Not-so-Recent Fun Finds
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 84 of 111123 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 10:45 pm 

zhowar wrote:Yes, definitely a good price for nice B10 with counters...I sold my beat-up copy with no counters for $34.99 a few months ago.

The thing is, it is actually not a B10.  It is a B/X1. with all the counters unpunched. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 12:19 am 

Ah, yes, of course...I forgot about that B/X1 UK version. Nice!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 5:07 am 

zhowar wrote:Ah, yes, of course...I forgot about that B/X1 UK version. Nice!

yes. remarkably harder to get hold of than B10 is thats for sure.

nice win there Bri. i was watching that one and decided in the end that i didnt REALLY need it as i have a B10 unpunched anyway and it just felt too anal to me to get it :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 1:42 pm 

Nice pick up Al

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :ONA:US:21

I was going to try and snipe that one at the end! 8O

Probably not see another one of these for quite some time I imagine

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 1:59 pm 

Incredible win Al,

That's just something special.  Like Blackmoor said, we're not likely to see another one of those for a long time.  I would like to hear about it when you recieve it.

martin

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 3:26 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:Nice pick up Al

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :ONA:US:21

I was going to try and snipe that one at the end! 8O

Probably not see another one of these for quite some time I imagine

well you know what. the worst thing i could have done with that was sit it on my watch list.

i was sat in work and i looked at it about 25 times in about 2 hrs and you know when you know you cant really afford it, yet you start to hear that voice that says "oh go on, what the hell, you only live once" etc...well there we go.

i have wanted this for such a long time it is just silly. i always loved the title and well its just one of them i have to have items. what makes it just perfect for me, is that its frank's DM copy from the actual tournament, so that will make it ultra-special for me, as its not just any old great bugbear hunt :)

sure the BIN might have been a little high for what others maybe would have paid, but i have no idea of the value or anything, but in the end, does it matter? if you want it, you get it. i didnt want to take the chance on the bidding, cos everytime i do that, you snipers sweep the floor with me :D so i thought feck it, cover my eyes and hit the button baby!

looking forward to getting it very much. trouble is, just means i have to sell one of my other rares to partially sort the funds, but thats ok. this feels just so much nicer to me :D

for me, this is about the equivalent of that woody you got BM. starting to really like these tourney things - pity i didnt get more into them 2 planescape ones that azurah won early this morning but thats ok.

if frank puts another tourney up anytime soon, i am just gonna cry :D

thanks y'all

*joins the madding crowd of ever-not-so-elastic-credit-cards*

:D Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:49 pm 

Well Al, since you've been edged out so often and haven't received one of my infamous Persiflagous Panegyrical Proclamations, I've added a bonus: a third set of original tourney character sheets (all 7, with Background sheet). And it comes with its own PPP (so now you have two). AND I went through and wrote the original player's name on the back of each sheet -- the person in the Philadelphia or Lake Geneva campaign who created the character used later in the tournament.

I try to take care of my buyers, as many of y'all know by now.   :wink:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:52 pm 

ExTSR wrote:Well Al, since you've been edged out so often and haven't received one of my infamous Persiflagous Panegyrical Proclamations, I've added a bonus: a third set of original tourney character sheets (all 7, with Background sheet). And it comes with its own PPP (so now you have two). AND I went through and wrote the original player's name on the back of each sheet -- the person in the Philadelphia or Lake Geneva campaign who created the character used later in the tournament.

I try to take care of my buyers, as many of y'all know by now.   :wink:

:oops:  :oops:  :oops: wow thanks frank, thats amazingly generous of you. i am so pleased with this (deliberately ignoring the cost of course :D)

cant wait to get this lemme tell ya - thankyou for the time in answering the multitude of questions i fired off in such a short time :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:55 pm 

Wow!  :D

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 5:17 pm 

:)  :)  :)

*looks at quote of Seamus Heaney, in the red_bus post above*

Thanks for the introduction to this guy, red_bus.  I went looking for him based on your tagline quote.   :D

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 5:32 pm 

red_bus wrote:Wow!  :D

Wow +1. That is a BIG purchase. Defintely a cool item though.  It helps me feel better about the WoM I just bought for $500. :oops:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 5:47 pm 

Al, all kidding aside, that is a great item to have. There certainly are not many of them around but it does not have that "nobody ever heard of it" status.

I like items such as that one. Solid piece of TSR / convention history. It will surely be one of those items that will become a feature piece of your collection.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 5:48 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
red_bus wrote:Wow!  :D

Wow +1. That is a BIG purchase. Defintely a cool item though.  It helps me feel better about the WoM I just bought for $500. :oops:

Dang, are all you guys robbing banks...

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 5:51 pm 

bbarsh wrote:Dang, are all you guys robbing banks...

well i think thats my yearly spending wiped out in one foul swoop tbh :D

that is unless something very particular comes along :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 6:36 pm 

MShipley88 wrote::)  :)  :)

*looks at quote of Seamus Heaney, in the red_bus post above*

Thanks for the introduction to this guy, red_bus.  I went looking for him based on your tagline quote.   :D

Mark   8)

You are very welcome.  i am glad you like him - he's really great!  Real earthy stuff  :)  

'North' is probably my favourite collection - although I have been meaning to get his prose translation of Beowulf which is very highly rated.  Not so long ago I was also reading (your) Whitman who is (I think) underrated over on our side of the Atlantic.  For short pieces, I love ‘a Clear Midnight'. I do like political poets -- you mentioned at some point I think you like Blake -- now there's someone who was angry  :)

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 24, 2006 12:43 am 

Ah, yes, Blake...the greatest poet that no one knows they are quoting.

He is is both the writer of the line, "tiger tiger burning bright" and the painter of The Great Red Dragon and The Woman Clothed With the Sun.

Blake is the Philip K. Dick of poets and painters...everyone knows his work but no one knows the artist.

Nothing about Blake strikes me as particularly angry, and his politics are the politics of the mystic.

Fiery the angels rose, and as they rose deep thunder rolled
Around their shores: indignant burning with the fires of Orc

Misquoted...yes, but very well...for the script of Bladerunner.

But I digress.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 24, 2006 1:15 am 

Blake is one of my fav's too.  I have a Folio edition which has his art as well.  I think his line is "tyger tyger burning bright".  Spell tiger with a "y" you so? yep!  Must be British like tyre.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 24, 2006 2:54 am 

Mars wrote:Blake is one of my fav's too.  I have a Folio edition which has his art as well.  I think his line is "tyger tyger burning bright".  Spell tiger with a "y" you so? yep!  Must be British like tyre.

dont tell me you spell tyre like tire ??!!  8O  (as in the tyre of a car)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 84 of 111123 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 109110111