Silliest auction price of 2004-2005 announced!
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 86 of 107123 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 105106107
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:07 pm 

sorry, but that really is absolute insanity!!

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:50 pm 

Not only a bargain  8O  but the cover is in "great condition" ( except for a small blemish  :roll:  )

Advanced D D Monster Manual | eBay

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:03 am 

Daimajin wrote:Not only a bargain 8O but the cover is in "great condition" ( except for a small blemish :roll: )

Yeah, that's insane...glad I'm not the only one that thinks so.  Actually, I have a SW one if anyone is interested...(it's bloody annoying, I can't open it!)

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:12 am 

deimos3428 wrote:
Daimajin wrote:Not only a bargain 8O but the cover is in "great condition" ( except for a small blemish :roll: )

Yeah, that's insane...glad I'm not the only one that thinks so. Actually, I have a SW one if anyone is interested...(it's bloody annoying, I can't open it!)

I actually just got up and saw that one myself.  I tell you what, if someone is interested in that auction, I have both of those books in better condition, that I will happily sell for half that. :wink:  Where do these people come from. :roll:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:04 pm 

First Edition Dieties and Demigods Cthulhu Mythos | eBay

Good lord!  I could toss a Deities and Demigods into a woodchipper, force feed the pieces to my dog, and he could still crap out a better looking copy that that.  :D

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:08 pm 

KingOfPain wrote: Cthulhu Mythos: Books | eBay

Good lord! I could toss a Deities and Demigods into a woodchipper, force feed the pieces to my dog, and he could still crap out a better looking copy that that. :D

Looks like the copy I played with as a kid :lol:  :lol:

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:09 pm 

KingOfPain wrote: Cthulhu Mythos: Books | eBay

Good lord! I could toss a Deities and Demigods into a woodchipper, force feed the pieces to my dog, and he could still crap out a better looking copy that that. :D

Hey, I sold one about 8 months ago that was worse than that one, and it still sold for $16.00 8O

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:14 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
KingOfPain wrote:First Edition Dieties and Demigods Cthulhu Mythos | eBay

Hey, I sold one about 8 months ago that was worse than that one, and it still sold for $16.00 8O

Besides, now that I think about it, weren't those things going for $1000.00 just last Christmas. :P :lol:

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:40 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Besides, now that I think about it, weren't those things going for $1000.00 just last Christmas. :P :lol:

:roll:

thx for the reminder. That one went rather quiet... Crazy seller!
I wonder how long they waited for the payment, before they gave up? Image

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:54 am 

OK....the thing is in SW, but seriously WTF? 8O

Ad&d Module | eBay

Not even a 1st print

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:42 am 

seeyouinescrow wrote:OK....the thing is in SW, but seriously WTF? 8O

Ad&d Module | eBay

Not even a 1st print

my god!!!! what in hell's name is going on with these ppl??!!!

i dream of having ppl like that come see my auctions.....wow!

it defies belief!

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:12 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
seeyouinescrow wrote:OK....the thing is in SW, but seriously WTF? 8O

Ad&d Module | eBay

Not even a 1st print

it defies belief!

Hmmm, its that empoweredguy guy. He bought a bunch of stuff from me over the last few weeks. He only bids on shrinkwrapped modules and he absolutely refuses to get outbid straight up on just about any auction regardless of the cost. :roll:  Best thing to do is to let him lead early and snipe him at the end. :wink: Assuming that someo other idiot doesnt come in and get into a bidding war with him on some of the other modules, watch and see there at the end and I will show you. :P

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:37 am 

bclarkie wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:

it defies belief!

Hmmm, its that empoweredguy guy. He bought a bunch of stuff from me over the last few weeks. He only bids on shrinkwrapped modules and he absolutely refuses to get outbid straight up on just about any auction regardless of the cost. :roll: Best thing to do is to let him lead early and snipe him at the end. :wink: Assuming that someo other idiot doesnt come in and get into a bidding war with him on some of the other modules, watch and see there at the end and I will show you. :P

In looking at the stupid amount of money he has thrown your way in the last month I would have thought you might have spoken better of him. Heck maybe you should stop using Buy It Nows and he can run up your auctions.

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:09 am 

Actually, I wasnt really speaking bad of him at all. He spent abou $300-$350 on my stuff over the last month or so and paid right away no problems. :)  He seems like a decent guy to me as well, but I just question his bidding strategy. When you consider the fact that my BINs that he used were at best half of a lot of stuff that he bought from other sellers, then maybe you are right.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:44 am 

bclarkie wrote:Actually, I wasnt really speaking bad of him at all. He spent abou $300-$350 on my stuff over the last month or so and paid right away no problems. :) He seems like a decent guy to me as well, but I just question his bidding strategy. When you consider the fact that my BINs that he used were at best half of a lot of stuff that he bought from other sellers, then maybe you are right.

He is willing to spend money. I guess I worded it wrong. His willingness to spend "top dollar" and then some worked out for you. I was just commenting that if was not willing to buy no matter the cost perhaps not all of your auctions would have closed with BINs.

In either case here is some one shooting for the moon.....

Ad&d Battlesystem: Games | eBay

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:41 am 

Marlith wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Actually, I wasnt really speaking bad of him at all. He spent abou $300-$350 on my stuff over the last month or so and paid right away no problems. :) He seems like a decent guy to me as well, but I just question his bidding strategy. When you consider the fact that my BINs that he used were at best half of a lot of stuff that he bought from other sellers, then maybe you are right.

He is willing to spend money. I guess I worded it wrong. His willingness to spend "top dollar" and then some worked out for you. I was just commenting that if was not willing to buy no matter the cost perhaps not all of your auctions would have closed with BINs.

In either case here is some one shooting for the moon.....

D D AD D Collection | eBay

Hmmm, nothing quite says "noob" like an Ebay auction on a small lot with an opening bid of $350.00 and a reserve price. 8O  :roll:

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:33 pm 

What sort of extras...gold bricks?

Tool Set with Box | eBay

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:32 pm 

"Hmmm, its that empoweredguy guy. He bought a bunch of stuff from me over the last few weeks. He only bids on shrinkwrapped modules and he absolutely refuses to get outbid straight up on just about any auction regardless of the cost.   Best thing to do is to let him lead early and snipe him at the end.  Assuming that someo other idiot doesnt come in and get into a bidding war with him on some of the other modules, watch and see there at the end and I will show you. "

Bummer, I was really interested in OP1... Not for $76.00+ though!  Sheesh.  Anybody else have one at a reasonable price?  :)

You said it about the bidding war!  Man!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

Dere Fritoad, Two badd yoo copped outt so sooon lazt nighgt. Mised som grooovy trps. Hoap th rring thinng wurcs out awrighgt. Peece, Timm  PS Hear ar som outt of sihgt stash I'm laying onn yoo guyz. Must sine off as rush iss cocomcoming ohgodohgod$#%*@!

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 86 of 107123 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 105106107