Silliest auction price of 2004-2005 announced!
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 34 of 107123 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 105106107
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:11 pm 

I still don't think it was right to "mess" with the auction, or any auction, if that was indeed the case.  I don't know and I don't wanna know.  :wink: (Even if the seller is a complete ass, which again, I don't know).  Call me lawful neutral if ya must. :D

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:35 pm 

My condolences. I will send over my extra Helm of Alignment Change at no charge.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:35 pm 

This may not be the silliest, but it definitely warrants some laughter as it is quite silly 8O :

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 6&rd=1

Damn newbies................ :roll:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:32 pm 

Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:35 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This may not be the silliest, but it definitely warrants some laughteras it is quite silly   :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... &item=5955 074736&rd=1

Damn newbies................  

Silly? :?: I love it. :!:  :D  
$42 for a sixth print PHB in near-mint condition?
:idea: My First Print Copies must be worth hundreds, thousands even!! :idea:

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:21 pm 

I recently came under the ownership of a 5th printing PHB, a 4th MM, a 3rd Alpha DMG (I think) and a true 1st Deities & Demigods! Wonder how much they'd pay me for them?  :P

The Wraith - [email protected]

Yin & Yang Productions on eBay:
http://myworld.ebay.com/yinyangpro

WWW ICQ YIM  

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:38 pm 

Probably about par for an OCE with late printing supplements, these days...

$255; http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5955411661

No piccie of the box, the Greyhawk has faults and the Eldritch appears to do so, too. (Always wary of truncated scans...).

Not the first one <pipoworld> has flown high on, IIRC.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:52 pm 

harami2000 wrote:Probably about par for an OCE with late printing supplements, these days...

$255; http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5955411661

No piccie of the box, the Greyhawk has faults and the Eldritch appears to do so, too. (Always wary of truncated scans...).

Not the first one <pipoworld> has flown high on, IIRC.

Sometimes I wonder what people think. I bought a set early last year nicer that that with an almost perfect box and with all supplements except Gods, Demigods, & Heores for $65.00 including shipping. Not only is shipping for this one $10.65 for Parcel Post  :roll: , but Greyhawk's cover is clearly stained and if you look closely, it looks as if it has a ring on it from where some put a glass. Hey everyone I just bought this very unique item. Its very very very rare........ its a Greyhawk drink coaster. 8O

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:18 am 

bclarkie wrote: .....:roll: , but Greyhawk's cover is clearly stained and if you look closely, it looks as if it has a ring on it from where some put a glass. Hey everyone I just bought this very unique item. Its very very very rare........ its a Greyhawk drink coaster. 8O

8O
LOL
:lol:

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:50 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5955664430

*grins and waves* (three bidders above $75 this time).
Congrats, Draco ^^

I thought $50 BIN for the box was more than adequate.

'Tis a mystery of trans-Cthulhian dimensions, indeed...

(Oh well; good to have it "ticked off the list", I s'pose....)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:22 pm 

I didn't think it would go for that much I was thinking maybe $40-60

but if killjoy wants to pay $80 for it, it doesn't bother me at all :D

BTW thanks killjoy :D

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:17 pm 

Here is a rather optimistic starting bid and BIN:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 3&rd=1

They are even in good condition and he'll ship it free if you use the BIN. Right..............

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:00 pm 

OMG! What the hell are some people thinking?

Before I put on much of what I list on eBay, I do a little bit of research. Either here or other websites, including Amazon and ABEbooks. I have a mind to send some of these people links to the same items their listing online elsewhere and cheaper.

That's the end of my venting. I'm not only a collector, but I am a book seller so these kinds of auctions/prices bug me.

The Wraith - [email protected]

Yin & Yang Productions on eBay:
http://myworld.ebay.com/yinyangpro

WWW ICQ YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:39 pm 

The Wraith wrote:OMG! What the hell are some people thinking?

Before I put on much of what I list on eBay, I do a little bit of research. Either here or other websites, including Amazon and ABEbooks. I have a mind to send some of these people links to the same items their listing online elsewhere and cheaper.

That's the end of my venting. I'm not only a collector, but I am a book seller so these kinds of auctions/prices bug me.

The sad part about it is, with Ebay, sometimes you never know (i.e warriors of mars for $455.00 :roll: ) .

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:11 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Here is a rather optimistic starting bid and BIN:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 3&rd=1

They are even in good condition and he'll ship it free if you use the BIN. Right..............

That's why they should skip free listing day. Clutters up my searches with overpriced items or garbage (or both).

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:41 pm 

The scary thing is how people on ebay will pay exhorbitant prices for stuff that shows up there regularly for a song. Unreal.

I collect toys as well, and I used to run a mailing list for Micronaut toys by Mego. The community is dead now, but back then you could ask on the list and someone would inevitably have what you wanted for a fantastic price, or for trade. But one guy insisted on bidding even common items into the stratosphere. He was nuts. Best I could figure out, it was some sort of psychological compensating issue...his ability to throw thousands of dollars at an item that shouldn't go above $100 was his way of empowering himself. He seemed to pride himself on the fact that he would pay ridiculously high prices, even after he clearly understood he could obtain the same items much cheaper.

I just hate people (usually newbies) who just have to see their name as the high bidder. Any time they get outbid, they just go and bid until their name is listed as high bidder.  :roll:

That's why I mainly snipe now.  :twisted:

Visit the Back In Print website...where OOP is Back In Print!

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:58 pm 

Halaster Blackcloak wrote:I just hate people (usually newbies) who just have to see their name as the high bidder. Any time they get outbid, they just go and bid until their name is listed as high bidder. :roll:

It's a seller's dream-come-true, though. I wish there were more of them ...

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:05 am 

draco76 wrote:I didn't think it would go for that much I was thinking maybe $40-60

but if killjoy wants to pay $80 for it, it doesn't bother me at all :D

BTW thanks killjoy :D

hi guys. well i just needed that to complete the box and couldnt find it anywhere else and i wanted it NOW, so there you go. considering the exchange rate of $1.84=£1 i am not unhappy with that, and its part of a nest egg for my kids so thats fine with me. the only other option was coug's one and he had a reserve on that (£50+), so in the end, $80 might have been high, but it was cheaper than his, so....

and on the same day, i got R1 and R2 as well, so a nice day of it really. hehehe my girlfriend had a look at them and i got "oh they are nice. not very colourful tho are they?" *sigh* i will let you insert your own comment there :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:08 am 

Another one from the "can't-tell-it's-a-photocopy" seller...

OCE books; "All books in good condition, with pictures tastefully coloured on the cover and inside" :oops:
A "snip" at $45 start, $55 BIN
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 5165591503

".....1 has centre page detached and present.  no writing."
Hey, well that's a relief! 8)
Neatly dodges around knowing they're OCEs, too.

(Also has Dragon archive for $120 BIN. Anyone? *cough*)

====

killjoy32 wrote:hi guys. well i just needed that to complete the box and couldnt find it anywhere else and i wanted it NOW...

Heh, heh. Sellers love that! :P
Yeah, not all of us around here have the patience of Frank ;)

Like I said, I "jumped", as well....
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 4518545759

killjoy32 wrote:...so there you go. considering the exchange rate of $1.84=£1 i am not unhappy with that, and its part of a nest egg for my kids so thats fine with me.

No need for the justification, friend!
'Tis enough you're happy. (And the missus, of course... :D)

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 34 of 107123 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 105106107