Silliest auction price of 2004-2005 announced!
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 37 of 107123 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 105106107
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:36 pm 

Very silly, 5+ days to go.

The OCE books that went with that other supplement.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 5168143452

$52 makes uiraimu's "traditionally handcolored" version look like a bargain (it's back up again, too).

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:53 pm 

harami2000 wrote:Very silly, 5+ days to go.

The OCE books that went with that other supplement.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 5168143452

$52 makes uiraimu's "traditionally handcolored" version look like a bargain (it's back up again, too).

When looking at books like that, it just has to make you wonder,"what the hell do these people do with these books anyway?".  8O

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:40 pm 

harami2000 wrote:

Definitely; and although they don't usually go for much, am surprised my flag-waving didn't push aneoth to his $20+ limit. (Apologies, but was worth mentioning, IMO).

No slight felt.

FWIW: I would bid $14.50 (And perhaps $20+) on a nice SR #1 all day long and tomorrow too.... In fact, as you know, I have done so on several occasions ....

I also scored (from the same seller) a nice copy of Dragon #8.
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... RK:MEWN:IT
I did not have one before, and together they will cost about what either one of them might at another time.
I have seen more than one SR #1 go for over $30 in the past.... and certainly early Dragons too.

As an aside, it seems to me that MANY early Dragons are being listed on E-Bay this past couple of months..... :D

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:57 pm 

Here is a rather interesting auction opening bid:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 1&rd=1

Just think all, this is your opportuinty to own every 3ed book ever produced  :roll:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:28 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Here is a rather interesting auction opening bid:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 1&rd=1

Just think all, this is your opportuinty to own every 3ed book ever produced :roll:

If only it were every copy of every 3ed book ever produced, I'd go for it even at that price.  Would make one hell of a ritual bonfire... :twisted:

YIM  

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:32 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:If only it were every copy of every 3ed book ever produced, I'd go for it even at that price. Would make one hell of a ritual bonfire... :twisted:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Heh, heh; and I've never even played 3e...

*runs away*

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:31 am 

Not quite D&D - but still TSR:

cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a ... 7&rd=1

I know it's a couple of newbies bidding this one up, but I don't remember ever seeing a Star Frontiers module go for this much.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:15 am 

I don't think this is necessarily silly from a regular buyer/collector just starting out perspective, but I just can't gather why our furry friend has such a hard-on for this one:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... RK:MEWA:IT

I mean granted there are a couple shrinks(AC7 & I5) in there and a Baltron's Beacon, but still $322.00?! 8O As a reseller, especially from the UK and looking at a pretty substantial shipping cost, I just do not see how he could make a profit if he won that auction for that price & split it up. :?
I don't know, maybe its the high value Rub Down Transfers :D

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:48 am 

bclarkie wrote:I don't think this is necessarily silly from a regular buyer/collector just starting out perspective, but I just can't gather why our furry friend has such a hard-on for this one:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... RK:MEWA:IT

Sometimes he just likes to see other people suffer, I think, if he can't get his way.

Had noted a few other auctions like that in the past; not one of which he ended up as highest bidder for.

Think kitty "playing" with mice, perhaps...

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:27 am 

Not the silliest price but posting as a reply to the "playing with mice" message. I guess I am the mouse in this case. I started off just wanting to see some of these other publishers products and it is easier to buy cheap in a big lot where there are a few represented rather than buying one at a time and paying $5+ shipping on each. Now Cougar seems determined to not let me have these and I am fighting the urge to win no matter the cost. Not knowing these products is there something valueable I am missing or is it him just being a jerk as I can not see where there is money to made after the cost of shipping overseas?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEBI:IT

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:36 am 

Marlith wrote:Not the silliest price but posting as a reply to the "playing with mice" message. I guess I am the mouse in this case. I started off just wanting to see some of these other publishers products and it is easier to buy cheap in a big lot where there are a few represented rather than buying one at a time and paying $5+ shipping on each. Now Cougar seems determined to not let me have these and I am fighting the urge to win no matter the cost. Not knowing these products is there something valueable I am missing or is it him just being a jerk as I can not see where there is money to made after the cost of shipping overseas?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEBI:IT

Well, I am not sure as to actual value of any of these items, but being that they are 3rd ed. I would imagine at least at this point, that nothing would be overly valuable. With that being said though, there is 14 items in that lot, so you are still only looking at $3.00 per book plus shipping which isn't too bad anyway. Of course if you don't want them that badly and want to make it hurt him as bad as possible, remember our furry friend almost always bids in $11.00 increments particularly on large lots and high value items. :wink:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:01 pm 

Marlith wrote: Now Cougar seems determined to not let me have these and I am fighting the urge to win no matter the cost.

BTW, don't let his "ROYAL PUSHINESS" get to you, and cause you get to do something rash.  If you give in to him that way, the only person who really loses is you. I do get the sneaking suspicion the furball himself, has set his designs on cornering the market for more than just H1 now. I get the feeling that he is trying to buy as much stuff as possible, and anything that he can't win, that he is attempting to drive up prices to the maximum, so that we he auctions his items out it, it will increase the prices based on the new perceived value  :roll: .  This is of course supported by his claim to BTB listed in an earlier post
beyondthebreach wrote:While I do sort of understand your reasons, I can see no advantage in
blocking one of the (and soon to be the) biggest D&D traders on Ebay.

It is really kind of like an indirect shill when you think about it.  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:56 pm 

Sorry to post one of my own autions. I just think its so funny people will pay this amount for these cards.
cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIte ... RK:MESE:IT

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:59 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Sorry to post one of my own autions. I just think its so funny people will pay this amount for these cards.

Must be the TSR history  :wink:

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:49 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Sorry to post one of my own autions. I just think its so funny people will pay this amount for these cards.

Sheesh...

Guess you're not complaining too much, Ian!?

Oh well, if the buyer's happy; and it's not a huge amount of money compared with some of the other silly prices which have been seen, in the past.
*shrugs*

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:11 am 

Ozzie G mods; $275
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5168174927

compared with $153.50 "first time" around,
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5937140505

Hrmm... There's logic in there, somewhere...

(actually managed to beat the $260 for the rather better Ds, too)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5937140476

===

Those mods with the fighting wheel I mentioned seemed rather high at $345, too.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5166569551
OK, would any of the non-feline high bidders here like to explain, please. I know they looked reasonably good, but couldn't see anything overly "special".

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:14 am 

harami2000 wrote:Those mods with the fighting wheel I mentioned seemed rather high at $345, too.
OK, would any of the non-feline high bidders here like to explain, please. I know they looked reasonably good, but couldn't see anything overly "special".

This Non-Feline bidder stopped at $153 on that Auction, but I was planning on going much higher. Maybe up to $200 plus, but not $345....

I started bidding mostly as I like the fighting wheels (I already have one, but it is SW, and I will not open it, so I have been looking for one to examine and mess with) and all of the modules looked to be in Exc - Mint condition, and many of them I do not have.

My high bid was truly a paltry sum considering the final winning bid. Once it got past what I was thinking of going up to, I just sat back in awe....

FWIW: The last SW fighting wheel I saw went for about my high bid on that auction by itself... leaving only a couple of hundred for all those nice mods....

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:39 am 

harami2000 wrote:
Those mods with the fighting wheel I mentioned seemed rather high at $345, too.

I had my eye on that auction the whole time and was considering like a $225 snipe plus shipping cost, because I wanted the fighting wheel and nothing else. I put price a on the fighting wheel at about $40-$50 which would have put about a $180 bid for the 32 modules($6 per)  that I would have split up and sold individually.  However, after it broke the  $225 barrier I was out, way out.  Considering the fact that most of the modules in that lot are pretty common, and 2 of them are just throwaways  (X1 & B2 regardless of their condition, both sell for next to nothing) there is just no way I could get value back on that by splitting it up and selling it.  From a selling stand point there is no way you could really expect to get more than an average $6-$7 per module on a lot like that, so unless you have a hell of a lot more use for that lot supplementing your own collection than I do (triplicates? I am set :wink: ) I cant justify going anywhere over $225.  Even still, if you take a very high end value on the fighting wheel, say $75.00, that gives you an auction total of $270 plus shipping for 30 modules.  $9.00 a module, no thanks, I'll pass  8O

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 37 of 107123 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 105106107