Silliest auction price of 2004-2005 announced!
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 36 of 107123 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 105106107
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:30 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:How about sending me a copy of that PDF, I would use it in my game.

It's freely available on the WoTC download pages under the Dragon Magazine Archive Errata. It was in Dragon Magazine 142 but they forgot to put in on the CDs.

If people can't find it, and seeing as it's freely available from WoTC, I'm sure I wouldn't be doing anythin illegal if I made it available online.

If someone can find the link, post it here, otherwise I'll check back and upload it somewhere.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:36 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
Blackmoor wrote:How about sending me a copy of that PDF, I would use it in my game.

It's freely available on the WoTC download pages under the Dragon Magazine Archive Errata. It was in Dragon Magazine 142 but they forgot to put in on the CDs.

If people can't find it, and seeing as it's freely available from WoTC, I'm sure I wouldn't be doing anythin illegal if I made it available online.

If someone can find the link, post it here, otherwise I'll check back and upload it somewhere.

In this case, I'm sure WoTC doesn't care, but in general, be careful.  Many copyright licenses do not include the right to redistribute. (Even if it's free, they might want to force people to look at advertisements, for example.  Horrible but true.)

YIM  

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:16 am 

The missing inserts for the Dragon Magazine Archive:
Wizards of the Coast - Electronic Media

The Deck of Many Things, from issue 148. (7.0mb)

BJS

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:13 pm 

More OCE madness 8O Bear in mind there is still almost 2 full days left :

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 3&rd=1

If this keeps up I may have to sell the one I own and buy another one later on after the prices recede from this lunacy....

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:44 pm 

Oops; was digging out the other thread and typing elsewhere...
Amused me, too.

What, only one copy you've got? They must be rare!

(*runs out to stack up on the last few (thousand) sets at $200 each*)

=

Admittedly, out of all the printings I've got, the OCE might be the worst "best" copy. *jk*
(Albeit allowing for one shared woodgrain box, of course ;))

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 6:58 pm 

Bargain!

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIte ... RK:MEWA:IT

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:14 pm 

Definitely; and although they don't usually go for much, am surprised my flag-waving didn't push aneoth to his $20+ limit. (Apologies, but was worth mentioning, IMO).

Oh, and no surprise, they've just listed Dragon #1, 2, etc....
And another "Astounding Stories". *g*
But still no Coeurl... :cry:

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:51 pm 

1981 Dungeons & Dragons Basic Set 1 SEALED! TSR
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5955749924
Nice condition, yes, but $96 seems a "bit" steep. Four bidders over $75, too...

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:36 pm 

Very silly, 5+ days to go.

The OCE books that went with that other supplement.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 5168143452

$52 makes uiraimu's "traditionally handcolored" version look like a bargain (it's back up again, too).

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:53 pm 

harami2000 wrote:Very silly, 5+ days to go.

The OCE books that went with that other supplement.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 5168143452

$52 makes uiraimu's "traditionally handcolored" version look like a bargain (it's back up again, too).

When looking at books like that, it just has to make you wonder,"what the hell do these people do with these books anyway?".  8O

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:40 pm 

harami2000 wrote:

Definitely; and although they don't usually go for much, am surprised my flag-waving didn't push aneoth to his $20+ limit. (Apologies, but was worth mentioning, IMO).

No slight felt.

FWIW: I would bid $14.50 (And perhaps $20+) on a nice SR #1 all day long and tomorrow too.... In fact, as you know, I have done so on several occasions ....

I also scored (from the same seller) a nice copy of Dragon #8.
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... RK:MEWN:IT
I did not have one before, and together they will cost about what either one of them might at another time.
I have seen more than one SR #1 go for over $30 in the past.... and certainly early Dragons too.

As an aside, it seems to me that MANY early Dragons are being listed on E-Bay this past couple of months..... :D

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:57 pm 

Here is a rather interesting auction opening bid:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 1&rd=1

Just think all, this is your opportuinty to own every 3ed book ever produced  :roll:

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:28 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Here is a rather interesting auction opening bid:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 1&rd=1

Just think all, this is your opportuinty to own every 3ed book ever produced :roll:

If only it were every copy of every 3ed book ever produced, I'd go for it even at that price.  Would make one hell of a ritual bonfire... :twisted:

YIM  

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:32 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:If only it were every copy of every 3ed book ever produced, I'd go for it even at that price. Would make one hell of a ritual bonfire... :twisted:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Heh, heh; and I've never even played 3e...

*runs away*

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:31 am 

Not quite D&D - but still TSR:

cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a ... 7&rd=1

I know it's a couple of newbies bidding this one up, but I don't remember ever seeing a Star Frontiers module go for this much.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:15 am 

I don't think this is necessarily silly from a regular buyer/collector just starting out perspective, but I just can't gather why our furry friend has such a hard-on for this one:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... RK:MEWA:IT

I mean granted there are a couple shrinks(AC7 & I5) in there and a Baltron's Beacon, but still $322.00?! 8O As a reseller, especially from the UK and looking at a pretty substantial shipping cost, I just do not see how he could make a profit if he won that auction for that price & split it up. :?
I don't know, maybe its the high value Rub Down Transfers :D

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:48 am 

bclarkie wrote:I don't think this is necessarily silly from a regular buyer/collector just starting out perspective, but I just can't gather why our furry friend has such a hard-on for this one:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... RK:MEWA:IT

Sometimes he just likes to see other people suffer, I think, if he can't get his way.

Had noted a few other auctions like that in the past; not one of which he ended up as highest bidder for.

Think kitty "playing" with mice, perhaps...

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:27 am 

Not the silliest price but posting as a reply to the "playing with mice" message. I guess I am the mouse in this case. I started off just wanting to see some of these other publishers products and it is easier to buy cheap in a big lot where there are a few represented rather than buying one at a time and paying $5+ shipping on each. Now Cougar seems determined to not let me have these and I am fighting the urge to win no matter the cost. Not knowing these products is there something valueable I am missing or is it him just being a jerk as I can not see where there is money to made after the cost of shipping overseas?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEBI:IT

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 36 of 107123 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 105106107