Silliest auction price of 2004-2005 announced!
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 46 of 107123 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 105106107
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:17 pm 

I hope the money from that auction goes towards some English courses.  :roll:

There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:00 pm 

Aneoth wrote:From the kitty store.

cougarrinard has this Cthulhu book up and he is getting a mint for it....

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 0&rd=1

Cthulhu with sticky PLASTIC film on the cover............... 8O 8O 8O 8O
28 Pounds Sterling ($52.51 US Bucks) with 14 hours left.

Better bid now, or you will miss your chance.

I need to buy some of that plastic film so I can get this kind of smack for my copies of Cthulhu too. :wink:

Some people are simply crrrrrazyyyyyyy :roll:
The only thing more crazy than the description vs. condition is that people are throwing that kind of cash at it!!!! 8O  8O  8O Guess you could remove the plastic..er...and the cover to boot!!!

May Eru's light shine upon you always.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:55 am 

i bought a whole bunch of the cthulhu deities in varing condition ranging from 16 to about 30 ++  :D  :o  now they are reaching over 80 what a return for three or so months

jeff

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:10 pm 

ya I have a bunch as well..... I've sold a couple got 80-100 per for the better condition ones.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:14 pm 

What about the fact that the bidding went to $60.00 and the  reserve wasn't even met for the auction.  :roll:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:19 pm 

jhstissot wrote:i bought a whole bunch of the cthulhu deities in varing condition ranging from 16 to about 30 ++ :D :o now they are reaching over 80 what a return for three or so months
jeff

Nice copies were selling at $100+ a few years back; prior to the eBay explosion.

As with the OCEs is showing cyclic tendencies, perhaps.
At the highest prices, there simply aren't enough buyers /on eBay/, although there may be other people IRL who would be willing to pay such a price through private sales lists.
Would be interesting to see whether it's possible to spot tendencies (on the falling cycle) at which resellers and/or horders begin to step back in, in force, which slowly arrests then rebounds the market (sometimes a bit too rapidly).
This might only apply to some degree to high-popularity/visibility items for which there is a ready supply (Cthulhoid D&DGs and OCEs seem ideal in that regard).
Trying to draw a straight line through historical realisations on a short term basis is perhaps an exercise in futility for those.

=
Anyhow; buying good copies when they hit as low as $25-30 would appear to be almost risk-free, if so.
So long as they're not "GOOD CONDITION AS PLASTIC COVERED". :roll: (*eeps*; $58 and still unsold).

jm-02 cents observations, anyhow.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:27 pm 

the one thing i have noticed with both the dieties and the oce is that there are multiple copies being sent auction almost on a weekly basis.  right now it is a suppily and demand issue every time there is a good price over 40 for dieties and over 100 for the oce you get people suppiling them to ebay.   it is also a good that both these items stay at these prices i think this is a good time to be combing ebay as well as yard sales etc.  prices will start to increase albeit slowly that seems to where we are going.      

jeff

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:40 pm 

jhstissot wrote:the one thing i have noticed with both the dieties and the oce is that there are multiple copies being sent auction almost on a weekly basis. right now it is a suppily and demand issue every time there is a good price over 40 for dieties and over 100 for the oce you get people suppiling them to ebay.

*nods*. And "popularity" definitely helps.
They always seem to rebound, if the overall hobby has any vitality left in it at all.

The worry is, perhaps, for those rarer and/or less "popular"/"interesting" items.

If they fall out at the bottom of a cycle (either individually or as a particular company's product), few people are likely to want to sell their items if they're uncommon, if it's likely they will sell for a pittance.
(And yet, such items may still command a decent price in non-time-limited private sales).

For example, that original "M" Modron issue, perhaps.

jhstissot wrote:it is also a good that both these items stay at these prices i think this is a good time to be combing ebay as well as yard sales etc. prices will start to increase albeit slowly that seems to where we are going.

*nods*. I think so, too. (now those people who trade on eBay have readjusted to that).
Especially for OCEs; regardless of condition, it would appear. But it's still a very difficult longer-term trend to try to pin down.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:10 pm 

I still look for the more interesing items around christmas i picked as box set of tractics for about 20 bucks + recently there was a panzer warfare that came up that i wanted but i had no money to pick it up.   but the market is quing in on what is selling well like Planescape certion minies grayhawk  which hurts those of us who mught like the odd and different

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:27 pm 

Best chemical ebay sale EVAR

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 80201&rd=1

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:30 pm 

MrFilthyIke wrote:Best chemical ebay sale EVAR

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 80201&rd=1

Yea, I am sure someone is going to be paying over $13,000.00 for a bottle of water. Right....... Nothing like over a $100.00 Ebay fee to be a d*ckhead.  :roll:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:33 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Yea, I am sure someone is going to be paying over $13,000.00 for a bottle of water. Right.......

No my friend, water is not included.

That's DEHYDRATED Dihydrogen Monoxide...just add water.  :lol:

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:19 pm 

MrFilthyIke wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Yea, I am sure someone is going to be paying over $13,000.00 for a bottle of water. Right.......

No my friend, water is not included.

That's DEHYDRATED Dihydrogen Monoxide...just add water. :lol:

Plus it's clearly an outrageous lie.  :roll: That container isn't sealed well, so I'm sure some dihydrogen monoxide has leaked inside by now from the ambient air and will probably condense shortly, ruining the existing contents and opening the floodgates of Hell, too.

YIM  

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:42 pm 

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... T&rd=1

I was content to just bid on the top one considering bclarkie was biding the the one below, but holy shit don't think I could justify 31 bucks on this when two were available.

~jeff

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:48 pm 

GamersRest[FNG] wrote:cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... T&rd=1

I was content to just bid on the top one considering bclarkie was biding the the one below, but holy shit don't think I could justify 31 bucks on this when two were available.

~jeff

Yea, after I lost the first to that bidders "snipe"(well not much of one with 25 seconds left), I figured he was going to be bidding them all up, so I steadily increased my bids on the later auctions with no intention of winning at all.  I was just trying to jack up his bids. :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:   I recognized that a$$ hole from all of his ridiculous Dragon Magazine bids over the last few weeks with that other moron quiltmom. Between him and quiltmom, I don't know who is dumber.  :roll:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:51 pm 

Oh, and add this one to the list. cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 5&rd=1

Guy just spent like $120.00 on 5 SR's 8O

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:27 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:Plus it's clearly an outrageous lie. :roll: That container isn't sealed well, so I'm sure some dihydrogen monoxide has leaked inside by now from the ambient air and will probably condense shortly, ruining the existing contents and opening the floodgates of Hell, too.

Very true, check out the the Dangers of DHMO Information Site.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:11 am 

Now here is somebody who desrves to get a neg or 20. :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  Some other D*ck Head trying to sell "old D&D ads":

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 7&rd=1

Geez, what bargain for only a $24.95 openeing bid. :roll:  I guess its back to cutting up all my old Dragon Magazines and selling them page by page for $24.95 a piece. 8O

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 46 of 107123 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 105106107