Not-so-Recent Fun Finds
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 86 of 111123 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 109110111
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 6:25 pm 

First it's barbarians, then we don't have any patience..
But then his signature does say 'Everyone is entitled to my opinion'..well now I have my own signature to that..... :)

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 6:28 pm 

Plaag wrote:First it's barbarians, then we don't have any patience..
But then his signature does say 'Everyone is entitled to my opinion'..well now I have my own signature to that..... :)

ShaneG.

lol :D

ah ya know i am just joshing with y'all :) i love you all really honest :)

i have no patience anyway thats for sure (as david will keep pointing out on my L3 purchase from yesteryear) :D

Al

ps. ever noticed...frank just needs to say one word and its like a paragraph :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 6:33 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
Plaag wrote:First it's barbarians, then we don't have any patience..

ShaneG.

lol :D

ah ya know i am just joshing with y'all :) i love you all really honest :)

i have no patience anyway thats for sure (as david will keep pointing out on my L3 purchase from yesteryear) :D

Al

I know, and I think there still is a thread for that 'showing the love'
Edit: I love everybody on this site :wink:

killjoy32 wrote:ps. ever noticed...frank just needs to say one word and its like a paragraph :D

He's a man of few words, imagine if he showed us a picture.. 8O

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 6:39 pm 

Plaag wrote:He's a man of few words, imagine if he showed us a picture.. 8O

ShaneG.

i just realised...frank is chuck norris in disguise!

aha now it all fits!!

:P

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:30 pm 

Nah, Chuck is way better looking than me. Hell, CHUCKIE is better looking than me.
Although, there used to be 25 letters in the alphabet, until I got pissed at the N and round-kicked it sideways.
(made that up all by meself)
I don't think that I'm overly patient so much as I am cheap. I honestly wish tourney mods and the like went for a couple hundred apiece, like the old days. But then, there weren't as many die-hard collectors then either.
Al, I might have to fly over there just to down a few ales with you soon. Do they allow you to be bailed out over there?

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 10:07 pm 

C'mon everybody knows that you can see DL's pic on his eBay about me page:

cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUser ... deadlord36

:wink:

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 10:54 pm 

VermilionFire wrote:C'mon everybody knows that you can see DL's pic on his eBay about me page:

cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUser ... deadlord36

:wink:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :cry:  :lol:

So I take it that was 3 years ago :wink:

ShaneG.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:57 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8807704630

Got this, am very happy :D
2nd print Basic Box set (complete)
Hex Pad 1st print (Mine has 40 sheets attached to the pad and 1 loose)
B1 1st print
Other sheets are Fantasy Trip photocopies of record sheets and well the large hex sheets don't give a name as to where they came from (only say Permission to Photocopy)
2 character sheets for D&D that look like they were typed up for personal use

I take it the Basic set book has no differences to the 1st other then hobbit/halfling change? Mine has the purple worm pic, tables on pg 10 seem to have the classed characters as wandering monsters.

Oh and as for the two books in the lot, one has not been cut along the edge (the outer margin is wider, pages extend out farther and father as you reach the center, then reverse course, cover has white line and faded image edge where the book should have been cut)

ShaneG.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:54 am 

Plaag wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8807704630

B1 1st print
Other sheets are Fantasy Trip photocopies of record sheets and well the large hex sheets don't give a name as to where they came from (only say Permission to Photocopy)

I take it the Basic set book has no differences to the 1st other then hobbit/halfling change? Mine has the purple worm pic, tables on pg 10 seem to have the classed characters as wandering monsters.

Oh and as for the two books in the lot, one has not been cut along the edge (the outer margin is wider, pages extend out farther and father as you reach the center, then reverse course, cover has white line and faded image edge where the book should have been cut)

ShaneG.

There are some changes between the 1st and the 2nd printing of the Basic Set.  I had intended to look into it but haven't had the time to annotate them in detail.  Perhaps Zhowar could assist you further.

For one, the "Wandering Monster Table" on pg. 48 is significantly different from the scan of the 1st which Zhowar posted recently.

YIM  

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:05 am 

deimos3428 wrote:
Plaag wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8807704630

B1 1st print

ShaneG.

There are some changes between the 1st and the 2nd printing of the Basic Set.  I had intended to look into it but haven't had the time to annotate them in detail.  Perhaps Zhowar could assist you further.

For one, the "Wandering Monster Table" on pg. 48 is significantly different from the scan of the 1st which Zhowar posted recently.

Shane,

The 1st print Basic set that you just won from me went out already by Priority Mail . . . so you should have it by Monday to compare.

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:16 am 

Thanks Paul :D

As for the table on pg48, yeah it does change (giant rats for one are removed), pics seem to all be there and the monster entries that were posted are.

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:23 pm 

My storage space search continues:

Last night's finds:

Greyhawk  (10th Print)

Eldritch Wizardry (7th Print) (Get off that tree, you slut!)

White Wolf #19

Behind Enemy Lines (FASA, 1982, box is scrunched but insides are clean)

The search continues.  Some of this stuff has not been unpacked since I got married in 1984.  It's like an archaeological dig....I open up a box and look for clues to its date and origin of items packed.  

There was a false alarm when I found a box marked, "Board Games," that turned out to be stuff from the kids' room in our old house.

Some stuff I purchased long before I was consciously "collecting," so I find items that I have forgotten.  For instance, a tantalizing discovery such as Monsters and Treasure indicates the possible existence of the rest of the set, buried somewhere nearby.  The presence of Greyhawk and Eldritch Wizardry strongly hint at Blackmoor and Gods, Demi-gods and Heroes...which must lie in a nearby crypt.  I'm the Howard Carter of storage space archaeologists.   :wink:

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:06 pm 

Must be exciting..

Sadly all my stuff is catalogued, sorted in a way, and well I know its localized in the house..so I can't discover anything anymore :cry:

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:22 pm 

There are interesting items lurking there yet, I am sure.

Signs indicate that there is at least one major box of stuff to be discovered in the stacks....

Verbosh, Castle Book I, Campaign Hexagon System, Temple Book I are known to have existed, but have not yet appeared...Restormel might also be in there.  I certainly did not lose them...they must be there.

Board games such as Panzer Leader, Circus Maximus, Arab-Israeli Wars, Luftwaffe and the like are also yet to surface.

I also suspect the existence of more issues of White Wolf, Dragon, Dungeon and Different Worlds.

There are also a few TSR modules still unaccounted for out there.  At least one was a Dragonlance module...and there have to be others.  (Funny how the TSR modules are mostly a blur to me.)  I suspect the existence of multiple Dragonlance modules.  At least one had unpunched pieces for an underwater battle.

Out there, somewhere, is also a copy of The First Fantasy Campaign and a Pegasus #1.

There was also an Erol Otus, red cover D&D box that I saw the last time I was working...but then misplaced the crate it was in.  (I need a Holmes set again!  The box from my original copy is flatened...and framed.)

I have come across numerous D&D miniatures and I know a mother load of those is still out there as well.

The bulk of this stuff was given to me as gifts and bequests by my gamer buddies.  I never had money for any of it.  That's why some of it is still a mystery.

Mark   8)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:01 pm 

nice win there by bill!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %3AIT&rd=1

nice item that  :cry:

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:27 pm 

...and a nice snatch there by Brendon! nice one!!

TSR RPGA R3 Egg of the Phoenix PrePub NO NUMBER | eBay

:) Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:32 pm 

Well...congratulations to Frank, at least.

Kudos, Frank.   8O

Mark   8)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:34 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:Well...congratulations to Frank, at least.

Kudos, Frank.   8O

Mark   8)

personally thought they would both go for a lot more....should have stabbed at the production copy a little more  :?

Are we nearly there yet?

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 86 of 111123 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 109110111