GenCon Indy 2008
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:43 pm 

i plan to fly home monday lunch-time, same as i did last time. seemed to work pretty well, so i will just do that again methinks.

that way, we can also game on sunday, when the place clears up some too. i want my game to be fun anyway, as i dont really like too much seriousness as the guys will tell you.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:24 pm 

killjoy32 wrote: i will bring my trusty fiend folio with me. thats pretty much it.

Ah, the Brits and their beloved Fiend Folio ...  :)

(Kidding! I like it, too! Mostly ...)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:14 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:Ah, the Brits and their beloved Fiend Folio ...  :)

(Kidding! I like it, too! Mostly ...)

i have some lovely lil gems in there i like to utilise. a monster is only as good as you play it imo. fiend folio has some crackers...

but to each their own. i never leave home without it...actually i do but you know what i mean :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:46 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
i have some lovely lil gems in there i like to utilise. a monster is only as good as you play it imo. fiend folio has some crackers...

but to each their own. i never leave home without it...actually i do but you know what i mean :D

Al

If you are going to have an Enveloper (page 34) grab my character, I'm not even coming to Gencon!!!!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:51 pm 

Damn you guys for making me even more pissed I can't go, again. Just don't tell me what you got at the auctions (well, go ahead, but I won't read it...)

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:26 am 

serl - you gotta go man. youre only like <------> that far on the map - you could walk it :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:02 am 

Hey Mike,

I can see it now: one sneaks up on your character, and from then on you call them all "cuddles" and have a big plush one made especially.

8O  :lol:

Hold a character for me AL !!! Plans are afoot, or shaping up at this stage........

"Don't tempt me, I can resist anything but temptation"

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:25 am 

AdderMcOne wrote:Hey Mike,

I can see it now: one sneaks up on your character, and from then on you call them all "cuddles" and have a big plush one made especially.

8O  :lol:

Hold a character for me AL !!! Plans are afoot, or shaping up at this stage........

sounds great chummer! really hope you can get there! i am just paying my card (sheesh) and then gonna sort flights this weekend.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:16 pm 

For Americans this Gencon could be one of the best.  According to CNN the stimulous package being put together in Washington DC means checks to those of us making less than $75,000 (single) will receive a $600 check and less than $150,000 (married) will get $1,200.  Checks should reach us by June.  

I know that I will use a fair portion if not all of it for Gencon.  I'm figuring many others will do as well.  I'm hoping that those of you sitting on the fence as to whether or not to come to Gencon 2008 will decide to come, seeing as you will be getting a little infusion of money to help with the expenses.

Martin

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:46 pm 

Prufrock wrote:For Americans this Gencon could be one of the best.  According to CNN the stimulous package being put together in Washington DC means checks to those of us making less than $75,000 (single) will receive a $600 check and less than $150,000 (married) will get $1,200.  Checks should reach us by June.  

I know that I will use a fair portion if not all of it for Gencon.  I'm figuring many others will do as well.  I'm hoping that those of you sitting on the fence as to whether or not to come to Gencon 2008 will decide to come, seeing as you will be getting a little infusion of money to help with the expenses.

Martin

Double that, and it MIGHT put a dent in the gas money to get to Indy!!!

All kidding aside, it looks like a banner year for the Aceaum at Gencon.  Like last year we definitely should plan a Aceaum dinner one night...last year we met Friday night at a Irish pub/restaurant.  I think it was myself, Al, Prufrock, Kingofpain, Burntwire bros, Stratochamp, and Blackmoor.  Tim Kask also made an appearance....lots of fun.  If we get half the people who say they are going to show up there this year, we'll need a bigger place!!!

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:02 pm 

I'll probably get booed if I go to Indy, but I'm going to see if I can swing it.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:16 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:I'll probably get booed if I go to Indy, but I'm going to see if I can swing it.

Nah...if anything it will be even more fun.  :twisted:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:29 pm 

Badmike wrote:
Double that, and it MIGHT put a dent in the gas money to get to Indy!!!

All kidding aside, it looks like a banner year for the Aceaum at Gencon.  Like last year we definitely should plan a Aceaum dinner one night...last year we met Friday night at a Irish pub/restaurant.  I think it was myself, Al, Prufrock, Kingofpain, Burntwire bros, Stratochamp, and Blackmoor.  Tim Kask also made an appearance....lots of fun.  If we get half the people who say they are going to show up there this year, we'll need a bigger place!!!

Mike B.

Well if everyone will be getting an extra $600 - $1200 we can splurge for Ruth's Chris or Shula's.  Who needs an extra woodgrain?  :wink:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:14 am 

my wife susan and i will be there, wouldn`t miss it for anything. since i  think everybody else has been picked i guess i`ll play the paladin al. if we are really going to have a big acaeum get together, we might consider bringing some of our more interesting items to the show (the burntwire brothers have been kind enough to bring some of the their awesome art collection for instance).

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:54 pm 

I reversed two suites at the Embassy Suites in Indy already.  Haven't checked the other hotels yet, but the ES was getitng full already, with just king smoking/non-smoking suites left available (and penthouses, of course).

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:33 pm 

Hi All,

well, my flights are booked!

To New York, anyway  :D

Will have to sort either flights, or maybe even driving, from there.

Put us down for 3 ppl at the AM meal please! (me, the Missus and my friend Mark).  A place with either good beer (microbrewery) or wine would be preferable please  :lol:  )

Still no sign of the stall booking, but hopefully soon!

Cheers,
Malc

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:55 pm 

lawrenson wrote:Still no sign of the stall booking, but hopefully soon!

I noticed that too, Malcolm, and pinged GenCon again; Megan advised on 22 January that they were still waiting for approval....

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:38 pm 

lawrenson wrote:Put us down for 3 ppl at the AM meal please!

Hey Malc....glad to see you are going to be there.  You can always eat breakfast with Al, Badmike, Prufrock, and I.  We ate every breakfast at the Red Eye while we were there.  We never had to wait for a table, the food is superb, and the portions are generous.  Al and Badmike ate the same thing every time we went there.  Omelettes for Al and bacon cheeseburgers for Mike.  8O   They have some damn good biscuits and gravy too.

PreviousNext