Silliest auction price of 2004-2005 announced!
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 82 of 97123 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83 ... 959697
Author

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1271
Joined: Jan 09, 2005
Last Visit: Nov 17, 2020
Location: Azeroth

Post Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:10 pm 
 

Babydragon wrote:
The creep strikes again!



http://cgi.ebay.com/D-D-AD-D-SILVER-ANN ... OXED-SET_W 0QQitemZ8730980306QQcategoryZ2545QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem







Its not worth that much is it???  8O



Funny he doesn't give us a chance to bid on it, must be aware of its real worth.




Worth maybe a little over half that. I was trying to get an opened one just for the L3. I bid on a number and I was thinking they all ended going for over $100 in most cases with the higher end being in the $120 area though I could be remembering wrong.


Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

  


Active Collector

Posts: 26
Joined: Nov 22, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 09, 2008
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:13 am 
 

Ahh... I could never find an Acaeum entry for it, so I didn't know how much it was actually worth.  I'd might pay $100 for it, but since I already own most of the stuff in it I probably would hold off.  Over $200.00 seems extremely high, since you can get and OCE for under $100, which is a much cooler find.  :D



(Can't wait for my OCE to arrive!!) Yippee!!


"Always looking for that boxed set feeling"

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3593
Joined: Dec 20, 2003
Last Visit: Jul 27, 2021
Location: Canada

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:23 am 
 

Babydragon wrote:Ahh... I could never find an Acaeum entry for it, so I didn't know how much it was actually worth. I'd might pay $100 for it, but since I already own most of the stuff in it I probably would hold off. Over $200.00 seems extremely high, since you can get and OCE for under $100, which is a much cooler find. :D



(Can't wait for my OCE to arrive!!) Yippee!!




I opened and sold most of the parts a few years ago! i GOT OVER $150.00 for the parts alone 8O



J


Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:02 am 
 

Marlith wrote:
Worth maybe a little over half that. I was trying to get an opened one just for the L3. I bid on a number and I was thinking they all ended going for over $100 in most cases with the higher end being in the $120 area though I could be remembering wrong.




well fwiw i have an opened one listed and i set a reserve which is the min that you can in the UK. LOTS cheaper than creeps :)



Al



  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3066
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 30, 2015

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:55 pm 
 

It's really sad to see people kidding themselves.  If the collection is that valuable to him, he should probably hang onto it.  :(



cgi.ebay.ca/Vintage-Dungeons-Dragons-Mo ... dZViewItem

 YIM  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:11 am 
 

deimos3428 wrote:It's really sad to see people kidding themselves. If the collection is that valuable to him, he should probably hang onto it. :(



cgi.ebay.ca/Vintage-Dungeons-Dragons-Mo ... dZViewItem




yeah i agree. nothing exciting in there, so at prb $150 it might have been a maybe for someone....



Al



  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1271
Joined: Jan 09, 2005
Last Visit: Nov 17, 2020
Location: Azeroth

Post Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:41 am 
 

This should probably go somewhere else as it will not be the price that is crazy. It is the shipping that seems way off base. If I am wrong then please let me know.



Ad&d Lot: Dungeons & Dragons | eBay



crovoss in Toys & Hobbies > Games| eBay


Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:17 am 
 

Marlith wrote:This should probably go somewhere else as it will not be the price that is crazy. It is the shipping that seems way off base. If I am wrong then please let me know.



Ad&d Lot: Dungeons & Dragons | eBay



crovoss in Toys & Hobbies > Games| eBay




the shipping to the UK from canada would prb be about right cos they are 4 heavy books there.  mind you $20 to his home canada seems a lot. one of the guys up that way will clarify but that does seem way off the mark.



Al



  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:06 pm 
 

Dungeon Masters Guide | eBay



$49.00 plus $9.00 shipping?  8O


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 181
Joined: Apr 02, 2004
Last Visit: May 26, 2014
Location: Sierra Foothills, CA

Post Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:21 pm 
 

I know it's a seller's market this time of year...but it seems like if you just throw a few items together in a lot, the prices go nuts!!



Here's 11 commons plus an X1...



http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1



Over $8 per module...makes no sense to me



Or, why not just group the 3 worthless 3.0 core books and see what happens?



Dungeons and Dragons Rule Book | eBay



Insanity! :?

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3066
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 30, 2015

Post Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:39 pm 
 

seeyouinescrow wrote:I know it's a seller's market this time of year...but it seems like if you just throw a few items together in a lot, the prices go nuts!!



Here's 11 commons plus an X1...



So...in other words, 12 commons?   :lol:  X1 was included in every Expert set sold...

 YIM  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:43 pm 
 

deimos3428 wrote:
seeyouinescrow wrote:I know it's a seller's market this time of year...but it seems like if you just throw a few items together in a lot, the prices go nuts!!



Here's 11 commons plus an X1...



So...in other words, 12 commons?  :lol: X1 was included in every Expert set sold...




I dont even think common accurately describes X1. More like frequent. :P


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 181
Joined: Apr 02, 2004
Last Visit: May 26, 2014
Location: Sierra Foothills, CA

Post Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:49 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:
deimos3428 wrote:
So...in other words, 12 commons? :lol: X1 was included in every Expert set sold...




I dont even think common accurately describes X1. More like frequent. :P




For sure...should have stated 11 commons and a throwaway X1. Seperated the X1 as to treat it as less worth than even a "common"

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1271
Joined: Jan 09, 2005
Last Visit: Nov 17, 2020
Location: Azeroth

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:29 pm 
 

Am I missing something on this.....



http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8732153750



eBay.com Item Bid History


Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3066
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 30, 2015

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:32 pm 
 



It's worse than that.  One of the bidders in that auction is also having a slugfest with me on this one (but I'm done):



cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a ... T&rd=1

 YIM  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:36 pm 
 

Heh. When I saw you'd posted on this thread, Deimos, I'd presumed it was that GW D3 for $927.87 over your budget; http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8731044780

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3066
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 30, 2015

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:39 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote:Heh. When I saw you'd posted on this thread, Deimos, I'd presumed it was that GW D3 for $927.87 over your budget; http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8731044780


Yeah, that'd be hard to make up...  :lol:

 YIM  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3861
Joined: Feb 21, 2004
Last Visit: Jul 20, 2021
Location: Milford, Michigan

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:45 pm 
 

Ad&d Module | eBay


And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

 WWW  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:54 pm 
 

bbarsh wrote: Ad&d Module | eBay




Wow!!! 8O  I have seen that guy<scott29604> bidding way up on lots of stuff. He is definitely one of those people who absolutely refuses to get outbid on anything. :roll:  It is like, once you see his bid pop in, you are either going to have to snipe the item or just move on to the next one because he will just keep bidding until he is winning again. its freakin ridiculous. :roll:  I just cant figure out that menatility :?


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:01 pm 
 

As a matter of fact, look at his bidding history over the last 30 days:



Welcome to eBay



He has 39 auctions he bid on and won 34 of them. That percentage of winning EBay auctions in that short amount of time is not usually a good thing. :?


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 82 of 97123 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83 ... 959697