Not-so-Recent Fun Finds
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 68 of 100123 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 9899100
Author


Active Collector

Posts: 39
Joined: Feb 15, 2006
Last Visit: Sep 07, 2020
Location: South Carolina

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:07 pm 
 

Yesterday had what I thought was going to be an entry for the shady dealers post.

Bought a lot of 3 box sets and a book just to get one of the box sets.  The price for the lot was less than what I was willing to pay for the box set I wanted.

The seller invoices me and I'm looking at the shipping and thinking "crap that seems a bit high for shipping".

Well, the stuff arrived and as I pick up the shipping box I think "crap this box is heavy".  Turns out that not only were each of the 3 box sets complete, they were filled with other stuff as well.  It was all 2E hardbacks so it wasn't a jckpot, but I didn't have anything of what was in there.

I really don't mind steep shipping if the box sets are ballasted with extra stuff.

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3590
Joined: Dec 20, 2003
Last Visit: Feb 25, 2021
Location: Canada

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:25 pm 
 

Disjected wrote:Yesterday had what I thought was going to be an entry for the shady dealers post.

Bought a lot of 3 box sets and a book just to get one of the box sets.  The price for the lot was less than what I was willing to pay for the box set I wanted.

The seller invoices me and I'm looking at the shipping and thinking "crap that seems a bit high for shipping".

Well, the stuff arrived and as I pick up the shipping box I think "crap this box is heavy".  Turns out that not only were each of the 3 box sets complete, they were filled with other stuff as well.  It was all 2E hardbacks so it wasn't a jckpot, but I didn't have anything of what was in there.

I really don't mind steep shipping if the box sets are ballasted with extra stuff.


It is always a great feeling to get extra booty in a boxset like that.  It happened to me as well when I purchased two Marvel Super Hero RPG boxsets.  The boxes were just packed with mods, supps and all very nice condition as well.

J


Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

 WWW  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 132
Joined: Nov 29, 2005
Last Visit: Aug 02, 2006
Location: Clifton Park, NY

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:38 pm 
 

Could be a good score....

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... T&rd=1

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 616
Joined: Nov 05, 2002
Last Visit: Feb 25, 2021
Location: Ohio

Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:40 am 
 

I finally got one of these at a decent price  :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8775011110

Mike

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Dec 25, 2019

Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:45 am 
 

chromaticknight wrote:I finally got one of these at a decent price  :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8775011110

Mike


Wow, nice win Mike.


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 671
Joined: Dec 17, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 13, 2019
Location: Italy

Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:20 am 
 

bclarkie wrote:
chromaticknight wrote:I finally got one of these at a decent price  :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8775011110

Mike


Wow, nice win Mike.


Yes, that's a very good price for that.

Or maybe the H serires is slowly descending to reasonable prices? I have this feeling recently that its prices are starting to cool down.

 ICQ  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3861
Joined: Feb 21, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 28, 2021
Location: Milford, Michigan

Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:46 pm 
 

Couldn't resist at the price. I'll call it my back up copy.
8)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1


And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

 WWW  


Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5611
Joined: Nov 16, 2002
Last Visit: Feb 23, 2021
Location: Wichita, KS, USA

Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:27 pm 
 

bbarsh wrote:Couldn't resist at the price. I'll call it my back up copy.
8)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1


Nice one.  The copy I just bought is, alas, incomplete.  You don't happen to have any spare parts lying around, do you (or anyone else)? :D


Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

 WWW  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3861
Joined: Feb 21, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 28, 2021
Location: Milford, Michigan

Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:36 pm 
 

I'll check in the next couple days. I don't think I do...but you never know.


And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

 WWW  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 181
Joined: Apr 02, 2004
Last Visit: May 26, 2014
Location: Sierra Foothills, CA

Post Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:19 pm 
 

This thread needs a bump...

Took a chance with this one, but it paid off with over 40 books! Just common stuff, but can't beat the price!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

This one arrived today...about as cheap as I've ever gotten it thanks to poor title and spelling

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

Looks like BTB got a good deal here....

Advanced Dungeons and Dragons | eBay

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 02, 2021

Post Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:26 pm 
 

seeyouinescrow wrote:This thread needs a bump...

Took a chance with this one, but it paid off with over 40 books! Just common stuff, but can't beat the price!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

This one arrived today...about as cheap as I've ever gotten it thanks to poor title and spelling

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

Looks like BTB got a good deal here....

Advanced Dungeons and Dragons | eBay


You are Juliabulia?


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5625
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Feb 23, 2021
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:55 am 
 

Yessah.


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 181
Joined: Apr 02, 2004
Last Visit: May 26, 2014
Location: Sierra Foothills, CA

Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:13 am 
 

MShipley88 wrote:
seeyouinescrow wrote:This thread needs a bump...

Took a chance with this one, but it paid off with over 40 books! Just common stuff, but can't beat the price!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

This one arrived today...about as cheap as I've ever gotten it thanks to poor title and spelling

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

Looks like BTB got a good deal here....

Advanced Dungeons and Dragons | eBay


You are Juliabulia?


Well...Juliabulia's other half   :)

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5625
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Feb 23, 2021
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:36 am 
 

He's Joeliabulia.


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 125
Joined: Oct 27, 2003
Last Visit: Aug 23, 2017
Location: Atop a heap of slain orcs

Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:35 am 
 

I thought maybe that was Raouliabulia, no that's the overseas cousin....no relation to Juliabulimia......the skinny one.....


Bree-Yark!

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5625
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Feb 23, 2021
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:25 am 
 

And let me guess, she makes Juliaboulliabaisse. Or egg noodles for cousin Chi-chenbulia.


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:50 am 
 

Deadlord39 wrote:And let me guess, she makes Juliaboulliabaisse. Or egg noodles for cousin Chi-chenbulia.


heh you guys are hilarious :D



  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5625
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Feb 23, 2021
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:05 am 
 

Why thanks, Killjoy32bulia.
As an on-topic note, I had a nice chat with Allan/grodog tonight, easily one of the nicest guys on the board. He might have the DeepDelve item I've been missing! Woohoo! Now I need to focus on Calthonwhey. I'd forgotten all about that until he mentioned it.


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:21 am 
 

Deadlord39 wrote:Why thanks, Killjoy32bulia.
As an on-topic note, I had a nice chat with Allan/grodog tonight, easily one of the nicest guys on the board. He might have the DeepDelve item I've been missing! Woohoo! Now I need to focus on Calthonwhey. I'd forgotten all about that until he mentioned it.


yeah i have been after that for a while too....always seems to fly by the net somehow.

i want blasted lands first anyway.

Al



  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 671
Joined: Dec 17, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 13, 2019
Location: Italy

Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:07 am 
 

seeyouinescrow wrote:
MShipley88 wrote:
You are Juliabulia?


Well...Juliabulia's other half   :)


Then you're Jeff.  :wink:

 ICQ  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 68 of 100123 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 9899100