Silliest auction price of 2004-2005 announced!
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 78 of 107123 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 105106107
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:35 am 

oh well then whatever...i just assumed he did - didnt look actually. any zines that come up, you always assume youre gonna have a fight against Brette :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:14 am 

harami2000 wrote:

TBH 1-15, 17-25; $257

h

A number of originals were going for $2-4 each some time back whereas most/all of the lower numbered copies in this bundle are reprints. Nice, perhaps, but maybe not quite that nice, IMHO.

(btw. Yes, I thought my bid was somewhat OTT as well. And I'd've been sure Brette had them all as well... Possibly bidding for the same reason I was??).

I do hope the seller finds #16. *fingers crossed*

I'm missing issue 8 and either 21 or 22 whichever turns out to to the misprint, you never know when you need some to trade away though;) The condition of these looks quite good so worth the $$ especialy when you save on mulpile postage costs from the UK (an arm and a leg folks)...

harami2000 wrote:(and more, post-TBH)

Q&Q 1-9; $304 (Brette, is it just one or two issues you're looking for, or what? :?:)

eBay.com Item Bid History

DL 3, 6-21; $272 (possibly the crazier price since virtually all of those have appeared at ~$5 each (several as low as 99 cents/pence) barring #3 which is "pretty beat", and possibly #6 & 7)

Hopefully the "mildew/moisture damage" on #18 & #21 isn't lurking on the other DLs and Q&Qs, if the former... :?

This is the first time I have seen all the issues of Q&Q together, I have half of them so it would have been good to tick them off my list of wants, oh well... I think that there is a bit of runequest content in these as well, and I have found that RQ collectors can be even crazier than I. But at least out of all the world there are only 2 crazies out there that would bid this high;) I would of liked the DL's as well, but I'm afraid that the overall condition of the lot put me off... the obvious staple rust in the photos, the mildew description etc...

harami2000 wrote:

p.s. UK zines vs. US zines ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5241509054 = $3.75 each, even in a hyped series of auctions). No contest! :P

Once again the overall condition of these put me off, and I only need 2 of them listed, I couldn't justify the expense for the 2 when one of them ( 3) wasn't in very good condition... once agin condition is an important factor.. I'm just starting to get a bit fussier I suppose...

feel free to ping me if anyone has any zines/mags that they want to get rid of;)

Brette:)

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:11 am 

harami2000 wrote:

DL 3, 6-21; $272 (possibly the crazier price since virtually all of those have appeared at ~$5 each (several as low as 99 cents/pence) barring #3 which is "pretty beat", and possibly #6 & 7)

Hopefully the "mildew/moisture damage" on #18 & #21 isn't lurking on the other DLs and Q&Qs, if the former... :?

I was worried about that too, but took a chance with a big bid on the DLs anyway because I've rarely seen them for auction, even though I only needed a few from this lot.  Needless to say, if anyone has DLs for sale please send me a PM.  I have most of the Q&Qs, but if anyone has one or two then...  :D

Or if anyone sees them on eBay for 99 pence apiece please, please let me know...  :wink:

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:30 am 

Heya William! :)

dathon wrote:I was worried about that too, but took a chance with a big bid on the DLs anyway because I've rarely seen them for auction, even though I only needed a few from this lot.

"Big bid" is an understatement, IMHO. The DLs are amongst the easiest UK 'zines to obtain even though they were/are deservedly popular.

The first half dozen or so (as ever!) are rare enough and a copy of #1 went for silly money at a convention whilst DL was still running. (Wasn't recommended on a quality basis, however :P).

dathon wrote:Needless to say, if anyone has DLs for sale please send me a PM. I have most of the Q&Qs, but if anyone has one or two then... :D

*g*. I thought you told me you just had a large box of 'zines somewhere in storage, rather than "on hand".

Kinda gave me the impression you might be more willing to sell than buy (even though Brette and Mike<mdr003> (IIRC) didn't manage to obtain any more "positive sounds" from you). :)

I'm still looking to replace some other titles that were given away/went AWOL, as well as pick up those I never had... :(

dathon wrote:Or if anyone sees them on eBay for 99 pence apiece please, please let me know... :wink:

They were indeed!

Several of us agreed not to cross-bid on dups and ended up with copies falling flat at 99 pence through a couple of pounds for others. (One issue might've fetched £5-6 or so, IIRC).

*points also to previous thread about774.html * (and Mike's comments following).

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:55 pm 

I can imagine there are quite a few copies of Dragon Lords floating since it was deservedly popular.  The problem is setting up searches to catch the fanzine and not everything else in the RPG category that has Dragon and Lords, which evidently is a lot of stuff.  

I finally inventoried that box of 'zines and now know what I'm missing.  I don't think I'd sell them unless they were dupes as I find the UK 'zines quite interesting and full of humour with a "u."   :D

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:25 pm 

dathon wrote:I can imagine there are quite a few copies of Dragon Lords floating since it was deservedly popular.

Yes, but it was the GW distribution post-issue 14 that kicked the circulation way up to ~700 for the later numbers. (There's a comment re. a circulation of 125 prior to that date in #14, but that might a slight ironic understatement knowing the DL team).

dathon wrote:The problem is setting up searches to catch the fanzine and not everything else in the RPG category that has Dragon and Lords, which evidently is a lot of stuff.

Indeed! Although those ones which went for 99 pence upwards were definitely listed correctly.

dathon wrote:I finally inventoried that box of 'zines and now know what I'm missing. I don't think I'd sell them unless they were dupes as I find the UK 'zines quite interesting and full of humour with a "u." :D

Very good to hear you found the box. :) :)

Hadn't heard you state that definitively, in passing.

Out of interest, what side of 100 is your tally (given that 50+ will be TBH/DL/TC/Q&Q for starters)?

Maybe we'll even be able to get the UK fanzine project off the ground, at last? ( The Ultimate UK D&D List / Fanzines ).

*g* Well, you did offer scans, IIRC. ;)

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:11 pm 

Oh, it's under 100 for UK fanzines.  Pretty much everything I have has now been inventoried, but almost all of it is in storage on Long Island.  I'd be happy to provide scans for the holes when the project gets off the ground and I have time to dig them out of storage.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:00 pm 

I may be wrong here...but is this price not a good bit more than the average going price?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:03 am 

Marlith wrote:I may be wrong here...but is this price not a good bit more than the average going price?

A bit pricey but awesome condition!

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:47 am 

dathon wrote:Oh, it's under 100 for UK fanzines. Pretty much everything I have has now been inventoried, but almost all of it is in storage on Long Island. I'd be happy to provide scans for the holes when the project gets off the ground and I have time to dig them out of storage.

yes I have to get my butt into gear... my stuff in now inventoried now as well, with prob close to 300 odd (guessing) zines..I might do a quick tally when I get home as the list I have availabe online is out of date....  all of it is in storage in a spare room at home, the only problem is that now i have run out of room and I keep getting stuf... the GF is unimpressed;)

Brette:)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:20 pm 

Marlith wrote:I may be wrong here...but is this price not a good bit more than the average going price?

I've been trying to get a mint copy of Beacon for awhile now...it's not easy!  I was watching that item, but I'll wait another decade before I pay $60 for I7...when it's worth that money.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein
http://www.dungeonsdeepdesigns.com

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:41 am 

Alright this still has 6 hours to go, but this definiely already qualifies:

And suprisingly enough look who is once again in the mix, why its tauglorimorgorus. :roll: Interesting behavior for someone who already has an almost complete collection, *<waves to M>*, you would think that he would have a better grasp of what things are worth. Guess not....

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:45 am 

bclarkie wrote:Alright this still has 6 hours to go, but this definiely already qualifies:

And suprisingly enough look who is once again in the mix, why its tauglorimorgorus. :roll: Interesting behavior for someone who already has an almost complete collection, *<waves to M>*, you would think that he would have a better grasp of what things are worth. Guess not....

holy crap! mind you - the T1-4 is up to appx $60+ too! jeez some ppl must want them pretty bad :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:22 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Alright this still has 6 hours to go, but this definiely already qualifies:

who is tauglorimorgorus?

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:33 pm 

Okay, can somebody point them to my auctions, please...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:26 am 

Here is another one. Dragon magazine Archive:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWA:IT

There is still more than 7 days to go. :roll:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:48 am 

DnDGeek wrote:

I've been trying to get a mint copy of Beacon for awhile now...it's not easy! I was watching that item, but I'll wait another decade before I pay $60 for I7...when it's worth that money.

That module is very, very hard to get in that condition. Especially in this age when people are describing their modules in very good or excellent condition and lo-and-behold you open the package and find a name in ink on inside cover, maps detached or some other bullshit.

It took me a long time to get that module - years - good luck.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:32 am 

Not an auction but still the price is crazy...

AD D D D ORIGINAL Dungeons and Dragons COLLECTION | eBay

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 78 of 107123 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 105106107