Not-so-Recent Fun Finds
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 61 of 111123 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 109110111
Author

** Banned **

Post Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:48 pm 

Two days ago at a smallish bookstore in Berkeley, CA I found a 100% mint condition 2nd edition printing of Deities & Demigods (with the 2 extra sections and thanks to Chaosim). It's currently the nicest condition book in my collection. Not even the corners are worn!! Not bad for $10 bucks.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:36 pm 

jpipes wrote:Two days ago at a smallish bookstore in Berkeley, CA I found a 100% mint condition 2nd edition printing of Deities & Demigods (with the 2 extra sections and thanks to Chaosim). It's currently the nicest condition book in my collection. Not even the corners are worn!! Not bad for $10 bucks.

hello jpipes!

welcome to the forum chummer, hope you enjoy your time here :)

good buy on the book there - pretty cool bargain that! :D

go and introduce yourself in the thread:

Introduce Yourself, Fellow Collectors

:)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

** Banned **

Post Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:38 pm 

Thanks for the comments and pointer, I just posted an intro (more than anyone will care to know, I am sure) in that thread.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:05 pm 

Hi,

picked up Mike Bruntons personal copy of ST1 today.

Also got him to sign my other copies.

Nice bloke.

Cheers,

Malcolm

House Atreides

House Atreides CCG singles for sale

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:20 am 

dammit i nearly had that labyrinthe :)

congrats a2jeff :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:21 am 

lawrenson wrote:Hi,

picked up Mike Bruntons personal copy of ST1 today.

Also got him to sign my other copies.

Nice bloke.

Cheers,

Malcolm

House Atreides

House Atreides CCG singles for sale

malc....how many ST1's have you got ?  8O  8O  8O

Are we nearly there yet?

** Banned **

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:55 pm 

Nothing overly rare, but I came upon this nice suprise this evening at Half Price Books. I was going in to return something and hadn't planned to shop, but stopped in the RPG section as I had 3 times in the past two weeks anyway. I was not expecting to find anything but was greeted by a store clerk who informed that he just put up a bunch of new stuff and that another pile of older items was now marked down to 2 dollars each. I walked away with the Ravenloft campaign boxed set for 2 dollars, the 1993 Forgotten Realms campaign boxed set for 2 dollars, and all 7 volumes of the Wizards Spell Compendium and Priest Spell Compendium for 6 dollars each. Not bad for not expecting to find anything at all!! I see the compendiums going on ebay for 40-65+ so that was a really nice find.

Interestingly enough, mid week last week at a totally different HPB near me I got the entire Encyclopedia Magica as well, also for $6 a volume. Not D&D related at all (oh the horror) but I also found a really nice condition 1977 copy of SPI's wargame War of the Ring for $20. That was also pretty cool!!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:02 am 

Apparently I picked the wrong time to move away from the Bay Area---nice finds jpipes :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:19 am 

jpipes wrote:
but I also found a really nice condition 1977 copy of SPI's wargame War of the Ring for $20. That was also pretty cool!!

nice buys JP, especially this! was it the release with the two mini-games in it as well or just the war of the ring?

if it was the former, man you got an ultra-bargain, but even then its still a stomping purchase anyway. $20 for that in any form is a great deal - well done!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

** Banned **

Post Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:06 pm 

Thanks for the comments! The wargame War of the Ring was the white standard box edition (not the plastic flat tray version with the two extra games in it). I wish it was, but even so, this particular copy is in really, really crisp condition and is 100% complete so it was a great find. Goes to show if you look hard enough you can find stuff anywhere!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:14 pm 

jpipes wrote:Thanks for the comments! The wargame War of the Ring was the white standard box edition (not the plastic flat tray version with the two extra games in it). I wish it was, but even so, this particular copy is in really, really crisp condition and is 100% complete so it was a great find. Goes to show if you look hard enough you can find stuff anywhere!

Keeping this for your personal collection, or might you be interested in selling it?  :)

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:03 pm 

jpipes wrote:Two days ago at a smallish bookstore in Berkeley, CA I found a 100% mint condition 2nd edition printing of Deities & Demigods (with the 2 extra sections and thanks to Chaosim). It's currently the nicest condition book in my collection. Not even the corners are worn!! Not bad for $10 bucks.

I make it out to Berkeley once in a while.  What are the good bookstores, and where are they?

** Banned **

Post Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:40 pm 

Feanor23x, a few weeks/months ago I likely would have sold it right away, but I'm feeling very strongly towards my new found interest in fantasy RPGs and wargames. I always entertain offers, but am not looking to sell it specifically. It looks like a really fun game.

As for the bookstores in Berkeley that I found, I will type up a list and post it here for others to reference. There are a number of bookstores in Berkeley, but only a tiny number have any RPGs of any interest. The other places I found decent showings at bookstores was in Concord/Walnut Creek and Fremont.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:13 am 

jpipes wrote:Feanor23x, a few weeks/months ago I likely would have sold it right away, but I'm feeling very strongly towards my new found interest in fantasy RPGs and wargames. I always entertain offers, but am not looking to sell it specifically. It looks like a really fun game.

fwiw i tried playing that game with friends a number of times and imo, it certainly isnt the easiest game to play thats for sure.

poor lil gondor is utterly swamped by sauron and saruman, especially if they combine to beat you (as my friends did), so i just crammed every unit i had into minas tirith and got all the defence bonuses :)

after two hours of trying to beat me, they game it up as a bad lot and decided to play something else. i had my hidden frodo so close to mount doom at that time and they didnt even know - damn :)

it can be fun, but only if youre really willing to sit down and get your head around the rules which are not the easiest thing to follow.

imo the smaller games gondor and sauron are better.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:09 am 

Are you tired of... ?

:lol:

Role playing TSR AD D D D Stuff Huge list | eBay

Read the 'descripcion' Olé !

BTW : Alan, is your mail box full ? I can't send you anything.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:25 am 

youffie404 wrote:Are you tired of... ?

Role playing TSR AD D D D Stuff Huge list | eBay

Read the 'descripcion' Olé !

BTW : Alan, is your mail box full ? I can't send you anything.

in all fairness to coug and others who DONT show their shipping rates, if you bid on a ton of stuff and then get hammered for shipping later, well then its your own fault for not checking before-hand.

i have been stung this way a number of times, but you live and learn.

if i am concerned, i ask every time now. it only takes a minute and it then avoids all the grief afterwards.

btw: youffie: no my mailbox isnt full - not even close chummer. i dont know why i am not getting your mail, as i am getting mail from everywhere else? maybe the french are on strike AGAIN :D

just PM me on here if you cant e-mail me - i will get it that way for sure. i havent had any e-mails from you though, which makes me think its stuck at your side somewhere....

Alan

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:12 pm 

:?:

Wrong BIN or does the seller makes profit with shipping and handling charges ?

Maybe a bargain, or not.

Please read Shipping costs before BIN :twisted:

Oups

Dungeon Masters Guide | eBay

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:15 pm 

youffie404 wrote::?:

Wrong BIN or does the seller makes profit with shipping and handling charges ?

Maybe a bargain, or not.

Please read Shipping costs before BIN :twisted:

Oups

Dungeon Masters Guide | eBay

8O  8O  8O  8O WOW!

that is just their lame way of getting around e-bay's charges. THAT is not right and i do not like ppl who do that.

anyone who goes ahead and buys one of them is just a sheer fool!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 61 of 111123 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 109110111