Silliest auction price of 2004-2005 announced!
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 75 of 107123 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 105106107
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:13 am 

Let's not be too critical.  After all, it does matter to the seller how much emotional value an item may have.  Everyone has the right to set a price on giving up old treasures, even if we don't agree with that price.

I would not deal with Cougarrinard...not because he is high priced or possibly unscrupulous.  I would not deal with him because the things he writes in peoples' feedback reports is just so mean and counter-productive.

Anyway.... 8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:27 am 

MShipley88 wrote:I would not deal with Cougarrinard...not because he is high priced or possibly unscrupulous. I would not deal with him because the things he writes in peoples' feedback reports is just so mean and counter-productive.

I was wondering what was all the fuss about retard's feedback, then I read this:

Buyer: Would buy from again, but change the feedback pushing

Reply by cougarrinard: change the feedback dodgeing & I have no need to ask if iem arrived, U happy etc  

Follow-up by keravin: Compare to previous transaction. Your new policy is pushy in the extreme

What a tool :!:

A seller who will piss off a good customer who has purchased from him multiple times.  8O

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:23 pm 

improvstone wrote:
A seller who will piss off a good customer who has purchased from him multiple times. 8O

Yeah, Coug is just not a good person :(    The only positive thing I can think of to his ultra-pushy methods is that he's bound to implode from stress sooner or later and the rest of us will be spared him for a while.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:40 pm 

GraysonAC wrote:
improvstone wrote:
A seller who will piss off a good customer who has purchased from him multiple times. 8O

Yeah, Coug is just not a good person :(  The only positive thing I can think of to his ultra-pushy methods is that he's bound to implode from stress sooner or later and the rest of us will be spared him for a while.

sorry but its one of them intervening moments again - hes not like that with everyone ok? i've always got on great with him and hes never pushed me with anything - and i know i aint the only one.

i am sure that whatever he does - ie. what you see, there must be a good reason for it or he wouldnt do it.

one thing i DO know tho, is that his stuff from max DIDNT arrive. there is no question of that issue.

anyway there we go....back onto more interesting things

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:10 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:i am sure that whatever he does - ie. what you see, there must be a good reason for it or he wouldnt do it.

Defraud the Royal Mail by reusing unpostmarked postage stamps to increase his own profits.

Yup, sounds like a "good reason". (Even if he's stopped doing so, now).

killjoy32 wrote:one thing i DO know tho, is that his stuff from max DIDNT arrive. there is no question of that issue.

Inside line on that one, Al?

Well, your pick of fraudsters, if so...

killjoy32 wrote:anyway there we go....back onto more interesting things

Sounds like a good idea. :)

Enjoy that marathon!

(13 miles was quite enough for me today: way out of form... :()

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:20 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:one thing i DO know tho, is that his stuff from max DIDNT arrive. there is no question of that issue.

Inside line on that one, Al?

Well, your pick of fraudsters, if so...

killjoy32 wrote:anyway there we go....back onto more interesting things

Sounds like a good idea. :)

Enjoy that marathon!

(13 miles was quite enough for me today: way out of form... :()

well i listen, watch and find things out for myself :)

marathons: well i was finally accepted on the marathon so gets REAL serious now! i am currently at about 27-30 miles a week - stepping up slowly and will start wearing other things before long (ie weighted pack etc)...

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:56 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
sorry but its one of them intervening moments again - hes not like that with everyone ok? i've always got on great with him and hes never pushed me with anything - and i know i aint the only one.

I dealt with him exactly once myself. He was a pushy jackarse to me, and I'm a really, really forgiving buyer when it comes to delays and problems. I paid for my order, then had a dispute thread opened for it, then had to play email tag to get things straightened out, and then had the standard barrage of "plz leave feedback now now now now" while my order was en route. All in all, one of the most frustrating buys I've ever done.

one thing i DO know tho, is that his stuff from max DIDNT arrive. there is no question of that issue.

Of that I have no doubt. Coug is a wanker, imo, but Max is a pile of ambulatory crap.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:09 pm 

I bought a few items from Coug way back (maybe even before he was a Titanuim power seller :wink: )  and aside from high shipping from the island over the sea everything went OK.  I won't buy from him now (not that he has anything I want anyways) after seeing all the bad notes about him here.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:10 pm 

I have to say that all of my Ebay experiences so far have been really positive.

Only once have I had to remind a seller that his item was late, and then it was sent right away....with a smile and with no whining.

I try to hold up my end by paying right away and with positive communication.  

Sooner or later I will probably get burned...but I guess that risk is a part of doing business online.

8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:12 am 

This guy has to be taking the biscuit:

Dungeons and Dragons Adventures | eBay

Rare???

Mount Celestia doesn't want me and Baator's afraid I'll take over.

Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad at the door, Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad, Take one down, they gate in two more, Ninty-nine Blue and Green Slaad at the door...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:51 am 

Winterwords wrote:This guy has to be taking the biscuit:

Dungeons and Dragons Adventures | eBay

Rare???

I think, given some of his other asking prices, he's more likely taking the brownies, rather than the biscuits ;)

I'm not sure what's worse, the fact the guy is asking $12 for Stonekeep, or that someone's actually bid on it.

Complete Horse Riding Manual | eBay

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:59 am 

GraysonAC wrote:

I'm not sure what's worse, the fact the guy is asking $12 for Stonekeep, or that someone's actually bid on it.

wow i remember playing that jeez like many years ago - a decent game at the time. i used to get stuck at this particular bit tho - couldnt kill this one monster and so i gave it up in the end after months of trying.

think its somewhat outdated by a long stretch now tho - think it was a MS-DOS only game :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:58 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
GraysonAC wrote:

wow i remember playing that jeez like many years ago - a decent game at the time. i used to get stuck at this particular bit tho - couldnt kill this one monster and so i gave it up in the end after months of trying.

think its somewhat outdated by a long stretch now tho - think it was a MS-DOS only game :D

I have seen older DOS games go for prices I thought were out of line too. I have an inkling that this might end up being an emerging market. As the computer generation gets older and older they will want to relive the games they grew up on. Look at the TV plug in arcade games you buy in the store. They are now making ones that you plug cartridges into just like the old consoles. There is already a market for older Nintendo games and the like.

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:08 am 

Marlith wrote:I have seen older DOS games go for prices I thought were out of line too. I have an inkling that this might end up being an emerging market.

Already is; for example AtariAge - Have You Played Atari Today? (check out the number of links...).

The hardware led the way, though, with prices rocketing in the '90s when people finally cottoned on to the "historical" aspect.

Anyone got a spare Xerox Alto going cheap? *sigh*

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:14 am 

harami2000 wrote:
Marlith wrote:I have seen older DOS games go for prices I thought were out of line too. I have an inkling that this might end up being an emerging market.

Already is; for example AtariAge - Have You Played Atari Today? (check out the number of links...).

The hardware led the way, though, with prices rocketing in the '90s when people finally cottoned on to the "historical" aspect.

Anyone got a spare Xerox Alto going cheap? *sigh*

I knew console games were already there. I have a friend I work with that pays well for copies with boxes and instructions etc. I have not seen as insane prices on computer games yet. But I can see it happening. I went to the point of installing a 5.25 inch drive so I could get the two old SPI DM Assistants converted to CD. Loved those old things.

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:38 am 

Hmm... Will be pinball machines next.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 6204923288

$667 with 12 hours to go

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:45 am 

harami2000 wrote:Hmm... Will be pinball machines next.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 6204923288

$667 with 12 hours to go

I'd love to get a D&D pinball machine if there was one for sale in my local area.  But I have no idea of pinball machine pricing so I'd probably "overpay."  I was thinking anything under $1000 would be reasonable for an excellent condition model... is that too much?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:53 am 

dathon wrote:I was thinking anything under $1000 would be reasonable for an excellent condition model... is that too much?

Sounds like a fairly sensible price to me...  maybe a shade under, if poss.

(But would it be in too good condition to play? ;))

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 75 of 107123 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 105106107