Silliest auction price of 2004-2005 announced!
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 76 of 107123 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 105106107
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:51 am 

Winterwords wrote:This guy has to be taking the biscuit:

Dungeons and Dragons Adventures | eBay

Rare???

I think, given some of his other asking prices, he's more likely taking the brownies, rather than the biscuits ;)

I'm not sure what's worse, the fact the guy is asking $12 for Stonekeep, or that someone's actually bid on it.

Complete Horse Riding Manual | eBay

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:59 am 

GraysonAC wrote:

I'm not sure what's worse, the fact the guy is asking $12 for Stonekeep, or that someone's actually bid on it.

wow i remember playing that jeez like many years ago - a decent game at the time. i used to get stuck at this particular bit tho - couldnt kill this one monster and so i gave it up in the end after months of trying.

think its somewhat outdated by a long stretch now tho - think it was a MS-DOS only game :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:58 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
GraysonAC wrote:

wow i remember playing that jeez like many years ago - a decent game at the time. i used to get stuck at this particular bit tho - couldnt kill this one monster and so i gave it up in the end after months of trying.

think its somewhat outdated by a long stretch now tho - think it was a MS-DOS only game :D

I have seen older DOS games go for prices I thought were out of line too. I have an inkling that this might end up being an emerging market. As the computer generation gets older and older they will want to relive the games they grew up on. Look at the TV plug in arcade games you buy in the store. They are now making ones that you plug cartridges into just like the old consoles. There is already a market for older Nintendo games and the like.

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:08 am 

Marlith wrote:I have seen older DOS games go for prices I thought were out of line too. I have an inkling that this might end up being an emerging market.

Already is; for example AtariAge - Have You Played Atari Today? (check out the number of links...).

The hardware led the way, though, with prices rocketing in the '90s when people finally cottoned on to the "historical" aspect.

Anyone got a spare Xerox Alto going cheap? *sigh*

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:14 am 

harami2000 wrote:
Marlith wrote:I have seen older DOS games go for prices I thought were out of line too. I have an inkling that this might end up being an emerging market.

Already is; for example AtariAge - Have You Played Atari Today? (check out the number of links...).

The hardware led the way, though, with prices rocketing in the '90s when people finally cottoned on to the "historical" aspect.

Anyone got a spare Xerox Alto going cheap? *sigh*

I knew console games were already there. I have a friend I work with that pays well for copies with boxes and instructions etc. I have not seen as insane prices on computer games yet. But I can see it happening. I went to the point of installing a 5.25 inch drive so I could get the two old SPI DM Assistants converted to CD. Loved those old things.

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:38 am 

Hmm... Will be pinball machines next.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 6204923288

$667 with 12 hours to go

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:45 am 

harami2000 wrote:Hmm... Will be pinball machines next.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 6204923288

$667 with 12 hours to go

I'd love to get a D&D pinball machine if there was one for sale in my local area.  But I have no idea of pinball machine pricing so I'd probably "overpay."  I was thinking anything under $1000 would be reasonable for an excellent condition model... is that too much?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:53 am 

dathon wrote:I was thinking anything under $1000 would be reasonable for an excellent condition model... is that too much?

Sounds like a fairly sensible price to me...  maybe a shade under, if poss.

(But would it be in too good condition to play? ;))

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:58 am 

harami2000 wrote:
dathon wrote:I was thinking anything under $1000 would be reasonable for an excellent condition model... is that too much?

Sounds like a fairly sensible price to me... maybe a shade under, if poss.

(But would it be in too good condition to play? ;))

Nah, I'd have to play a few games so don't make the machine too minty or I'll feel guilty.  

:wink:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:10 pm 

I've been a pinball fanatic for 28 years. $700 would be a decent price, but the shipping would add at least $100. Keep in mind, the seller says shipping is the sole responsibility of the winner, so he isn't even going to call the freight company and arrange it for you.

If you really want a D&D machine, most major cities have a vending/amusement place. You might pay a little more, but they can warranty the machine, and they usually are meticulous about shopping out a machine before they sell it.

I haven't seen the D&D one before. I'm actually looking to pick up an Indiana Jones in a month or two.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:03 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:I've been a pinball fanatic for 28 years. $700 would be a decent price, but the shipping would add at least $100. Keep in mind, the seller says shipping is the sole responsibility of the winner, so he isn't even going to call the freight company and arrange it for you.

If you really want a D&D machine, most major cities have a vending/amusement place. You might pay a little more, but they can warranty the machine, and they usually are meticulous about shopping out a machine before they sell it.

I haven't seen the D&D one before. I'm actually looking to pick up an Indiana Jones in a month or two.

Oh, Indiana Jones pinball sounds like fun... but I'll need another storage closet to put all of it... and then there's Star Trek pinball too... sigh...

Thanks for the tip on looking for a local pinball/gaming vendor; that sounds like the way to go.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:08 pm 

hey, that went a bit crazy...

eBay UK Item Bid History

(Starstone was fun, too: didn't think it was actually possible to enter a bid the second the auction closed :))

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:25 pm 

Look at this BS:

Guild D: Guitar | eBay

It is beat to hell and it doesnt even have the map included. :roll:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:20 am 

bclarkie wrote:Look at this BS:

Guild D: Guitar | eBay

It is beat to hell and it doesnt even have the map included. :roll:

Looks like that might be someone forcing up a price for Creep.

$60 is pretty crazy if it's a serious bid :(

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:10 am 

deimos3428 wrote:cgi.ebay.ca/advanced-dugeons-and-dragon ... dZViewItem

I hope the seller didn't come to the conclusion that their PHB is "rare" from reading this thread. Just because a minor variant is not listed on Acaeum, does not make it rare. :roll: I've got one of these, I think I paid $7 for it. I'm pretty sure if I went hunting for 9th/10th print variants, I could pick up a few more in short order...

Anyway, I've noticed a few more details:

On a recently acquired 10th, I've noticed some other changes. Comparing it to my "9A":

* the TSR Address on the back cover (next to the angled TSR logo) has been removed

* the spine now reads "by Gary Gygax" and "TSR, Inc." , not "by E. Gary Gygax" and "TSR Hobbies, Inc.".

* the ISBN and product code on the 9A are bold compared with the 10th

Can anyone else confirm these details on any of the 9th variants?

Here is that total freakin genius appletruck292 again trying to sell his super rare 10th printing PHB, this time in a lot:

Dungeons and Dragons Modules | eBay

Boy you gotta love the clear photo and check out that BIN. Just think you only have to spend $500.00 and that rare book that has writing all through it as well as 9 other pieces of sh*t, and it could be all yours. :roll:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:16 am 

bclarkie wrote: Boy you gotta love the clear photo and check out that BIN. Just think you only have to spend $500.00 and that rare book that has writing all through it as well as 9 other pieces of sh*t, and it could be all yours. :roll:

If you squint, you can see the Virgin Mary in the pic...or is it Paul McCartney?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:15 am 

afoolandhis$ wrote:
bclarkie wrote: Boy you gotta love the clear photo and check out that BIN. Just think you only have to spend $500.00 and that rare book that has writing all through it as well as 9 other pieces of sh*t, and it could be all yours. :roll:

If you squint, you can see the Virgin Mary in the pic...or is it Paul McCartney?

Both wrong.  It is Joey Ramone.  And if you look real close you can see Satan with a big sword.  Hold up....that is just the cover of the DMG for chrissakes!  :twisted:  He probably thought it would be cool to take the picture of the items through his aquarium.  I vote we put this guy to the top of the dumbass seller list.  He beats out creep1962 by a long shot at this point.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:50 pm 

I ma seriously starting to think that we need to name a new thread just for this guy. Anyone remeber that Silver Anniversary Box Set that had the $20.00 without the L3 and History of TSR, well here it is again and this time its a bit higher in price:

Ad&d Box Set | eBay

This guy is a feckin moron. :roll:

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 76 of 107123 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 105106107