Not-so-Recent Fun Finds
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 66 of 111123 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 109110111
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:37 pm 

dsaunders wrote:the place was called Monkey Head Games, near Centereach. he had a couple stacks of old modules left, but i think i took the best :wink: let me know if you find anything interesting that i missed.

-Damn! I use to live in Centeroach! Never saw that place. Bummer for me, good luck for you.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:14 am 

The Seattle area is a dead zone for old RPG shopping.  One game store, Wonderworld, Burien WA, is the champion, having acquired the stock of all other stores.  (American Eagle hangs on as well, I guess.)

Their store is jam packed with stuff...JAMMED...but the prices just aren't there.

I have not hit a gaming score in a second hand store in years.

Mark

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:49 am 

i still check used book stores, although my luck with those is running pretty thin now.  ohio area used book stores usually have something, north carolina though, at least the area i'm in, never has anything.  couple used book stores where you can get 3rd edition junk or one booklet from the forgotten realms campaign box set.  there is one gaming store, but there used stuff is a little overpriced.

-dave

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:25 am 

dsaunders wrote:and for this stack i walked out with i paid a total of $115. not a bad deal, don't think i'll have that luck anytime again soon...

There's a special place in the nine hells for people with your luck dsaunders.   :evil:

:P

Ah yeah, cheers on your good luck. :D

There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

** Banned **

Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:21 am 

Took a trip to Portland and spent 2 days mining the book stores and various other places for stuff. Here is what I came away with, let me know what you think. 75% of the items are in mint/excellent condition, and an item or two are still in the shrink.

What I paid is at the bottom, let me know what you think.

Dragon magazine issue 2 vol I and issue 5 vol II (for 5 bucks each at a paper back book store!!)

600 original (out of production) TSR/Ral Partha/Grenadier 25mm minis (yes, a collection of 600 of them) including tons of giants, dragons, demons, larger monsters as well as entire armies of fighters, wizards, you name it. Many of the minis date back to the 1970s, all are in EXCELLENT shape.

30+ D&D and AD&D 1st ed modules, including:

A2
A3
B11
B12
C6 (RPGS tournament handbook)
DL4
DL5
DL7
DL8
DL9
DL10
DL12
DL13
DL14
FR9
FR11
G1-2-3
I3
I6
I10
L1
L2
Q1
S1 (mono)
S2
S4
UK1
UK5
WG7

A D&D trail map set

5 Judges Guild items including:

Temple of Ra Accursed by Set
Dark Tower
Lara's Tower
Sea Steeds & Wave Riders
Pegasus #11

Some cool looking game system called "Deep Delve" by Clint Bigglestone

Greyhawk Wars box set
Ruins of Undermountain box set
Birthright campaign box set

Three mint cond RoleAids books

Two volumes of the Monsterous Compendium w/ nice mint binders

A stack or random, weird odds n ends, paperwork, loose modules, etc.

All this I got for $800. What do you think?? I think the 600 original minis are what put the collection well over the top.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:49 am 

How much are loose minis usually worth?

** Banned **

Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:28 am 

Well, the sheer size and scope of the collection, and the fact most of it is from the golden age, was why I thought it was worth it. I think a buck a piece if about right, so I didn't steal the collection or anything, but it was certainly a fun find. The collection also contains numerous large 25mm minis, fire giants, dragons, you name it. I've seen collections of between 100 and 300 25mm minis on ebay got for $200-$350, so I think I certainly got a good deal. But indeed, I'd be curious to know what others think as well. The other items, many of which will be resold, will make up for much of my cost too. Items like Dragon issue #2, etc.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:54 am 

Deadlord36 wrote:How much are loose minis usually worth?

If you get the right one could be worth $0.50 - $85.00 each.

Check the bottom of the miniature for stamps, TSR named characters are generally worth the most overall but certain Citadel Miniatures are worth loads.  It is a big job sorting through 800 though.

Good luck

J

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:55 am 

I got this one, and for a good price:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWN:IT

First print after all.

J

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:10 am 

I have actually picked up a few "fun" things over the last couple weeks.  Not everything works out to be a great deal, but still certainly fun to say the least.

Boot Hill(1st print):
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

Granted this went a little higher than the previous 2, but happy to have it just the same.

Alright, I know its 3rd edition, but for that price I got a pretty good deal.

same seller, StarStone. I have been looking for this one for a while:

AG module(I wanted the other 2 this seller was selling but couldn't top Ian):

And now on to the 2 pretty good bargains I picked up last week:

Granted they both cost a bit more than $10 a piece, but still much cheaper than both ususally go for. :D

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:15 am 

bclarkie wrote:AG module(I wanted the other 2 this seller was selling but couldn't top Ian):

I gave that one great consideration, but left it in the end 'cos I don't have much Birthright stuff. I haven't received my two yet, but the seller was a bit pissy about wanting to send them surface to the UK for $25. I convinced him to send them Airmail after a week of e-mailing him (still cost me $17), so hopefully they'll arrive. I made sure I paid that one on a CC just in case they don't turn up.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:19 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:AG module(I wanted the other 2 this seller was selling but couldn't top Ian):

I gave that one great consideration, but left it in the end 'cos I don't have much Birthright stuff. I haven't received my two yet, but the seller was a bit pissy about wanting to send them surface to the UK for $25. I convinced him to send them Airmail after a week of e-mailing him (still cost me $17), so hopefully they'll arrive. I made sure I paid that one on a CC just in case they don't turn up.

If it is any consolation, I already received mine last week and everything was just fine. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:08 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:

surface $25 ??!!  8O  8O  8O  wtf was he sending...a brick??!!

'kinell!

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:07 pm 

It took me 10 days to convince him that I knew he was ripping me off. It's still costing $17 to ship 32 sheets of paper (no card covers) to the UK, so they better be well protected and not folded.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:56 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:It took me 10 days to convince him that I knew he was ripping me off. It's still costing $17 to ship 32 sheets of paper (no card covers) to the UK, so they better be well protected and not folded.

wow now that is scary - thats like titan and tonya all rolled into one and then some ! :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:18 am 

My fun find for the year, I guess. January 1st, too.

3rd print OD&D set. Two small pieces of tape at one corner of the box, otherwise VG/VG (box definitely better than average), complete with correction and ref sheets.
$50.

With luck like that (and only with that), I'm half-tempted to offer Shane a swap for that white "I" booklet auction lot. ;) :P

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:37 pm 

faro wrote:My fun find for the year, I guess. January 1st, too.

3rd print OD&D set. Two small pieces of tape at one corner of the box, otherwise VG/VG (box definitely better than average), complete with correction and ref sheets.
$50.

With luck like that (and only with that), I'm half-tempted to offer Shane a swap for that white "I" booklet auction lot. ;) :P

Um, this wasn't on Ebay by any chance was it? :)

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:50 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Um, this wasn't on Ebay by any chance was it? :)

That's the same question Deimos asked. ^^

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 66 of 111123 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 109110111