Not-so-Recent Fun Finds
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 72 of 111123 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 109110111
Author

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5648
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Nov 18, 2021
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:25 pm 
 

I let the Phantasticons go thinking Brette might like them. I don't have a huge interest in them. BTW Brette, I seem to have a few Arcanacons here. PM me and we'll see what we can work out if they are ones you need.

 WWW  

User avatar

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 561
Joined: Sep 02, 2004
Last Visit: Dec 03, 2021
Location: Cape Cod

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:26 pm 
 

Just couldn't resist that pumpkin head bugbear.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8763554144

  


Active Collector

Posts: 99
Joined: Jan 27, 2006
Last Visit: May 04, 2015

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:35 pm 
 

Lordan wrote:Just couldn't resist that pumpkin head bugbear.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8763554144


One of my all-time fave minis.


"Surely you don't disbelieve the prophecies just because you had a hand in bringing them about?" J.R.R. Tolkien

  


Verbose Collector

Posts: 1669
Joined: Sep 03, 2003
Last Visit: Nov 28, 2021
Location: Portown

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:55 pm 
 

Lordan wrote:Just couldn't resist that pumpkin head bugbear.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8763554144


"Winkdog"  :)

 WWW  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 636
Joined: Sep 14, 2005
Last Visit: Jan 16, 2009
Location: Montreal, Canada

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:23 pm 
 

The only RPG to come with handpuppets:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8764679558

From what I read its quite bad as far as a game goes, but I couldn't resist the lure of an TSR RPG that I'd never even heard of before.

 WWW  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 3155
Joined: Nov 21, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 05, 2016
Location: UK

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:42 pm 
 

NetRodent wrote:The only RPG to come with handpuppets:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8764679558
From what I read its quite bad as far as a game goes, but I couldn't resist the lure of an TSR RPG that I'd never even heard of before.

:lol:

Saw your post and expected a note re. the fighting wheel; http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8762375755

Must admit, I like your choice of "fun find" more! :P
*
Home - EarthLink Mobile
"There are many reasons why we keep this particular game separated from the others..." *g*

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 636
Joined: Sep 14, 2005
Last Visit: Jan 16, 2009
Location: Montreal, Canada

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:50 pm 
 

faro wrote:Saw your post and expected a note re. the fighting wheel


I thought about posting that, but it didn't seem quite as obscure.  The really amazing thing is I placed bids for both the fighting wheel and BRRPPG before going to sleep lastnight and didn't expect to win either one.  Needless to say I was a bit giddy this morning.

 WWW  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4506
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Dec 04, 2021
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:20 pm 
 

Anyone have an estimated value for a 4th print DMG?

ShaneG.

 WWW  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3798
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Last Visit: Sep 02, 2021

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:27 pm 
 

NetRodent wrote:
faro wrote:Saw your post and expected a note re. the fighting wheel


I thought about posting that, but it didn't seem quite as obscure.  The really amazing thing is I placed bids for both the fighting wheel and BRRPPG before going to sleep lastnight and didn't expect to win either one.  Needless to say I was a bit giddy this morning.


Yeah, that F-wheel was a nice win.  Congrats.

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 4751
Joined: Oct 31, 2004
Last Visit: Dec 04, 2021
Location: Garland, TX

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:54 pm 
 

Finally!  And no I'm not referring to the James Bond game.  :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8755066294

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 3155
Joined: Nov 21, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 05, 2016
Location: UK

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:02 pm 
 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Finally!  And no I'm not referring to the James Bond game.  :D
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8755066294

Oh... that used to go for $40-55, didn't it? ;)
(Probably slightly overvalued at that range, but rather undervalued at what you paid! Didn't spot that at all :o).

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 636
Joined: Sep 14, 2005
Last Visit: Jan 16, 2009
Location: Montreal, Canada

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:28 pm 
 

[quote="Kingofpain89"]Finally!  And no I'm not referring to the James Bond game.  :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8755066294[/quote

Nice win.  I won my copy of Classical Warfare back in October for $22.50, Viking Gods cost me an addition $7.00.

 WWW  


** Banned **

Posts: 148
Joined: Dec 02, 2005
Last Visit: Jan 26, 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:07 pm 
 

I picked up an exceedingly nice condition original D&D Erol Otus basic rules box set (all contents super nice as well) for $7 bucks off of ebay on Thursday. I won it and the seller was in Sacramento, so I drove up and picked it up in person. The reason - I wanted to get it in enough time to have Erol Otus himsel sign it at Dundracon today! I was amazed when Erol told me that was the first time he had ever signed an actual original basic rules box set before! I couldn't believe it! This has quickly become one of the least expensive but most valued items in my collection. How cool is that??

Image

 WWW  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3798
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Last Visit: Sep 02, 2021

Post Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:25 pm 
 

jpipes wrote:I picked up an exceedingly nice condition original D&D Erol Otus basic rules box set (all contents super nice as well) for $7 bucks off of ebay on Thursday. I won it and the seller was in Sacramento, so I drove up and picked it up in person. The reason - I wanted to get it in enough time to have Erol Otus himsel sign it at Dundracon today! I was amazed when Erol told me that was the first time he had ever signed an actual original basic rules box set before! I couldn't believe it! This has quickly become one of the least expensive but most valued items in my collection. How cool is that??



Man, that is very cool.  Really nice.

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 482
Joined: May 12, 2005
Last Visit: Jul 22, 2021

Post Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:37 pm 
 

NetRodent wrote:The only RPG to come with handpuppets:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8764679558

From what I read its quite bad as far as a game goes, but I couldn't resist the lure of an TSR RPG that I'd never even heard of before.


Oh man, I got no end of mocking from my friends when I bought that, back when it first came out. Of course, I bought everything TSR released at that time... but those handpuppets were such easy targets. The running joke was that I was having an "affair" with Natasha...

Of course not! That would have ruined the collector's values...  :D


James

*************
James Mishler
James Mishler Games

  


Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1043
Joined: Jan 06, 2004
Last Visit: Jul 01, 2020
Location: Leicester, UK

Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:17 am 
 

johnhuck wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Hmm, now I will have to expand my "Will not help list". :P

If its any consolation, I had them on my watch list before your bids went in.  And my/Mike's snipe was only $88 (which probably isn't a consolation :? )

But what is probably a consolation is that the PHB has missing pages. :evil:   Thanks again to Mike for checking and negotiating the refund.  Would advise the surrogate bidders to check DMG & MM accordingly.

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3798
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Last Visit: Sep 02, 2021

Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:06 am 
 

johnhuck wrote:
johnhuck wrote:If its any consolation, I had them on my watch list before your bids went in.  And my/Mike's snipe was only $88 (which probably isn't a consolation :? )

But what is probably a consolation is that the PHB has missing pages. :evil:   Thanks again to Mike for checking and negotiating the refund.  Would advise the surrogate bidders to check DMG & MM accordingly.


Sorry to hear about the PHB, John.

The MM and DMG arrived safely, and are in great shape.  The DMG in particular is very nice, better than I had expected.  The overseas buyer will be most pleased with them, I'm sure.

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 3155
Joined: Nov 21, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 05, 2016
Location: UK

Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:52 pm 
 

johnhuck wrote:But what is probably a consolation is that the PHB has missing pages. :evil:   Thanks again to Mike for checking and negotiating the refund.

:( :(

Now that is a pain... :?

  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 72 of 111123 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 109110111