tape the corners are mended now.

"Good, remember that when next we meet. For I have marked you loudmouth and my axe knows the name of your spirit" ~ Druss the Legend

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:18 pm 

bclarkie wrote:

Am I missing something here? Why did this auction go so cheap?  :?

No kidding...sorry to make you pay so much... :wink:
You could have won it for only $58 if I hadn't of gotten in there. True that there's been some market saturation, but still I see the OCE going for near $100 sometimes...plus add 3 supplements (2nd print G, DG & H to boot!)...I think this auction was just overlooked by most...GREAT win at that price!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:32 pm 

seeyouinescrow wrote:plus add 3 supplements (2nd print G, DG & H to boot!)...I think this auction was just overlooked by most...GREAT win at that price!

A nice win there no doubt.  But the Greyhawk is at least a 3rd not a 2nd.  The 2nd has a GK logo.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 98 of 111123 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99 ... 109110111