Silliest auction price of 2004-2005 announced!
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 88 of 97123 ... 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 959697
Author


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3066
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 30, 2015

Post Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:13 pm 
 

This buyer (aroon_fr) is clearly insane. Shame about the 1st print rulebook but I'm not trying to try to outbid that feedback...

cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a ... 8747589637

Ok, I know you're probably thinking, "that's not too bad a price, c'mon D." Well, sure. But look at these wins/almost wins:

cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a ... 8730341423

cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a ... 8744984616

cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a ... 8737416148

 YIM  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Dec 25, 2019

Post Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:53 pm 
 

I will preface this by saying that I know very little about MERP, but doesn't this seem to be a bit high: 8O

Very Good Condition: Cell Phones & Smartphones | eBay


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1271
Joined: Jan 09, 2005
Last Visit: Nov 17, 2020
Location: Azeroth

Post Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:21 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:I will preface this by saying that I know very little about MERP, but doesn't this seem to be a bit high: 8O

Very Good Condition: Cell Phones & Smartphones | eBay


That is actually pretty close if I am not mistaken. Might be a little on the high side. I had that at one time and don't remember liking it much...though that could be me. I am not sure why it seems to go for more than others.


Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 4746
Joined: Oct 31, 2004
Last Visit: Feb 05, 2021
Location: Garland, TX

Post Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:37 pm 
 

Marlith wrote:
bclarkie wrote:I will preface this by saying that I know very little about MERP, but doesn't this seem to be a bit high: 8O

Very Good Condition: Cell Phones & Smartphones | eBay


That is actually pretty close if I am not mistaken. Might be a little on the high side. I had that at one time and don't remember liking it much...though that could be me. I am not sure why it seems to go for more than others.


As I am trying to complete my MERP collection this can be a bit frustrating but these also usually garner some pretty high prices:

Gorgoroth
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8746214846

Here is another Court of Ardor:
ICE MERP The Court of ARDOR Lord of the Rings | eBay

Umbar: Haven of the Corsairs, Grey Mountains, and Mount Gundabad also usually get pretty high but what really freaks me out is just how much the MERP Second Edition stuff goes for.

Mirkwood
Call of The Wild" London: Books | eBay

Hands of the Healer
Healer of The Pride: Individual Cards | eBay

The Shire.
Middle Earth The Wizards: Trading Card Games | eBay

This one has been sitting there for awhile with no takers but I have seen them go for more.

Yep, I'm never going to get them all.  :cry:

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Dec 25, 2019

Post Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:03 pm 
 

That is why I placed the disclaimer first. :) MERP is defintely not my specialty. :oops:


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3590
Joined: Dec 20, 2003
Last Visit: Feb 25, 2021
Location: Canada

Post Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:17 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:That is why I placed the disclaimer first. :) MERP is defintely not my specialty. :oops:


I auctioned off my MERP off a few years ago and I think I averaged over $90.00 per piece.  My court of Ardor went for about $150.00 or so.

J


Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

 WWW  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 186
Joined: Apr 13, 2005
Last Visit: Apr 06, 2006
Location: At the Door of the Colorado National Monument

Post Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:51 pm 
 

That's pretty steep for Court of Ardor without the original map.  If it did have it, @$100 is fair.  They were going for $200-$300 a few years ago, right before the movie came out.  The only things that have kept their value besides Armies of Eriador (I'm still looking for this one) are the black box editions, the blue box editions (not st #1000), and the Other Hands MERP Fanzine.  The last time I looked the fanzine was doing quite well.

  

User avatar

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2444
Joined: Nov 06, 2002
Last Visit: Feb 24, 2021
Location: Queensland, Australia

Post Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:13 pm 
 

tfm wrote:and the Other Hands MERP Fanzine. The last time I looked the fanzine was doing quite well.


There was a large lot of these that were ebayed a couple of months ago, I was outbid (damed second highest bidder again!) .. I don't see them come up very ofter

Brette:)

 WWW  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 186
Joined: Apr 13, 2005
Last Visit: Apr 06, 2006
Location: At the Door of the Colorado National Monument

Post Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:03 pm 
 

I just checked out the closed MERP auctions.  Some items are doing very well.  Hands of the Healer for $100+?  Wow!  

Other Hands are hard to come by.  Titan had a few for awhile for $8.00 or something.  It wasn't much.  I don't have all of them yet.  The ones I do have came in a lot (1-12, 23, 25, 26, 28, 31/32).  The one thing I imagine is pretty rare is The Eyes of Oclanoc and Other Tales module that I'm guessing came with OH 31/32.  

Does anyone know what the last issue # was?

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1251
Joined: Jan 01, 2003
Last Visit: Feb 21, 2021

Post Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:46 pm 
 

Hands of the Healer is a tough one to find, and that's a high price for Ardor considering the maps are copies.  Can anyone confirm that Armies of Eriador exists?  Been looking for one for a while now but haven't seen one, and it's the last one I need for the set.   :(

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5625
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Feb 23, 2021
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:14 pm 
 

I have one, Dathon. Can't remember where I got it, but it was part of a lot. It does exist.
MERP will probably go down a bit this year, I would think. There are really only a few items that go for big bucks, the rest are pretty reasonable.

 WWW  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1271
Joined: Jan 09, 2005
Last Visit: Nov 17, 2020
Location: Azeroth

Post Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:01 am 
 

tfm wrote:That's pretty steep for Court of Ardor without the original map. If it did have it, @$100 is fair. They were going for $200-$300 a few years ago, right before the movie came out. The only things that have kept their value besides Armies of Eriador (I'm still looking for this one) are the black box editions, the blue box editions (not st #1000), and the Other Hands MERP Fanzine. The last time I looked the fanzine was doing quite well.


Did not read the auction so I did not catch there was no map. Without the map that is too much. Just a guess but I am think maybe half that without the map. There was that seller back maybe 14 to 18 months ago that was selling the maps and books broken apart....almost made you cry. Maybe the person who got the maps from that seller can get this book and not be too upside down on it.


Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1251
Joined: Jan 01, 2003
Last Visit: Feb 21, 2021

Post Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:16 am 
 

Deadlord36 wrote:I have one, Dathon. Can't remember where I got it, but it was part of a lot. It does exist.
MERP will probably go down a bit this year, I would think. There are really only a few items that go for big bucks, the rest are pretty reasonable.


When one comes up it's going to go for a bundle.
As distance from the movies becomes greater, the prices for MERP will decrease until leveling off at some point.  MERP does have something going for it, it's the best Middle Earth RPG out there, Decipher's version can't come close, and the quality is quite high for most of the products.  It's a good RPG.
Prices will go up whenever the Hobbit movie gets made so that would be a good time to sell if anyone is considering and has a few years to spare.

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5625
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Feb 23, 2021
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:22 am 
 

When Eriador comes up, you mean? I remember now, I got it as a throwin with a few other MERPS I got. Come to think of it, I don't recall seeing one since, but then again I have not looked.

 WWW  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1251
Joined: Jan 01, 2003
Last Visit: Feb 21, 2021

Post Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:24 am 
 

Yes, I meant when Eriador comes up, it will go for a lot as I guess there are quite a few people who need it.  
The one issue when collecting MERP is to make sure they come with the maps, quite a few of them seem to have been separated from their books.

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7946
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: Feb 24, 2021
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:26 am 
 

dathon wrote:Hands of the Healer is a tough one to find, and that's a high price for Ardor considering the maps are copies. Can anyone confirm that Armies of Eriador exists? Been looking for one for a while now but haven't seen one, and it's the last one I need for the set.  :(


What is Armies of Eriador?  Who published it?  Is it one of the boardgames?  It's not listed in Heroic Worlds.  I bought all the board games as they came out in the 1980s, all the modules and supplements in the early 90's (some from ICE employees, got a bunch of super hard to find items like german versions of the middle earth Quest books and such).  Last I looked I have everything ever publishd by ICE for MERP.

Mike B.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5625
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Feb 23, 2021
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:51 am 
 

Hold on, let me dig it out.

 WWW  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1251
Joined: Jan 01, 2003
Last Visit: Feb 21, 2021

Post Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:53 am 
 

From a Google search I found:

Armies of Eriador (Morwinsky, Other Hands 33/34) [essays on the military organization of Arthedain, Cardolan, Rhudaur and Angmar; 32 pgs]

So it wasn't an ICE product, but simply a section of an Other Hands fanzine, number 33/34 (evidently their final issue).
Our collections are complete.  :D
This is a great archive with practically all the articles from Other Hands:

http://www.invasivedesigns.com/otherhands/archive.html

Unfortunately, the links to OtherHands.com don't work.   :(

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5625
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Feb 23, 2021
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:59 am 
 

It looks like it was made by Other Hands. On the bottom of the front cover it says (printed, not penned in): Thomas Morwinsky: Klemmsberg 7, 24340 Eckernforde, Germany. And an e-mail address.
Seems to be full of MERP tidbits, kind of like Strategic Review. The website it promotes, otherhands.com, is nonexistent.
I'm trying to wrack my tortured brain, I seem to recall actually buying the lot of MERP because this was included and I had never heard of it. You all know how hard it is to remember little details like that..........

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7946
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: Feb 24, 2021
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:46 pm 
 

dathon wrote:From a Google search I found:

Armies of Eriador (Morwinsky, Other Hands 33/34) [essays on the military organization of Arthedain, Cardolan, Rhudaur and Angmar; 32 pgs]

So it wasn't an ICE product, but simply a section of an Other Hands fanzine, number 33/34 (evidently their final issue).
Our collections are complete. :D
This is a great archive with practically all the articles from Other Hands:

http://www.invasivedesigns.com/otherhands/archive.html

Unfortunately, the links to OtherHands.com don't work.  :(



Whewww, your google was better than my google... :D

Being as that I've been buying RPGs for 25+ years and collecting for the last 12, you can understand the consternation of something turning up you know nothing about.  Plus, MERP was one of the only RPG genres I've totally finished up (gotten everything that was published by ICE) and didn't want anything out there getting through.  
Thanks for the info, a great reference for Other Hands mags.

Mike B.

 WWW  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 88 of 97123 ... 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 959697