Just found a cheap copy of The Jade Hare
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:43 pm 

Hey I Was just at a used book store buying some old Gamma World Modules and what did I see but a copy of the Jade hare sitting there for $5.00.  I took the stuff up to the counter and the guy added up the total and threw in the Jade Hare module for free  :lol:  :lol: because I was buying some old stock.

What a great day :P

Good luck in your seaches

Jeff (blackmoor)

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 7:36 pm 

That is the kind of story that makes a collector smile. It is encouraging to know those kind of finds are still out there. Congrats :D

-Curt

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 2:49 am 

*sigh* the store that I used to have some pretty good finds at, Barbarian Bookshop in Wheaton, MD, sold all their RPG stuff to an eBay reseller (but not until LONG after I'd picked out most of the great stuff from their stock, 60% of what was left was White Wolf stuff that was only 2-4 years old).  Some of the best:  Dungeons 1-30 for about $60 ($2 each), Castle Greyhawk for $5, Dragonlance and Forgotten Realms Atlas for $7, and a few more.  Best deal I ever got on anything in any of the stuff I collect was a rare Cocteau Twins CD singles boxset for $15 (while it was going for $200+ on eBay).
Now, if I can just stumble on "Up the Garden Path" like that...  of course, you Brits are MUCH more likely to have that happen...