Silliest auction price of 2004-2005 announced!
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 92 of 107123 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 ... 105106107
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:54 pm 

bbarsh wrote: Ad&d Module | eBay

Wow!!! 8O  I have seen that guy<scott29604> bidding way up on lots of stuff. He is definitely one of those people who absolutely refuses to get outbid on anything. :roll:  It is like, once you see his bid pop in, you are either going to have to snipe the item or just move on to the next one because he will just keep bidding until he is winning again. its freakin ridiculous. :roll:  I just cant figure out that menatility :?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:01 pm 

As a matter of fact, look at his bidding history over the last 30 days:

Welcome to eBay

He has 39 auctions he bid on and won 34 of them. That percentage of winning EBay auctions in that short amount of time is not usually a good thing. :?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:26 pm 

A case of not bothering to read beyond the first page...

Vintage Magazine Ads | eBay

Not that it's worth anything in that condition, but still...

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:33 pm 

jamesmishler wrote:A case of not bothering to read beyond the first page...

Vintage Magazine Ads | eBay

Not that it's worth anything in that condition, but still...

*chuckles*

I hardly made it to their item description having been waylaid by "DECEPTICON-ZERO" on the previous line.

Is probably hoping a bit much that the "Awful Green Things From Outer Space" pages will be complete? ;)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:29 am 

bbarsh wrote: Ad&d Module | eBay

holy crap! thats certainly a record for that book. i have NEVER seen one sell for even half of that. i wonder if i should msg him and tell him i have multiple copies and he could have bought one from my website for like a 10th of the price :D :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:30 am 

the crazy thing is though, is that someone else was bidding that high on the book of ruins too! what is the world coming to!  :?

and how come i never get things like that happening to me :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:45 pm 

you have SERIOUSLY gotta be shitting me that someone would pay this much man!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... BUAA:UK:11

sure it would be a cool item to have, but $810??!!! no way!

that was more than pharaoh/labyrinthe/PotVQ and a number of other cool items.

what do you think?

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:05 pm 

Thanks Al.

Get me typing emails to you, so you can beat me to commenting on that holey (SW) Rahasia.

Absolutely, totally 100% crazy price, IMHO.

(Heh. And since when was Labyrinthe worth that, either?)

Giorgio: what's up? :P

The cheapest auction out of those Rs & RPGAs was that "first copy off the printer sent to TSR" R1 (at $212.50; NM/SW).

I similarly have no idea why that should be the case! Oh well... :)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:12 pm 

for $810 i would want all FOUR RPGA for that :)

insaaaaaaane :)

and it was something to talk about mailing you, instead of watching this feckin stupid film on TV that mand and jess are watching  :?

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:13 pm 

harami2000 wrote:Thanks Al.

Get me typing emails to you, so you can beat me to commenting on that holey (SW) Rahasia.

Absolutely, totally 100% crazy price, IMHO.

(Heh. And since when was Labyrinthe worth that, either?)

Giorgio: what's up? :P

The cheapest auction out of those Rs & RPGAs was that "first copy off the printer sent to TSR" R1 (at $212.50; NM/SW).

I similarly have no idea why that should be the case! Oh well... :)

I saw you go in there a couple times there David, trying to fill that hole huh?  :P    It really surprised the hell out of me to see you go in that high on the lot of Rs & RPGAs last night as well.  :)

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:17 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:for $810 i would want all FOUR RPGA for that :)

insaaaaaaane :)

*chuckles*. OK, whoever it was that won has prolly got the hint by now! :D

killjoy32 wrote:and it was something to talk about mailing you, instead of watching this feckin stupid film on TV that mand and jess are watching :?

TV. What's that? :o

(Hey. I just thought that was just you permanently stationed here and on eBay, as usual... ;))

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:20 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
(Hey. I just thought that was just you permanently stationed here and on eBay, as usual... ;))

hmmm you know...youre right

mand said something about that last night....along the lines of "what the hell do you all find to talk about on that bloody site?!"

i just then started off  about R mods and RPGA mods and she quickly got the hint and went and did something else :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:26 pm 

bclarkie wrote:I saw you go in there a couple times there David, trying to fill that hole huh? :P

Gaping hole, you mean?

I still can't get my mind around them being worth much more than $100-125 each. Might be a long haul at that rate ;)

bclarkie wrote:It really surprised the hell out of me to see you go in that high on the lot of Rs & RPGAs last night as well. :)

About $300-400 over I reckoned. Not sure whether <Blackmoor> would agree. (*asks*)

My "justification" (such as it was) was a combination of saving on multiple insured packages and being darned unwilling to lose to creep for less than that high bid.

My SW R3 bid tonight was similarly pretty crazy (I thought), but that was largely the "first copy off the printer sent to TSR" factor, in addition to combined postage.

Not at all fussed to have lost at that final price.

Gee. So much for <empoweredguy> :P

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:37 pm 

harami2000 wrote:

Yeah, I think he was a bit overmatched there. Maybe if he would have saved some cash up instrading of winning the 2 shrinked Q1s for over $320.00 total, he might have some extra juice to go with. :lol:

Seriously though, it looks like all items went to known collectors(except for that guy who won the RPGAs 1&3) and no resellers <creep> to put in there store for over $1000.00 :roll:

FWIW, that guy who won the RPGA1 did Giorgio a H-U-G-E favor, by toppinbg his $800.00 bid. Seriously, and this is coming from a hardcore shrinkwrap collector here, is some clear plastic really worth $560.00? The reason I say this is this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

I just bought that this week from Badmike. It is absolutely 100% perfect, I mean perfect. :o My BIN $250.00, which is a very fair price.   $810???? No comment. :?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:55 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
harami2000 wrote:

Yeah, I think he was a bit overmatched there. Maybe if he would have saved some cash up instrading of winning the 2 shrinked Q1s for over $320.00 total, he might have some extra juice to go with. :lol:

Erm, that second one went for $140, then?

I wasn't watching that roadcrash...

bclarkie wrote:Seriously though, it looks like all items went to known collectors(except for that guy who won the RPGAs 1&3) and no resellers <creep> to put in there store for over $1000.00 :roll:

Yes, not a bad result from that p.o.v. even if I'm kinda despairing at the (high) prices, in general.

Don't think you'd've resold that R1, would you? ;)

bclarkie wrote:FWIW, that guy who won the RPGA1 did Giorgio a H-U-G-E favor, by toppinbg his $800.00 bid. Seriously, and this is coming from a hardcore shrinkwrap collector here, is some clear plastic really worth $560.00?

You know my answer, Brian. :roll:

bclarkie wrote:I just bought that this week from Badmike. It is absolutely 100% perfect, I mean perfect. :o My BIN $250.00, which is a very fair price.  $810???? No comment. :?

I thought I'd seen that one hanging around Mike's shop for some time, since I remember thinking "even" $250 was a bit high... Well, for me anyhow! Image

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:55 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
harami2000 wrote:

Seriously though, it looks like all items went to known collectors(except for that guy who won the RPGAs 1&3) and no resellers <creep> to put in there store for over $1000.00 :roll:

FWIW, that guy who won the RPGA1 did Giorgio a H-U-G-E favor, by toppinbg his $800.00 bid. Seriously, and this is coming from a hardcore shrinkwrap collector here, is some clear plastic really worth $560.00? The reason I say this is this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

I just bought that this week from Badmike. It is absolutely 100% perfect, I mean perfect. :o My BIN $250.00, which is a very fair price.  $810???? No comment. :?

Brian, and I REALLY thought that price was stretching it.  Now it looks like you got a deal :D  I'm starting to think my judgement of the marketplace is faulty with some of the recent prices.  I can't trust my BIN's anymore, not that I'll stop using them, but damn you have to think at some point you are losing some money for yourself with "reasonable" prices. I'm beginning to believe no matter what my personal preferences (and prejudices) are, a $300-$500 markup for SW is considered by many to be a legitimate price to pay.  

Not that I care because having everything with a BIN is a decision I'm made and will stick to. But no matter what I put for my BIN's in my store (within reason), it eventually sells.  I thought my Dragon #1 at $250 was a lot, then I sold that one, and the next month they are selling for $300 on Ebay.  

BTW, wasn't that RPGA1 just beautiful? I really hated to see it go, and thought about trading up with my personal copy, but in the end as long as I have a copy, got to let the nice stuff go...sigh...at least it's in good hands.

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:34 pm 

yeah i agree - the $250 for mikes was pretty good at the present rate!

if BC says it was good, then it really was - if i had seen that for long enough, i would have prb got that too :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:38 pm 

harami2000 wrote:Giorgio: what's up? :P

Hallo!

I was at a party so I could connect to internet only at about 8.30 pm ...

I really wanted (and want) the two RPGA so my crazyness has driven me ... to a certain point.  :oops:

slowly I realize what I was doing and, let me say sincerely, THANKS GOD somenone else had a bid higher than mine ...  :)  :) (I can smile, now!!!)

I'm interested in rahasia and I would like to have it in my collection. but that price is simply mad, not only silly.

I was wrong in bidding but, this time, i'm not going to pay for my mistake.

Tonight I can sleep well.

congrats to the seller.

Have a good night

Giorgio

PS: for BClarkie: H-U-G-E is not enough!!!!!! You're perfectly right!!! I was cooking when I connected to ebay and my sense had to be ... obnubilated, erased or what you prefer. I repeat: congratulations to the seller (I won black opal eye!!) and thank you to the buyer

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 92 of 107123 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 ... 105106107