Silliest auction price of 2004-2005 announced!
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 77 of 107123 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 105106107
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:13 pm 

... wow. $80, and it's missing the two items that were actually interesting. Yeesh.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:34 pm 

Apparently potential bidders have just stopped looking at seller feedback.  Creep has a similar amount of neutral and negative feedback and they are all for the same things: 1) Extremely slow shipping and 2) Rudeness.  If you look through a good chunk of his feedback there are a lot of positives that say "extremely slow shipping" or "took 3 weeks to get item".  It would be easy to turn a lot of these into neutrals and some even negatives.

His shipping prices on books is ridiculous IMO, his BIN's are outrageous, and he is a jerk to boot.  It is too bad people like creep and cougar are still in business.  But if no one cares how they are treated by the people they buy from, their crappy business practices will continue.  You know both of them probably read these threads but do they give a shit?  Hell no!

Creep and Cougar can choke on their H1's and R series.  I will continue to buy from people like badmike and beyondthebreach who actually give a damn about their customers.  Let the idiots of the world buy from guys like this...eventually they will be burned enough times that they might smarten up.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:40 pm 

KingOfPain wrote:It is too bad people like creep and cougar are still in business.

Yup. I probably don't make nearly as much money as either does doing the same thing, but at least I sleep well at night :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:23 pm 

GraysonAC wrote:
KingOfPain wrote:It is too bad people like creep and cougar are still in business.

Yup. I probably don't make nearly as much money as either does doing the same thing, but at least I sleep well at night :)

Must be tough to get to sleep with all those dragons under your bed! :wink:

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:47 pm 

No no, just one. And my cats keep him in line ;)

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:38 am 

D&D, AD&D SILVER ANNIVERSARY COLLECTORS BOXED SET

Ad&d Box Set | eBay

It's open, the Deep Dwarven Delve AND the TSR History are gone.....

ready for this..... $79.99 or a BIN of $119.95  8O

what a creep  :lol:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:54 pm 

I'd like to nominate myself for being a dumbass - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5237239687

I was afraid I wouldn't be at my computer in the final seconds (lots going on around that time), so I figure $65.57 will surely make certain I win this auction and the auction for MM9:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5237239663

Apparently someone wanted MM9 a bit more than me, and then wanted revenge for my outrageous bid so he jacked me up to my max on MM3.  :(

The worst thing is, I didn't think there was any chance of getting outbid on MM9, and I only wanted MM3 if I got MM9 too!  :(  :(

ah well, somedays you lose.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:56 pm 

Creep got someone to bid on this:

Ad&d Box Set | eBay

"Good, remember that when next we meet. For I have marked you loudmouth and my axe knows the name of your spirit" ~ Druss the Legend

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:58 pm 

Druss-Deathwalker wrote:Creep got someone to bid on this:

D D AD D COLLECTORS SET ENCYCLOPEDIA MAGICA 1 4 N M | eBay

What's wrong with the auction? Looking pretty normal to me.

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:07 pm 

Ralf Toth wrote:
Druss-Deathwalker wrote:Creep got someone to bid on this:

Ad&d Box Set | eBay

Not too high yet, but take a look at his feedback and I am not even refering to coastiemike either. He is really starting to take a beating for slow shipping times. It seems Mr Creep, seems to be selling itmes that he doesn't even own yet, thus the out of stock BS. :roll:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:11 pm 

Ralf Toth wrote:

Ya mean other than the fact it's Creep :) Yuk, Yuk.

But seriously, wasn't the opening bid kind of high for these products?

"Good, remember that when next we meet. For I have marked you loudmouth and my axe knows the name of your spirit" ~ Druss the Legend

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:23 pm 

Well, creep sure has some funny ideas about making the quick $$. But with 2000+ and a 99.6% rate I'd never have checked his feedback before placing a bid. (Not that I bought anything from him.) I think the R/RPGA-modules in his store are not really for selling, more like a show-off (to make him look like a pro who has the good stuff).

I think I paid around $50 for my own set of Encyclopedia Magica, so I hope it's not considered too high  :wink:.

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:34 pm 

I sold a batch of Encyclopedia Magicas myself earlier this year and it seems like I got around $70 for them.  (But I did start them at a buck and had a bit of a bidding war if I remember correctly)  =)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:29 pm 

Frankly, given Creep's selling volume, I'm not surprised his shipping is slow. He's ran more auctions in the last month than most members have run in a year (or ever). Stupid move listing more than you can ship quickly, but an understandable one.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:41 am 

bclarkie wrote:Then again, I guess when you go fishing for idiots you just may find one or two. THis auction is the f*cking stupidest thing that I have ever seen someone buy:

Ad&d Box Set | eBay

How dumb can someone be?! $970.00 for a freakin white box set!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF?!

Amazingly enough, look what is back up in creep1962's store:

Ad&d Box Set | eBay

This time it is for a more reasonable price. :roll:  Oh and here is another one to add to creeps list:

Ad&d Box Set | eBay

ANd to add to the list even further, anyone need the 4 OD&D supplements:

Ad&d Box Set | eBay

Hey they even have the super rare Wizard logos on them.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:22 am 

ANd to add to the list even further, anyone need the 4 OD&D supplements:

http://cgi.ebay.com/D-D-AD-D-ORIGINAL-W ... NTS-x-4_W0 QQitemZ5239156521QQcategoryZ2545QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Did anyone else notice how the Greyhawk Suppliment is tucked further under the next book.   Suspicious? Paranoid?   Maybe, but with his documented history of "upgrading" books after he purchases them.   Call me crazy . . .  :)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:52 pm 

Is it just me or do a couple of the modules that are meant to be in s/w in some kind of other plastic? I guess they could still be in s/w as well, but looks a little odd.

(the middle two on the lower row & the end two on both rows on the left for example seem to be a plastic that is far larger than the modules).

Mount Celestia doesn't want me and Baator's afraid I'll take over.

Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad at the door, Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad, Take one down, they gate in two more, Ninty-nine Blue and Green Slaad at the door...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:48 pm 

I mean...I'm happy to have gotten this much...in fact the guy's already paid...but geesh...these things are beat up...not even any dice or original paperwork...and not like they're in short supply...I was just hoping for $5.00.  :?:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

Maybe not the most ridiculous price of the year, but I was sure suprised!

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 77 of 107123 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 105106107