Silliest auction price of 2004-2005 announced!
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 47 of 107123 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 105106107
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:10 pm 

I still look for the more interesing items around christmas i picked as box set of tractics for about 20 bucks + recently there was a panzer warfare that came up that i wanted but i had no money to pick it up.   but the market is quing in on what is selling well like Planescape certion minies grayhawk  which hurts those of us who mught like the odd and different

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:27 pm 

Best chemical ebay sale EVAR

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 80201&rd=1

There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:30 pm 

MrFilthyIke wrote:Best chemical ebay sale EVAR

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 80201&rd=1

Yea, I am sure someone is going to be paying over $13,000.00 for a bottle of water. Right....... Nothing like over a $100.00 Ebay fee to be a d*ckhead.  :roll:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:33 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Yea, I am sure someone is going to be paying over $13,000.00 for a bottle of water. Right.......

No my friend, water is not included.

That's DEHYDRATED Dihydrogen Monoxide...just add water.  :lol:

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:19 pm 

MrFilthyIke wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Yea, I am sure someone is going to be paying over $13,000.00 for a bottle of water. Right.......

No my friend, water is not included.

That's DEHYDRATED Dihydrogen Monoxide...just add water. :lol:

Plus it's clearly an outrageous lie.  :roll: That container isn't sealed well, so I'm sure some dihydrogen monoxide has leaked inside by now from the ambient air and will probably condense shortly, ruining the existing contents and opening the floodgates of Hell, too.

YIM  

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:42 pm 

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... T&rd=1

I was content to just bid on the top one considering bclarkie was biding the the one below, but holy shit don't think I could justify 31 bucks on this when two were available.

~jeff

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:48 pm 

GamersRest[FNG] wrote:cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... T&rd=1

I was content to just bid on the top one considering bclarkie was biding the the one below, but holy shit don't think I could justify 31 bucks on this when two were available.

~jeff

Yea, after I lost the first to that bidders "snipe"(well not much of one with 25 seconds left), I figured he was going to be bidding them all up, so I steadily increased my bids on the later auctions with no intention of winning at all.  I was just trying to jack up his bids. :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:   I recognized that a$$ hole from all of his ridiculous Dragon Magazine bids over the last few weeks with that other moron quiltmom. Between him and quiltmom, I don't know who is dumber.  :roll:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:51 pm 

Oh, and add this one to the list. cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 5&rd=1

Guy just spent like $120.00 on 5 SR's 8O

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:27 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:Plus it's clearly an outrageous lie. :roll: That container isn't sealed well, so I'm sure some dihydrogen monoxide has leaked inside by now from the ambient air and will probably condense shortly, ruining the existing contents and opening the floodgates of Hell, too.

Very true, check out the the Dangers of DHMO Information Site.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:11 am 

Now here is somebody who desrves to get a neg or 20. :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  Some other D*ck Head trying to sell "old D&D ads":

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 7&rd=1

Geez, what bargain for only a $24.95 openeing bid. :roll:  I guess its back to cutting up all my old Dragon Magazines and selling them page by page for $24.95 a piece. 8O

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:16 am 

WTF?!?!?!?  8O

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:36 am 

bclarkie wrote:Oh, and add this one to the list. cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 5&rd=1
Guy just spent like $120.00 on 5 SR's 8O

:? OK, please help me to understand your logic with this situation.

What is so ridiculous about that? :?

The Acaeum's periodical section lists Mint copies of Issues 2-6 at $28 per copy, Issue 1 at $35 and Issue 7 at $30.

http://www.acaeum.com/DDIndexes/Periodicals/Dragon.html

Let me add those up using my simpleton mathematics... lets see now.... I get $120 for 5 SR's works out to $25 each.......

Perhaps I am simply simpler than even I thought, but I fail to see how it is that those bids are so 'simply ridiculous'.

Especially when I see my fellow members of the Acaeum freely bidding (On a daily basis mind you) 15% (or higher) above the Acaeum's highest listed value, on less than mint copies of other TSR rares and other PRG rares. And when those bidders win with those items with those seemingly ridiculously high bids, other Acaeum members are swift to express congrats and outright envy of the winning bidder in abundance on this very same forum......

So, my reply to this topic of too high a price for those specific SR's is What are YOU talking about???!!!!

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:06 am 

Well, Thanks for the nice standoffish post Aneoth, I appreciate it. :roll: Granted, I did not place this in this thread originally, I simply followed up to the post. I do not think that these are the silliest auction prices of the year, but it is high. Once again the Acaeum gets quoted as verbatum. Let me remind you that according to the data listed on the site, those prices are as of 1999, just a little out of date for my tastes. Considering the fact that I have seen many of those go for less than $15.00 over the last 6 months is what I was basing my estimates on. Sorry, I prefer to base my estimates on my more recent data. BTW, those SR's were not mint.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:33 am 

Just to follow up Aneoth, if that price was so great, How come I didn't see your name there bidding on them. :?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:05 am 

Okay, here's one for ya:

City State of the World Emperor going currently for $51. Which wouldn't raise my eyebrows usually... EXCEPT! It's missing the Map 6 book and the cover, and the condition of the two other books is definitely not mint (rips, lots of wear, pencil notations, etc.). $51 is too much for this item.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:48 am 

When I made my post, the part that I thought was silly was that the same seller had listed two of the same item (and even used the same pic for them) and that there was what a difference of like 17 bucks between the two?

Niether issue I pointed out was mint, and it is possible he got a good price for them, it was more than a little odd that the one that ended first went for more than the later auction (but I admit this is not the first time I have seen this happen).

Anyway I thought the difference in the ending price was humorous, that's all.

~jeff

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:14 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Just to follow up Aneoth, if that price was so great, How come I didn't see your name there bidding on them. :?

First, I did not intend to single you out, and it totally was unfair of me to appear to single you out. Sorry for that. :oops:

Second: I obviously did not read the posts with full understanding, so I appolgize there as well.

As for why I did not bid on those specific SR's. That is because I did not see the listings. Contrary to popular belief, I do not spend all of my spare time cruising the RPG listings on E-Bay.

Also, I have at least two copies of each issue of the SR except Issue 2 (I think it is Issue 2, that i have only one of).

BTW: I would gladly pay $25-$30 for a mint copy of that issue, and I would pay around that amount (More or less) for mint copies of any of the other issues as well. Just point me towards the listing(s) and I will be there to the bitter end. 8)

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:36 pm 

Aneoth wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Just to follow up Aneoth, if that price was so great, How come I didn't see your name there bidding on them. :?

First, I did not intend to single you out, and it totally was unfair of me to appear to single you out. Sorry for that. :oops:

Second: I obviously did not read the posts with full understanding, so I appolgize there as well.

As for why I did not bid on those specific SR's. That is because I did not see the listings. Contrary to popular belief, I do not spend all of my spare time cruising the RPG listings on E-Bay.

Also, I have at least two copies of each issue of the SR except Issue 2 (I think it is Issue 2, that i have only one of).

BTW: I would gladly pay $25-$30 for a mint copy of that issue, and I would pay around that amount (More or less) for mint copies of any of the other issues as well. Just point me towards the listing(s) and I will be there to the bitter end. 8)

Aneoth, fair enough and I appreciate the fact that you clarified your comments. I would like apologize as well for my rather abrupt response to your post.  It did seem to me that you were singling me out in your post, and in turn I reacted harshly, which I should not have done.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 47 of 107123 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 105106107