Silliest auction price of 2004-2005 announced!
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 93 of 107123 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94 ... 105106107
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:53 pm 

"Congrats and thanks for saving my butt"! :lol:

I only hope the "winner" feels the same, now... Image

(That was $10 over what I paid for a NM Daystar copy: no missing page, no pen annotations, no general wear & tear).

Somehow you manage to escape from the worst excesses of your own bidding, Giorgio: like you did with the 2nd print Chainmail you bought as an "extra" to that white box.

Congrats on managing to escape so "lightly" (and on that "Black Opal Eye")!

Any reason why you didn't just buy the complete set of Rs & RPGAs and sell the rest? ;)

Cheers & Have a good night, yourself :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:55 pm 

Badmike wrote:
 BTW, wasn't that RPGA1 just beautiful? I really hated to see it go, and thought about trading up with my personal copy, but in the end as long as I have a copy, got to let the nice stuff go...sigh...at least it's in good hands.

Mike B.

Yes, seriously it is absolutely perfect. It is just as nice as the RPGA3 I picked up a couple months ago that I dont think was ever touched until the seller found it and put it up for sale.  FWIW, I think that $250.00 was  right around where it should have been, and if it would have been too much higher I probably would not have bought it.  It did help that I was able to take advantage of the full $25 Paypal discount though too. :)  

radagast wrote:
PS: for BClarkie: H-U-G-E is not enough!!!!!! You're perfectly right!!! I was cooking when I connected to ebay and my sense had to be ... obnubilated, erased or what you prefer. I repeat: congratulations to the seller (I won black opal eye!!) and thank you to the buyer

I thought that there was some sort of law against drinking and bidding on EBay. :P  :lol:   Seriously though, good for Dave and dont worry Giorgio, you will get one soon enough and you will even happier that you missed out on this one.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:57 pm 

A case of not bothering to read beyond the first page...

No.  It's called fishing.  I got my last GT that way.  Besides, what's $5.00?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:06 pm 

tfm wrote:

No. It's called fishing. I got my last GT that way. Besides, what's $5.00?

Truthfully, I dont think $5 is a big deal. My question is, isnt that just a coverless Dragon magazine? I have never heard of Dragon Rumbles, is there really such a thing or am I just being stupid? :?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:13 pm 

tfm wrote:

No. It's called fishing. I got my last GT that way. Besides, what's $5.00?

*chuckles*. $3.94, you mean?

(Brian; per my comment at the top of the [edit] previous page... :)).

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:25 pm 

Without digging out my Dragon mags, I am pretty sure that the Dragon Rumbles is actually Dragon #28.  At the bottom of the front page scan it says "If your mailing label says TD 28, this is your last issue ..." which I am pretty sure TD is The Dragon and that was their your need to resubscribe reminder.

With that said, isn't #28 the one with Aweful Green Things from Outer Space in it?  Not bad for $1 if it is still inside.

I haven't been looking at the Companions stuff for very long but this one seems to have gone way out of control (even if it is being shilled).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8732367034

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:48 pm 

Thank you Mars!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:52 pm 

tfm wrote:Thank you Mars!

Its Mars bitches!!! :P

Sorry, I had to say that, but I will go away now. :oops:

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:57 pm 

Image :?:

Ah.... *checks Google* :lol:

(maybe I do need to get one of those TV things... ;))

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:10 pm 

harami2000 wrote:[ Image ] :?:

Ah.... *checks Google* :lol:

(maybe I do need to get one of those TV things... ;))

Sorry about that, I have just been dying to say that every time he posts. :oops:  Chapelle's show may be one of the funniest shows ever on American TV. Too bad it doesnt appear its going to continue. :(

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:13 pm 

harami2000 wrote:

About $300-400 over I reckoned. Not sure whether <Blackmoor> would agree. (*asks*)

My "justification" (such as it was) was a combination of saving on multiple insured packages and being darned unwilling to lose to creep for less than that high bid.

I had the same justification getting all the stuff at once seemed like a good idea.

I got ma couple of Geo's auctions though, looking forward to receiving that stuff.

J

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:56 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:I had the same justification getting all the stuff at once seemed like a good idea.

k. Good to know we were on the same wavelength, there :)

Was just a bit concerned since I well remember your "buy" bid on Paul's latest woodgrain ;)

(Definitely didn't want to see those in creep's store at some mad-crazy price, even if they weren't quite as good as Dave's copies that followed... and, btw, my snipe bid on his R2 wasn't far off your pace, either. Very nice "file copy", that).

Blackmoor wrote:I got ma couple of Geo's auctions though, looking forward to receiving that stuff.

*looks jealous* (and broke ^^)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:38 pm 

radagast wrote:
harami2000 wrote:Giorgio: what's up? :P

PS: for BClarkie: H-U-G-E is not enough!!!!!! You're perfectly right!!! I was cooking when I connected to ebay and my sense had to be ... obnubilated, erased or what you prefer. I repeat: congratulations to the seller (I won black opal eye!!) and thank you to the buyer

Giorgio was cooking...he was in Italy....so possibly could a bottle of red wine be the culprit of the huge bid?  :D  I know I like to use a bottle of red when I get the Spaghetti sauce going, and have been known to take a few nips off the bottle while doing so.  

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:40 pm 

Mars wrote:Without digging out my Dragon mags, I am pretty sure that the Dragon Rumbles is actually Dragon #28. At the bottom of the front page scan it says "If your mailing label says TD 28, this is your last issue ..." which I am pretty sure TD is The Dragon and that was their your need to resubscribe reminder.

With that said, isn't #28 the one with Aweful Green Things from Outer Space in it? Not bad for $1 if it is still inside.

I haven't been looking at the Companions stuff for very long but this one seems to have gone way out of control (even if it is being shilled).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8732367034

That's about $250 over the highest price I've ever seen paid for any Companions product. Absolutely ridiculous.

Mike B.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:26 am 

[quote="harami2000 my snipe bid on his R2 wasn't far off your pace, either. Very nice "file copy", that).

[/quote]

I was going to Snipe R1 but I thought since I already had it just not in that shape, need to pick the battles. I really thought these copies would go for more, my snipe on RPGA4 was way higher then the final winning price.

Now onto Fazzle 8)

J

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:59 am 

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :B:SS:UK:1

now that has to be verging on "silly"

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:01 am 

Badmike wrote:
radagast wrote:

Giorgio was cooking...he was in Italy....so possibly could a bottle of red wine be the culprit of the huge bid? :D I know I like to use a bottle of red when I get the Spaghetti sauce going, and have been known to take a few nips off the bottle while doing so.

Mike B.

Mike: italian red wine is n.1 enemy of ebay auction (or n.1 friends, depends from point of view). You're right Brian.

But I've not drunk even a glass yesterday evening (I cannot say, with Mr Churchill: "I'll be sober tomorrow"). The problem is thata I am a child, and even worse, a child with some money ....

I want to state that I didn't bid over and over to increase the price :) ... how can I explain ... I was bidding 600 700 800 and I could only understand "I want it" "I want it" "I want it" ... :oops:

But then, a voice told me "Stupid what the helòl are you doing!" and it wasn't my conscience (I've lost it years ago), nor my wife (she wasn't in the room) ... it was you, I'm not kidding, I thought of what David, Brian, Mike, Al, Frank etc ... would have thought :D

I'm not skilled and experienced like you, but I'm tryin' to learn ... in particular to learn to controll my collecting instinct :)

So thank you very much to you all :)

I'm not joking.

PS: David, I thought about the other auction, and reselling what I was not interested in (I've spoken about it with Brian), but the fact that none of you were involved ... and your argument about that auction ... :) :)

You are my guides, guys!!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:17 am 

giorgio - we all have moments like that. dont think for one second that this lot here do not either :D

Alan

Are we nearly there yet?

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 93 of 107123 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94 ... 105106107