Not-so-Recent Fun Finds
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 71 of 111123 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 109110111
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:51 pm 

Thank you all for the replies. My thoughts zoomed thru many of those same responses when I clicked on the auction. There were two previous views before me  8O  8O  on the ticker. Obviously no one from here though.

Pure luck.

Mike

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:23 pm 

Probabl;y was the seller reviewing his add.  I have to say that was the best deal i have seen as well.  :wink:

chromaticknight wrote:Thank you all for the replies. My thoughts zoomed thru many of those same responses when I clicked on the auction. There were two previous views before me 8O 8O on the ticker. Obviously no one from here though.

Pure luck.

Mike

"What can I get for $10?"

"Mint Rare and Shrinkwrapped-just pick that bar of soap up for us pls, we love you long time!"

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:14 pm 

Nice one, Nicolas; http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8760140449
From a "collecting" p.o.v. $179 for a rather fine 5th OD&D feels better than double that or more for a trashed 2nd/3rd woodgrain.

I have my suspicions about the box, too, with regards to the colors/lustre, but that might just be the photo.

Pity you couldn't have picked up the 7/76 GH & BLK that apparently went with that: pretty early for a 5th print OD&D box and very nice condition, too, even if not "cheap" at $38 each.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8760142550
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8760144189

** Banned **

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:47 am 

Not a steal or anything, but certainly a fun find for me, I've been trying to score this set for sometime and finally did it. The box is one of the worst I've seen, but it's not an OCE which is great. Apears to be 3-5th printing or so. Comes with all the rules AND all the supplements, making it a real nice buy in my opinion. If I ever find a nicer lone box, I'd be in heaven. Either way, I'm happy!!!  :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:56 pm 

jpipes wrote:Not a steal or anything, but certainly a fun find for me, I've been trying to score this set for sometime and finally did it. The box is one of the worst I've seen, but it's not an OCE which is great. Apears to be 3-5th printing or so. Comes with all the rules AND all the supplements, making it a real nice buy in my opinion. If I ever find a nicer lone box, I'd be in heaven. Either way, I'm happy!!!  :D

:)

Seller had several "interesting items", even if Brian didn't want a few of them quite badly enough! ;)
(Congrats all round on those).

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:14 pm 

faro wrote:
jpipes wrote:Not a steal or anything, but certainly a fun find for me, I've been trying to score this set for sometime and finally did it. The box is one of the worst I've seen, but it's not an OCE which is great. Apears to be 3-5th printing or so. Comes with all the rules AND all the supplements, making it a real nice buy in my opinion. If I ever find a nicer lone box, I'd be in heaven. Either way, I'm happy!!!  :D

:)

Seller had several "interesting items", even if Brian didn't want a few of them quite badly enough! ;)
(Congrats all round on those).

Badly enough? I got my a$$ raped on the 3 hardcovers today. 8O  :twisted:  :lol:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:19 pm 

bclarkie wrote: Badly enough? I got my a$$ raped on the 3 hardcovers today. 8O  :twisted:  :lol:

Just to make sure there aren't any hard feelings, I dropped out on the T1st PHB because I already have one (Steve Marsh's!), and bought the other two for an Acaeum member who lives overseas (seller wouldn't ship abroad).

:D

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:23 pm 

bombadil wrote:
bclarkie wrote: Badly enough? I got my a$$ raped on the 3 hardcovers today. 8O  :twisted:  :lol:

Just to make sure there aren't any hard feelings, I dropped out on the T1st PHB because I already have one (Steve Marsh's!), and bought the other two for an Acaeum member who lives overseas (seller wouldn't ship abroad).

No hard fellings at all. :)   I guess since David could not bid on them and he had already told me about them, he certainly could not ask me to bid on them for him. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:23 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Badly enough? I got my a$$ raped on the 3 hardcovers today. 8O  :twisted:  :lol:

Now you just need to know that the other bidders only took up an interest after spotting your bid! *g* sry ^^

Thanks for taking that like a man! :lol:
(Hrmm... could've phrased that better, phps... :oops: :oops:)

=
Hey, and you didn't go for "Stephen's" 2nd print U&WA either. :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:29 pm 

faro wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Badly enough? I got my a$$ raped on the 3 hardcovers today. 8O  :twisted:  :lol:

Now you just need to know that the other bidders only took up an interest after spotting your bid! *g* sry ^^

Thanks for taking that like a man! :lol:
(Hrmm... could've phrased that better, phps... :oops: :oops:)

=
Hey, and you didn't go for "Stephen's" 2nd print U&WA either. :)

I will just have to chalk this one up to a learning experience. :)

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:30 pm 

bombadil wrote:and bought the other two for an Acaeum member who lives overseas (seller wouldn't ship abroad).

Yeah, I gave up on that, accordingly.
Good to know they're heading overseas despite the seller's lil' quirks ;)
thx :)

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:33 pm 

bclarkie wrote:I will just have to chalk this one up to a learning experience. :)

*nods*. It happens... Even if consoling oneself that the credit card is better-off for the near-hit!

(Ditto with that 1st GW MM, tho'...)

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:02 pm 

bombadil wrote:

Which makes all 3 going overseas  :D  Thanks Mike.  Sorry bclarkie (especially as I owe you a favour!) :oops:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:06 pm 

Hmm, now I will have to expand my "Will not help list". :P

** Banned **

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:29 pm 

I thought these were nice finds, cheap too. I am suprised no one else snagged them from me, especially the mint cond Greyhawk box set.

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:04 pm 

That Greyhawk set was a nice pickup.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:21 am 

bclarkie wrote:Hmm, now I will have to expand my "Will not help list". :P

If its any consolation, I had them on my watch list before your bids went in.  And my/Mike's snipe was only $88 (which probably isn't a consolation :? )

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:42 am 

... and a nice pick up John as well...

Brette:)

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 71 of 111123 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 109110111