Silliest auction price of 2004-2005 announced!
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 37 of 107123 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 105106107
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:56 pm 

Sorry to post one of my own autions. I just think its so funny people will pay this amount for these cards.
cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIte ... RK:MESE:IT

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:59 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Sorry to post one of my own autions. I just think its so funny people will pay this amount for these cards.

Must be the TSR history  :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:49 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Sorry to post one of my own autions. I just think its so funny people will pay this amount for these cards.

Sheesh...

Guess you're not complaining too much, Ian!?

Oh well, if the buyer's happy; and it's not a huge amount of money compared with some of the other silly prices which have been seen, in the past.
*shrugs*

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:11 am 

Ozzie G mods; $275
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5168174927

compared with $153.50 "first time" around,
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5937140505

Hrmm... There's logic in there, somewhere...

(actually managed to beat the $260 for the rather better Ds, too)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5937140476

===

Those mods with the fighting wheel I mentioned seemed rather high at $345, too.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5166569551
OK, would any of the non-feline high bidders here like to explain, please. I know they looked reasonably good, but couldn't see anything overly "special".

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:14 am 

harami2000 wrote:Those mods with the fighting wheel I mentioned seemed rather high at $345, too.
OK, would any of the non-feline high bidders here like to explain, please. I know they looked reasonably good, but couldn't see anything overly "special".

This Non-Feline bidder stopped at $153 on that Auction, but I was planning on going much higher. Maybe up to $200 plus, but not $345....

I started bidding mostly as I like the fighting wheels (I already have one, but it is SW, and I will not open it, so I have been looking for one to examine and mess with) and all of the modules looked to be in Exc - Mint condition, and many of them I do not have.

My high bid was truly a paltry sum considering the final winning bid. Once it got past what I was thinking of going up to, I just sat back in awe....

FWIW: The last SW fighting wheel I saw went for about my high bid on that auction by itself... leaving only a couple of hundred for all those nice mods....

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:39 am 

harami2000 wrote:

I had my eye on that auction the whole time and was considering like a $225 snipe plus shipping cost, because I wanted the fighting wheel and nothing else. I put price a on the fighting wheel at about $40-$50 which would have put about a $180 bid for the 32 modules($6 per)  that I would have split up and sold individually.  However, after it broke the  $225 barrier I was out, way out.  Considering the fact that most of the modules in that lot are pretty common, and 2 of them are just throwaways  (X1 & B2 regardless of their condition, both sell for next to nothing) there is just no way I could get value back on that by splitting it up and selling it.  From a selling stand point there is no way you could really expect to get more than an average $6-$7 per module on a lot like that, so unless you have a hell of a lot more use for that lot supplementing your own collection than I do (triplicates? I am set :wink: ) I cant justify going anywhere over $225.  Even still, if you take a very high end value on the fighting wheel, say $75.00, that gives you an auction total of $270 plus shipping for 30 modules.  $9.00 a module, no thanks, I'll pass  8O

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:50 am 

i think i bid up to about $245 on that lot....was gonna put one more bid back on when i checked back after being told i had been outbid, but when i saw it had gone way beyond $250 (which was pretty much my target), i jibbed it. i only wanted the fighting wheel too, as i havent got one and would have just sold on the rest of the mods to part finance what i paid.

ne'mind - another will come along :)

bclarkie wrote:
harami2000 wrote:

I had my eye on that auction the whole time and was considering like a $225 snipe plus shipping cost, because I wanted the fighting wheel and nothing else. I put price a on the fighting wheel at about $40-$50 which would have put about a $180 bid for the 32 modules($6 per) that I would have split up and sold individually. However, after it broke the $225 barrier I was out, way out. Considering the fact that most of the modules in that lot are pretty common, and 2 of them are just throwaways (X1 & B2 regardless of their condition, both sell for next to nothing) there is just no way I could get value back on that by splitting it up and selling it. From a selling stand point there is no way you could really expect to get more than an average $6-$7 per module on a lot like that, so unless you have a hell of a lot more use for that lot supplementing your own collection than I do (triplicates? I am set :wink: ) I cant justify going anywhere over $225. Even still, if you take a very high end value on the fighting wheel, say $75.00, that gives you an auction total of $270 plus shipping for 30 modules. $9.00 a module, no thanks, I'll pass 8O

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:43 pm 

Dungeon Game for D&D

In seperate Auctions this seller is listing a Seperate Portion of this game (That might sell as a whole game for $15)

Rules in this one,

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 5&rd=1

Spell cards here,

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 0&rd=1

25 Dead Monster Counters here,

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 1&rd=1

there are many more listings for various pieces of this game as well. Too many for me to list here during lunch...

I bought a more complete version of this game not long ago and this past weekend my grandson and I played it. It was actually not bad a tall. He is 8 and understood enough that it was fun for both of us. We tied (lol). But one thing I will say is that Several pieces were missing here and there, I had to make due in some places and be creative at others.

After playing that day, I actually got on line and would have bid on another (if I had seen one) just to make a more complete single game set and kept the rest for future lost items.

Hmmmm... :idea:  perhaps I should bid on some of this stuff.......?? :)

Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:03 pm 

Here is a complete Dungeon Game currently listed at 5, plus about 7 for shipping.

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 5&rd=1

I saw another one listed at 24.95 Complete and in mint condition.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:09 am 

$5 BIN? You wonder how can that be laughable? Check the item:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 99542&rd=1

:roll:

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:30 am 

Ralf Toth wrote:$5 BIN? You wonder how can that be laughable? Check the item:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 99542&rd=1

only in America :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:23 am 

God Bless America ;)

There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:58 am 

MrFilthyIke wrote:God Bless America ;)

you think?

sorry, i can't help but think the blessing was misplaced (not entirely mind - there are some glimmers of hope here and there :) )

mind you, bloody UK isn't that much better either.

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:01 am 

killjoy32 wrote: (not entirely mind - there are some glimmers of hope here and there :) )

Hope in maybe 4 more years, but don't get me started on that discussion  :wink:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:11 am 

bclarkie wrote:
killjoy32 wrote: (not entirely mind - there are some glimmers of hope here and there :) )

Hope in maybe 4 more years, but don't get me started on that discussion :wink:

oh believe me i know EXACTLY how you feel....the sooner the UK gets rid of that melon we have in office, this country might just have a chance for once....but then, as is the usual way here, most ppl don't care, so another muppet will just end up taking his place and it will be just as bad as before.

*sigh* ne'mind

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:15 am 

bclarkie wrote:

Don't you love living in PA?  Such a nice shade of blue. :D

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:23 am 

afoolandhis$ wrote:
bclarkie wrote:

Don't you love living in PA? Such a nice shade of blue. :D

Yes :wink:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:47 am 

afoolandhis$ wrote:Don't you love living in PA? Such a nice shade of blue. :D

Florida's a very red state, and is run by the lesser.  :roll:

There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 37 of 107123 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 105106107