Silliest auction price of 2004-2005 announced!
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 76 of 107123 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 105106107
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:03 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:I've been a pinball fanatic for 28 years. $700 would be a decent price, but the shipping would add at least $100. Keep in mind, the seller says shipping is the sole responsibility of the winner, so he isn't even going to call the freight company and arrange it for you.

If you really want a D&D machine, most major cities have a vending/amusement place. You might pay a little more, but they can warranty the machine, and they usually are meticulous about shopping out a machine before they sell it.

I haven't seen the D&D one before. I'm actually looking to pick up an Indiana Jones in a month or two.

Oh, Indiana Jones pinball sounds like fun... but I'll need another storage closet to put all of it... and then there's Star Trek pinball too... sigh...

Thanks for the tip on looking for a local pinball/gaming vendor; that sounds like the way to go.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:08 pm 

hey, that went a bit crazy...

eBay UK Item Bid History

(Starstone was fun, too: didn't think it was actually possible to enter a bid the second the auction closed :))

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:25 pm 

Look at this BS:

Guild D: Guitar | eBay

It is beat to hell and it doesnt even have the map included. :roll:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:20 am 

bclarkie wrote:Look at this BS:

Guild D: Guitar | eBay

It is beat to hell and it doesnt even have the map included. :roll:

Looks like that might be someone forcing up a price for Creep.

$60 is pretty crazy if it's a serious bid :(

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:10 am 

deimos3428 wrote:cgi.ebay.ca/advanced-dugeons-and-dragon ... dZViewItem

I hope the seller didn't come to the conclusion that their PHB is "rare" from reading this thread. Just because a minor variant is not listed on Acaeum, does not make it rare. :roll: I've got one of these, I think I paid $7 for it. I'm pretty sure if I went hunting for 9th/10th print variants, I could pick up a few more in short order...

Anyway, I've noticed a few more details:

On a recently acquired 10th, I've noticed some other changes. Comparing it to my "9A":

* the TSR Address on the back cover (next to the angled TSR logo) has been removed

* the spine now reads "by Gary Gygax" and "TSR, Inc." , not "by E. Gary Gygax" and "TSR Hobbies, Inc.".

* the ISBN and product code on the 9A are bold compared with the 10th

Can anyone else confirm these details on any of the 9th variants?

Here is that total freakin genius appletruck292 again trying to sell his super rare 10th printing PHB, this time in a lot:

Dungeons and Dragons Modules | eBay

Boy you gotta love the clear photo and check out that BIN. Just think you only have to spend $500.00 and that rare book that has writing all through it as well as 9 other pieces of sh*t, and it could be all yours. :roll:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:16 am 

bclarkie wrote: Boy you gotta love the clear photo and check out that BIN. Just think you only have to spend $500.00 and that rare book that has writing all through it as well as 9 other pieces of sh*t, and it could be all yours. :roll:

If you squint, you can see the Virgin Mary in the pic...or is it Paul McCartney?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:15 am 

afoolandhis$ wrote:
bclarkie wrote: Boy you gotta love the clear photo and check out that BIN. Just think you only have to spend $500.00 and that rare book that has writing all through it as well as 9 other pieces of sh*t, and it could be all yours. :roll:

If you squint, you can see the Virgin Mary in the pic...or is it Paul McCartney?

Both wrong.  It is Joey Ramone.  And if you look real close you can see Satan with a big sword.  Hold up....that is just the cover of the DMG for chrissakes!  :twisted:  He probably thought it would be cool to take the picture of the items through his aquarium.  I vote we put this guy to the top of the dumbass seller list.  He beats out creep1962 by a long shot at this point.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:50 pm 

I ma seriously starting to think that we need to name a new thread just for this guy. Anyone remeber that Silver Anniversary Box Set that had the $20.00 without the L3 and History of TSR, well here it is again and this time its a bit higher in price:

Ad&d Box Set | eBay

This guy is a feckin moron. :roll:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:13 pm 

... wow. $80, and it's missing the two items that were actually interesting. Yeesh.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:34 pm 

Apparently potential bidders have just stopped looking at seller feedback.  Creep has a similar amount of neutral and negative feedback and they are all for the same things: 1) Extremely slow shipping and 2) Rudeness.  If you look through a good chunk of his feedback there are a lot of positives that say "extremely slow shipping" or "took 3 weeks to get item".  It would be easy to turn a lot of these into neutrals and some even negatives.

His shipping prices on books is ridiculous IMO, his BIN's are outrageous, and he is a jerk to boot.  It is too bad people like creep and cougar are still in business.  But if no one cares how they are treated by the people they buy from, their crappy business practices will continue.  You know both of them probably read these threads but do they give a shit?  Hell no!

Creep and Cougar can choke on their H1's and R series.  I will continue to buy from people like badmike and beyondthebreach who actually give a damn about their customers.  Let the idiots of the world buy from guys like this...eventually they will be burned enough times that they might smarten up.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:40 pm 

KingOfPain wrote:It is too bad people like creep and cougar are still in business.

Yup. I probably don't make nearly as much money as either does doing the same thing, but at least I sleep well at night :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:23 pm 

GraysonAC wrote:
KingOfPain wrote:It is too bad people like creep and cougar are still in business.

Yup. I probably don't make nearly as much money as either does doing the same thing, but at least I sleep well at night :)

Must be tough to get to sleep with all those dragons under your bed! :wink:

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:47 pm 

No no, just one. And my cats keep him in line ;)

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:38 am 

D&D, AD&D SILVER ANNIVERSARY COLLECTORS BOXED SET

Ad&d Box Set | eBay

It's open, the Deep Dwarven Delve AND the TSR History are gone.....

ready for this..... $79.99 or a BIN of $119.95  8O

what a creep  :lol:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:54 pm 

I'd like to nominate myself for being a dumbass - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5237239687

I was afraid I wouldn't be at my computer in the final seconds (lots going on around that time), so I figure $65.57 will surely make certain I win this auction and the auction for MM9:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5237239663

Apparently someone wanted MM9 a bit more than me, and then wanted revenge for my outrageous bid so he jacked me up to my max on MM3.  :(

The worst thing is, I didn't think there was any chance of getting outbid on MM9, and I only wanted MM3 if I got MM9 too!  :(  :(

ah well, somedays you lose.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:56 pm 

Creep got someone to bid on this:

Ad&d Box Set | eBay

"Good, remember that when next we meet. For I have marked you loudmouth and my axe knows the name of your spirit" ~ Druss the Legend

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:58 pm 

Druss-Deathwalker wrote:Creep got someone to bid on this:

D D AD D COLLECTORS SET ENCYCLOPEDIA MAGICA 1 4 N M | eBay

What's wrong with the auction? Looking pretty normal to me.

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:07 pm 

Ralf Toth wrote:
Druss-Deathwalker wrote:Creep got someone to bid on this:

Ad&d Box Set | eBay

What's wrong with the auction? Looking pretty normal to me.

Not too high yet, but take a look at his feedback and I am not even refering to coastiemike either. He is really starting to take a beating for slow shipping times. It seems Mr Creep, seems to be selling itmes that he doesn't even own yet, thus the out of stock BS. :roll:

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 76 of 107123 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 105106107