Not-so-Recent Fun Finds
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 60 of 111123 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 109110111
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:40 pm 

Yes, I have now learned to keep my mouth shut for really big "fun finds" - but I think everything will work out . . .

Here is a little fun find . . . nothing much, but certainly worth the price of admission:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... T&rd=1

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:46 pm 

beyondthebreach wrote:Yes, I have now learned to keep my mouth shut for really big "fun finds" - but I think everything will work out . . .

Here is a little fun find . . . nothing much, but certainly worth the price of admission:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... T&rd=1

Dont take this the wrong way, but I dont get it.  Is it the MTG cards?  If it is, it would explain a lot, because I konw nothing about them. :roll:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:50 pm 

Immortals sets tend to be going for about what I paid for the lot.  Good deal for a Basic, Expert, Companion, Masters & Immortals.  Plus all the other stuff which isn't bad either.

Like I said . . . nothing much, but I figured it's the best I had under the fun finds (and not ethical questions) category.   :D

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:50 pm 

Aside, I picked these up:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

I really dont think I got any kind of a great deal or anything, but they are really cool.  Anyone know anything about them other than what is already obvious?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:51 pm 

The five sets of basic rules, I would think. I'd get in on that for $43 ... then again, I also bid on AD&D pogs, so what do I know?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:52 pm 

beyondthebreach wrote:Immortals sets tend to be going for about what I paid for the lot. Good deal for a Basic, Expert, Companion, Masters & Immortals. Plus all the other stuff which isn't bad either.

Like I said . . . nothing much, but I figured it's the best I had under the fun finds (and not ethical questions) category.  :D

True. :)   So much *foreign* material in there I thought I might be missing something really big. :wink:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:54 pm 

Nice to see the thread returning to normal..........
:)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:04 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Nice to see the thread returning to normal..........
:)

you call this normal?!

:D :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:54 am 

beasterbrook wrote:Dude that was me that negioated that dam it... well one of three by his post anyway... s$%$#^%$#6%^$%#

Brette:(

You're not the only one to have had wonderful finds pulled out from under you like a magican's tablecloth trick, Brette :D

Nice win Paul :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:13 pm 

Finally arrived. The basic set is in original shrink.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:49 pm 

bbarsh wrote:Finally arrived. The basic set is in original shrink.

CONGRATS!!! Good win there.

John

"Everyone is entitled to Al's opinion."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:14 pm 

seeyouinescrow wrote:BC strikes again...at least we had a chance on this one..it lasted nearly 45 mins!

D&D Book Lot: Dungeons & Dragons | eBay

Let me tell you, I got this package in the mail today and man was it worth it, 90% of it was in fantastic condition. About 5 or 6 modules have extensive writing in them(which beyond that the writing is very neat, clearly from an adult played game) & 2 or 3 of the harcovers are a little rough, but that is it. :D  This is most defintely the second best lot I have ever bought on EBay before(I think everyone already knows the 1st! :wink: ). :D :D :D

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:17 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
seeyouinescrow wrote:BC strikes again...at least we had a chance on this one..it lasted nearly 45 mins!

D&D Book Lot: Dungeons & Dragons | eBay

Let me tell you, I got this package in the mail today and man was it worth it, 90% was in fantastic condition. About 5 o5 6 modules have extensive writing in them(which beyond that the writing is very neat, clearly from an adult played game) & a 2 or 3 harcovers are a little rough, but that is it. :D  This is most defintely the second best lot I have ever bought on EBay before(I think everyone already knows the 1st! :wink: ). :D :D :D

No...what was the first?

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:19 pm 

Marlith wrote:
bclarkie wrote:

Let me tell you, I got this package in the mail today and man was it worth it, 90% was in fantastic condition. About 5 o5 6 modules have extensive writing in them(which beyond that the writing is very neat, clearly from an adult played game) & a 2 or 3 harcovers are a little rough, but that is it. :D This is most defintely the second best lot I have ever bought on EBay before(I think everyone already knows the 1st! :wink: ). :D :D :D

No...what was the first?

Back in May, I picked up R1-4, RPGA 2-4, Beastmaker Mountain and some other JG stuff for $250. :wink:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:30 pm 

Oh and I forgot, Polyhedrons 10-22 were in there as well. :P

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:46 pm 

Can you actually have ebay send you instant notification emails for a specified D&D searches with the word 'lot' in it.....for BIN listings?  :wink:

"before chuck even gets in the room, you can feel the bad-ness." -Al

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:10 am 

bclarkie wrote:

D D collection books modules other lots of vintage | eBay

Let me tell you, I got this package in the mail today and man was it worth it, 90% of it was in fantastic condition. About 5 or 6 modules have extensive writing in them(which beyond that the writing is very neat, clearly from an adult played game) & 2 or 3 of the harcovers are a little rough, but that is it. :D This is most defintely the second best lot I have ever bought on EBay before(I think everyone already knows the 1st! :wink: ). :D :D :D

Bid on that one myself (cseyferth), but stopped at $15.  I think I may have had to work when it ended... :(

YIM  

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:50 am 

I was surprised this one didnt go higher

Anyone else?

Do you think it would have gone higher if they showed the other side of the folder?

Mike

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 60 of 111123 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 109110111