Not-so-Recent Fun Finds
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 90 of 111123 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91 ... 109110111
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:51 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:Not to put a damper on the PoVQ party, but I would check the authenticity of it. The seller seems to know it is worth a lot, but puts a BIN of about1/3 what it might go for. AND sells a bunch of other rare stuff at the same time. If he/she got some sort of value idea from here, they would know that Geos go for a lot as well.

Up to page 4 of that PotVQ thread...
harami2000 wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:hope this helps?
Al

Hrmm... changing the subject: what's that little "crimp" mark at the middle of the top of each page?
Can't remember seeing any marks like that, whether from some sort of auto sheet feeder, or whatever.

killjoy32 wrote:right i have just taken it out of the wrapping one last time - i am definately not doing it again :)

i have looked at every page in the module and i noticed this:

go back to page 3 and look at the scans i did. on the page with the level one map. look at the top. in the middle you will see the mark. look to the left and to the right - midway to the edge on each side. you will see faint marks similar to that one.

i checked every page. some have them marks and some don't. the yellow front page doesn't have any and some of the other pages don't have any either, some have one, some have two but the level one map is the only one where you can see three and if you look VERY closely, you CAN see them with the naked eye. i just never checked before.

i tell you what they DO look like. When the paper sometimes slightly catches on a roller in a printer/copier, you sometimes get that on the paper.

i don't think its a clip of any kind as its not evident on all the pages and i would have thought front and back would have been most evidently marked.

so what do you all think? does anyone else see any of these marks?

Al

ps. of course, IF it was caused by a roller...it might lead to something on how it was printed ?

Mine has these marks except on the yellow cover page. Also paper is heavier then what you find today for printers/copiers. (One of my first jobs was testing and rebuilding toner/laser cartidges so I have an eye for some details)

Anyway, shall read on and see what else I spot that matches the thread.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:02 am 

Might be worth comparing the yellow of the cover sheet with someone else's. It's very distingtive, doesn't show it's true colour in photos, and is very tricky to fake.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:07 am 

Yeah, I scanned it to compare to others and the color doesn't come out as good as it really is.

Why can't scanners pick up yellow as good, or actually is it some colored paper since the 1st print Tegel - the book color is different scanned then in real life.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:31 pm 

I bought three sets (Sets 1, 2, 3) of cut Dungeon Geomorphs from that seller (BusyBee). They were $7 BIN each and I was able to combine shipping to about $5.50, so it seemed like a decent price to me. Weirdly, they had two copies of Set 3 available (in the same auction listing, with the same photo). I only bought one and the second Set 3 hung around for a few days but is gone now. BusyBee had good communication after the auction. I hope the sets really are complete when they show up. I have the combined Geomorph set so I can compare. I'll post an update when they arrive.

I didn't see any Outdoor Geomorphs; they must've been bought already when I found these auctions.

What's weird is that none of these Geomorph auctions show up when I do a "Completed Items" search on Ebay. The auctions I bought show up in My Ebay, but not Completed Items.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:39 pm 

zhowar wrote: I'll post an update when they arrive.

I received these last week and they are complete & as described. First prints (F1002, F1003, F1004) though all cut. Not bad for the price. Busy_bee seems to be a good seller. Packaging was a bit weird...there was a piece of cardboard with chunks of dirt on it in the package. Luckily the geos were all in plastic bags.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:52 pm 

This is not quite as fun as some of the past finds, but it broke a bit of an offline dry spell for me.

I found a copy of The Compleat Alchemist in quite good condition for $2.00 at a local game store.  The only thing keeping it from being "collectable" is a somewhat funky smell, but as I see it that enhances the alchemical authenticity.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:06 pm 

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Gro you dog!  I took my kids to see Pirates and forgot to check the auctions that were expiring tonight...I might not have gone much over 200, but my final snipe would have been in that neighborhood.

Excellent win. :D

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:13 am 

Gracias mucho :D  Some of these will be hitting the block soon, FYI:  I spent a good chunk of Saturday getting organized for selling.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:15 pm 

bbarsh wrote:

Gro you dog!  I took my kids to see Pirates and forgot to check the auctions that were expiring tonight...I might not have gone much over 200, but my final snipe would have been in that neighborhood.

Excellent win. :D

Wow, that is a GREAT win!

Let mirth prevail!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:57 pm 

We found Darlene!  8O
Original TSR art inquiry
(More accurately, she found us.  Welcome to the Acaeum!)

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:02 pm 

The Artist formery known as Darlene. What did she do that I might recognize?

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:21 pm 

World of Greyhawk maps

Interior illustrations for DMG (Unicorn on title page, 2 different "sages",  party meeting "dryad" (full pg 48), "negative" type picture of man on horse on sea cliff (half pg 52), cleric with snake staff (pg 134), mermaid (pg 180), succubus on afterword page).

Deities and Demigods interiors (Celtic, Chinese and Japanese mythos).

Covers (front and back) of color B1 (revised)

Monster Cards in set 3 - Ape (Carniv.), Carrion Crawler, Ettin, Jaguar, Locathah, Mummy (not sure), Seawolf Lycanthrope, Manticore (with a face that looks like a real angry Al Gore!)

Dragon magazine illustrations. Including Jasmine strip.

There's a few more listed here at Pen and Paper.

She's illustrating for Troll Lord now:
Error Occurred While Processing Request

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:35 am 

She did the large scale map for Castle Zagyg 1: Yggsburgh

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:32 am 

Darlene also did all of the cartography for the recently-concluded "Age of Worms" adventure path in Dungeon Magazine.  Welcome aboard, Darlene :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:18 pm 

Well here is number 1000 8O  :D

Just picked this up last night.

Finally got those elusive lizard logo G series, plus I needed the first print D3. Have to review the rest, but probably many will hit ebay to cover the cost of this one. I am not a big shrink chaser, so that does not hold any value to me.

By the way, that same seller has several large auctions with tons of shrink stuff.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:51 pm 

Congratulations on 1000 posts!

I never saw a lizard logo before I came to this site.  In fact, I couldn't figure out the significance of the lizard miniature on Invincible Overlord's game shelf.

Any of you West Coast guys ever see a lizard logo back in the day?

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:44 pm 

Nice pick up BTB:

I would have snapped it up in a second myself if that seller wasn't a jack-ass.  I just could bring myself to provide him with any income towards his future purchases, good deal or not.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:56 pm 

bclarkie wrote:I would have snapped it up in a second myself if that seller wasn't a jack-ass.  I just could bring myself to provide him with any income towards his future purchases, good deal or not.

I'm guessing he uses a random number generator for his prices...

(And random words, too, given that it says Dungeon in the title!).

Previous copy was $282;  

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 90 of 111123 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91 ... 109110111