Not-so-Recent Fun Finds
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 66 of 111123 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:15 am 

bclarkie wrote:AG module(I wanted the other 2 this seller was selling but couldn't top Ian):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

I gave that one great consideration, but left it in the end 'cos I don't have much Birthright stuff. I haven't received my two yet, but the seller was a bit pissy about wanting to send them surface to the UK for $25. I convinced him to send them Airmail after a week of e-mailing him (still cost me $17), so hopefully they'll arrive. I made sure I paid that one on a CC just in case they don't turn up.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:19 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:AG module(I wanted the other 2 this seller was selling but couldn't top Ian):

I gave that one great consideration, but left it in the end 'cos I don't have much Birthright stuff. I haven't received my two yet, but the seller was a bit pissy about wanting to send them surface to the UK for $25. I convinced him to send them Airmail after a week of e-mailing him (still cost me $17), so hopefully they'll arrive. I made sure I paid that one on a CC just in case they don't turn up.

If it is any consolation, I already received mine last week and everything was just fine. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:08 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:

surface $25 ??!!  8O  8O  8O  wtf was he sending...a brick??!!

'kinell!

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:07 pm 

It took me 10 days to convince him that I knew he was ripping me off. It's still costing $17 to ship 32 sheets of paper (no card covers) to the UK, so they better be well protected and not folded.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:56 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:It took me 10 days to convince him that I knew he was ripping me off. It's still costing $17 to ship 32 sheets of paper (no card covers) to the UK, so they better be well protected and not folded.

wow now that is scary - thats like titan and tonya all rolled into one and then some ! :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:18 am 

My fun find for the year, I guess. January 1st, too.

3rd print OD&D set. Two small pieces of tape at one corner of the box, otherwise VG/VG (box definitely better than average), complete with correction and ref sheets.
$50.

With luck like that (and only with that), I'm half-tempted to offer Shane a swap for that white "I" booklet auction lot. ;) :P

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:37 pm 

faro wrote:My fun find for the year, I guess. January 1st, too.

3rd print OD&D set. Two small pieces of tape at one corner of the box, otherwise VG/VG (box definitely better than average), complete with correction and ref sheets.
$50.

With luck like that (and only with that), I'm half-tempted to offer Shane a swap for that white "I" booklet auction lot. ;) :P

Um, this wasn't on Ebay by any chance was it? :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:50 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Um, this wasn't on Ebay by any chance was it? :)

That's the same question Deimos asked. ^^

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:07 am 

Just bough an 800 piece collection of RPG's, got about 70 merp books, 75 traveller, 15 or so Pendragon, complete set of Gazatteers, tons of Forgotton realms and 2nd ed stuff and tons of current stuff.

The selling price you ask ???

Drum Roll ..............

$1500.00 canadian (that's those fake dollars)  one of the best group deals of my life! 8)

.......Off to sort stuff..... :wink:

J

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:20 am 

Blackmoor wrote:Just bough an 800 piece collection of RPG's, got about 70 merp books, 75 traveller, 15 or so Pendragon, complete set of Gazatteers, tons of Forgotton realms and 2nd ed stuff and tons of current stuff.

:o

Neat!
Are you sure you've got space for all that? (Not all of us have spare castle-sized rooms like Al).

See ya in about a week.... :)

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:53 am 

Nice deal, Blackmoor.

Now for the fun part - just sitting down and wandering through all the stuff.

Martin

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:01 am 

Wow, $1,500 Canadian, isn't that around $20 US? Very nice score there!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:23 am 

Deadlord36 wrote:Wow, $1,500 Canadian, isn't that around $20 US? Very nice score there!

I stopped telling that joke when the Canadian dollar was trading above $0.87 US last week...a 17 year high. Now is a very good time to be buying from the US. :wink:

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:49 am 

Prufrock wrote:Nice deal, Blackmoor.

Now for the fun part - just sitting down and wandering through all the stuff.

Martin

Yes I was up until 1:00 AM last night already

Whew!!

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:07 am 

faro wrote:My fun find for the year, I guess. January 1st, too.

$50.

Beautiful.  Gives me reason to live...What a nice way to ring in the New Year!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:41 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:Just bough an 800 piece collection of RPG's, got about 70 merp books, 75 traveller, 15 or so Pendragon, complete set of Gazatteers, tons of Forgotton realms and 2nd ed stuff and tons of current stuff.

Drum Roll ..............

$1500.00 canadian (that's those fake dollars) one of the best group deals of my life! 8)

J

Doesn't that work out to about $1 US per item?  Not bad.  More difficult to explain the exchange rate to my wife:  "Honey, look!  I got a great deal on this giant stack of game stuff!  Honey?"

Mark

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:24 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:

Drum Roll ..............

$1500.00 canadian (that's those fake dollars) one of the best group deals of my life! 8)

J

Doesn't that work out to about $1 US per item? Not bad. More difficult to explain the exchange rate to my wife: "Honey, look! I got a great deal on this giant stack of game stuff! Honey?"

Mark

About $1.30 US per item if my math is correct!  Beauty of if is many of the items are actually in better shape the the stuff in my collection :)  So I will upgrade and sell off the extras.  Another great part is that I sold off my MERP's stuff a few years ago when the prices were nuts, know I have a very comprehensive set again costing me virtually nothing!  Even some of his Rolemaster items I never heard of.

Probably not sleep again tonight.

J

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:13 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:Probably not sleep again tonight.

Lucky bastich... :evil:

Just Kiddin', I'm just green with envy. :)

There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 66 of 111123 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 109110111