Silliest auction price of 2004-2005 announced!
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 46 of 107123 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 105106107
Author

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:02 pm 
 

MrFilthyIke wrote:
Aneoth wrote:By then the sets will likely be going for 10 cents or so in Mint Condition sealed in the box (Which of course I do not have) :roll:


I doubt the Dragon CD will go that cheap ever, having them on disc would be handy.


i would love to get my hands on that dragon archive...always goes for tons tho and i lost out on bclarkie's a short time back.

sure there will be others...

Al



  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 5029
Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 16, 2017
Location: Texas

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:56 pm 
 

El Diablo Robotico wrote:This auction seems strange to me:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... T&rd=1

Especially when you consider that this one went completely untouched:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... T&rd=1

Am I missing something?!?


lol, I was interested in the one that was not bid on, so I asked the seller if she was going to re-list and if so, was she going to place a BIN on it.
She did relist with a BIN and I used it.

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... T&rd=1


"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 628
Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Last Visit: Mar 15, 2007
Location: Illinois

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:45 pm 
 

DUCK? lol

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 299
Joined: Jun 07, 2004
Last Visit: Aug 14, 2008
Location: OHIO

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:54 pm 
 

eBay.com Item Bid History


May Eru's light shine upon you always.

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:01 pm 
 

morgansurname wrote: eBay.com Item Bid History


Yeah, I saw that too. That bidder jpwankenobi has been involved in lots of stupid bidding action recently. :roll:


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 405
Joined: Feb 11, 2005
Last Visit: Aug 28, 2007
Location: Orlando, Fl

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:38 pm 
 

Well, it DOES appear to be in a good condition  :roll:


There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 5029
Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 16, 2017
Location: Texas

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:58 pm 
 

Yes, but at $89, I need to list the rest of mine. I still have six of them with the "forbidden Mythoi".  Yep that sure is some rare stuff, better get your copy while you still can.....
Before they get to $1000 each. :roll:


"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 232
Joined: Nov 16, 2004
Last Visit: Oct 30, 2017

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:01 pm 
 

Aneoth wrote:Yes, but at $89, I need to list the rest of mine. I still have six of them with the "forbidden Mythoi". Yep that sure is some rare stuff, better get your copy while you still can.....
Before they get to $1000 each. :roll:


I think I see the "problem" - it's listed as "AD&&D" - Advanced Dungeons and and Dragons.

The extra cash is going towards that extra "AND".  Y'see.

:?  :lol:

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 288
Joined: Feb 27, 2005
Last Visit: May 19, 2014
Location: San Diego, CA

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:20 pm 
 

Aneoth wrote:lol, I was interested in the one that was not bid on, so I asked the seller if she was going to re-list and if so, was she going to place a BIN on it.
She did relist with a BIN and I used it.

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... T&rd=1


You did almost exactly the same thing as I did. In fact, I suggested the $15 BIN price to her. You beat me to it. I was going to get to that this morning... rassinfrassin!

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 5029
Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 16, 2017
Location: Texas

Post Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:57 pm 
 

From the kitty store.

cougarrinard has this Cthulhu book up and he is getting a mint for it....

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 0&rd=1

Cthulhu with sticky PLASTIC film on the cover............... 8O 8O 8O 8O
28 Pounds Sterling ($52.51 US Bucks) with 14 hours left.

Better bid now, or you will miss your chance.

I need to buy some of that plastic film so I can get this kind of smack for my copies of Cthulhu too. :wink:

Some people are simply crrrrrazyyyyyyy :roll:


"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 405
Joined: Feb 11, 2005
Last Visit: Aug 28, 2007
Location: Orlando, Fl

Post Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:17 pm 
 

I hope the money from that auction goes towards some English courses.  :roll:


There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 299
Joined: Jun 07, 2004
Last Visit: Aug 14, 2008
Location: OHIO

Post Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:00 pm 
 

Aneoth wrote:From the kitty store.

cougarrinard has this Cthulhu book up and he is getting a mint for it....

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 0&rd=1

Cthulhu with sticky PLASTIC film on the cover............... 8O 8O 8O 8O
28 Pounds Sterling ($52.51 US Bucks) with 14 hours left.

Better bid now, or you will miss your chance.

I need to buy some of that plastic film so I can get this kind of smack for my copies of Cthulhu too. :wink:

Some people are simply crrrrrazyyyyyyy :roll:
The only thing more crazy than the description vs. condition is that people are throwing that kind of cash at it!!!! 8O  8O  8O Guess you could remove the plastic..er...and the cover to boot!!!


May Eru's light shine upon you always.

  


Active Collector

Posts: 40
Joined: Feb 04, 2005
Last Visit: Nov 20, 2007

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:55 am 
 

i bought a whole bunch of the cthulhu deities in varing condition ranging from 16 to about 30 ++  :D  :o  now they are reaching over 80 what a return for three or so months

jeff

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 628
Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Last Visit: Mar 15, 2007
Location: Illinois

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:10 pm 
 

ya I have a bunch as well..... I've sold a couple got 80-100 per for the better condition ones.

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:14 pm 
 

What about the fact that the bidding went to $60.00 and the  reserve wasn't even met for the auction.  :roll:


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:19 pm 
 

jhstissot wrote:i bought a whole bunch of the cthulhu deities in varing condition ranging from 16 to about 30 ++ :D :o now they are reaching over 80 what a return for three or so months
jeff

Nice copies were selling at $100+ a few years back; prior to the eBay explosion.

As with the OCEs is showing cyclic tendencies, perhaps.
*
At the highest prices, there simply aren't enough buyers /on eBay/, although there may be other people IRL who would be willing to pay such a price through private sales lists.
Would be interesting to see whether it's possible to spot tendencies (on the falling cycle) at which resellers and/or horders begin to step back in, in force, which slowly arrests then rebounds the market (sometimes a bit too rapidly).
*
This might only apply to some degree to high-popularity/visibility items for which there is a ready supply (Cthulhoid D&DGs and OCEs seem ideal in that regard).
Trying to draw a straight line through historical realisations on a short term basis is perhaps an exercise in futility for those.

=
Anyhow; buying good copies when they hit as low as $25-30 would appear to be almost risk-free, if so.
So long as they're not "GOOD CONDITION AS PLASTIC COVERED". :roll: (*eeps*; $58 and still unsold).

jm-02 cents observations, anyhow.

  


Active Collector

Posts: 40
Joined: Feb 04, 2005
Last Visit: Nov 20, 2007

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:27 pm 
 

the one thing i have noticed with both the dieties and the oce is that there are multiple copies being sent auction almost on a weekly basis.  right now it is a suppily and demand issue every time there is a good price over 40 for dieties and over 100 for the oce you get people suppiling them to ebay.   it is also a good that both these items stay at these prices i think this is a good time to be combing ebay as well as yard sales etc.  prices will start to increase albeit slowly that seems to where we are going.      

jeff

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:40 pm 
 

jhstissot wrote:the one thing i have noticed with both the dieties and the oce is that there are multiple copies being sent auction almost on a weekly basis. right now it is a suppily and demand issue every time there is a good price over 40 for dieties and over 100 for the oce you get people suppiling them to ebay.

*nods*. And "popularity" definitely helps.
They always seem to rebound, if the overall hobby has any vitality left in it at all.

The worry is, perhaps, for those rarer and/or less "popular"/"interesting" items.

If they fall out at the bottom of a cycle (either individually or as a particular company's product), few people are likely to want to sell their items if they're uncommon, if it's likely they will sell for a pittance.
(And yet, such items may still command a decent price in non-time-limited private sales).

For example, that original "M" Modron issue, perhaps.

jhstissot wrote:it is also a good that both these items stay at these prices i think this is a good time to be combing ebay as well as yard sales etc. prices will start to increase albeit slowly that seems to where we are going.

*nods*. I think so, too. (now those people who trade on eBay have readjusted to that).
Especially for OCEs; regardless of condition, it would appear. But it's still a very difficult longer-term trend to try to pin down.

  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 46 of 107123 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 105106107