Not-so-Recent Fun Finds
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 83 of 111123 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84 ... 109110111
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:36 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
Marlith wrote:Missing the last two pages (I have these from another book so I can chimera them) and looks like one page is written on pretty heavily but still probably a good price....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8805013353

'Chimera'? Is that the new word for photocopy?

No, I mean it as taking the pages from another book and placing them with the T-1 so I have a complete book. Peices parts to make a whole.

Using the term Chimera from mythology

Chimera (mythology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 10, 2006 7:11 am 

Oh. I get it. Sounds real tricky with a bound hardback book?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 10, 2006 7:25 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Oh. I get it. Sounds real tricky with a bound hardback book?

Not going to try and reattach (mend spell...nah not real)  :lol:  just put them there so it has all the pages.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 10, 2006 8:04 am 

I thought the term "chimera" applied to the OD&D box sets only... 3 volumes = 3 different heads.  A single volume with parts replaced has been referred to as a "frankenstein".  Perhaps we could use "ettin"?  :lol:

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 10, 2006 8:32 am 

... and a box with missing books could be a "blink dog" copy.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 10, 2006 9:17 am 

deimos3428 wrote:I thought the term "chimera" applied to the OD&D box sets only... 3 volumes = 3 different heads.  A single volume with parts replaced has been referred to as a "frankenstein".  Perhaps we could use "ettin"?  :lol:

I like Frankenstein lets go with that. Though to keep it is the AD&D vein should we not sue the Ravenloft term. I know it was Adam Awakens or something like that. Were contructs covered in The Created?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:28 am 

Marlith wrote:
deimos3428 wrote:I thought the term "chimera" applied to the OD&D box sets only... 3 volumes = 3 different heads.  A single volume with parts replaced has been referred to as a "frankenstein".  Perhaps we could use "ettin"?  :lol:

I like Frankenstein lets go with that. Though to keep it is the AD&D vein should we not sue the Ravenloft term. I know it was Adam Awakens or something like that. Were contructs covered in The Created?

ah but i like the bloodbowl player the best, Frank.N.Stein :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed May 10, 2006 2:20 pm 

Marlith wrote:

The Created (module) was about an evil marionette (sp?) and the city where only children lived (later it was deemed a Gothic Earth realm trapped in the Nightmare Lands - thats in the box set Nightmare lands)

Adam's Wrath is the module you are thinking of.

Now Children of the Night: The Created does deal with constructs (though it is unique ones)

Ravenloft was my first 2nd edition setting that I bought when it was coming out. And for fans of the novels..they are being rereleased with a different look, and some new material is also coming out from Wizards (WW ended their rights to Ravenloft): Expedition to Castle Ravenloft.

ShaneG.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 12:10 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Marlith wrote:Missing the last two pages (I have these from another book so I can chimera them) and looks like one page is written on pretty heavily but still probably a good price....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8805013353

Is that a T-1st?  If it is it might be quite interesting to see who the previous owner is being that it seems that the T-1sts seem to only come from those in the industry at the time. :)

Got this today so they shipped almost immediatley. First there is no page that appears to have been written on (middle right photo) as shown in one of the photos. Not sure what I am seeing in that one photo. It does appear to be a T-1st  :D . The cover exhibits the wear associated with a PHB of that era if it was used. It has the blemish near the upper left. The pages inside are unmarked though the edges are starting to yellow some. The name in the cover and on the title page is Glenn Grotefeld. It is a name I do not recognize from the gaming industry. Does anyone here remember that name or know this person? I Googled it and there is someone in Arlington, IL with that name and the address is the book is Wheeling, IL so it might be the same person.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 1:49 pm 

Very nice win, there.  Congratulations!

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 5:36 pm 

Marlith wrote:
bclarkie wrote:
Is that a T-1st?  If it is it might be quite interesting to see who the previous owner is being that it seems that the T-1sts seem to only come from those in the industry at the time. :)

Got this today so they shipped almost immediatley. First there is no page that appears to have been written on (middle right photo) as shown in one of the photos. Not sure what I am seeing in that one photo. It does appear to be a T-1st  :D . The cover exhibits the wear associated with a PHB of that era if it was used. It has the blemish near the upper left. The pages inside are unmarked though the edges are starting to yellow some. The name in the cover and on the title page is Glenn Grotefeld. It is a name I do not recognize from the gaming industry. Does anyone here remember that name or know this person? I Googled it and there is someone in Arlington, IL with that name and the address is the book is Wheeling, IL so it might be the same person.

Chances are he hasn't thought about AD&D since 1979, but it would be interesting if you contacted him.

'Course...he might also want his stolen 1st print PHB back, too!   :?

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 9:46 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:
Marlith wrote:

Chances are he hasn't thought about AD&D since 1979, but it would be interesting if you contacted him.

'Course...he might also want his stolen 1st print PHB back, too!   :?

Mark   8)

The store was in IL as well so it had not moved much. I am thinking he got married and his wife made him get rid of all his old RP stuff so he took it to the local bookstore where he originally bought it...or he sold it for crack. Playing MST3K with gaming books.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2006 8:44 am 

Nothing exceptional, but...

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... T&rd=1

That makes for almost the entire UK set (UK1 and UK2 are somewhat easy to find, plus I already own the former) in a hit, all in shrink, for something aroung 53 dollars. Nice hit.

Dieses war ein gutes kauf. Danke, eBay.de!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 18, 2006 1:28 pm 

1st Print Basic Set.  Geomorphs are complete and uncut, M&T is complete - only the dice are missing.

Basic Set

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu May 18, 2006 3:27 pm 

Beyondthebreach wrote:1st Print Basic Set.  Geomorphs are complete and uncut, M&T is complete - only the dice are missing.

Basic Set

Nice win.

ShaneG.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 18, 2006 3:34 pm 

Beyondthebreach wrote:1st Print Basic Set.  Geomorphs are complete and uncut, M&T is complete - only the dice are missing.

Basic Set

For Sale?

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 18, 2006 3:37 pm 

Basic Set

That box looks great.  Nice win.

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 8:51 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8807942791

I was finally able to pick this one up and it didnt eve cost me hal of what I thought it might. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 83 of 111123 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84 ... 109110111