Silliest auction price of 2004-2005 announced!
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 75 of 107123 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 105106107
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:18 am 

harami2000 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Aside: The bidder who actually won this auction won an auction a few months ago that also raised some eyebrows:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5186939431

I am sure most of you remember this auction, because it had the seemingly hidden(or so me and deimos thought :oops: ) 1st print DMG in Near Mint condition. It also had a real nice condition 2nd print PHB.

Hmm... yet another overbid auction that Stephen still failed to win... :(

Like I said, rapidly becoming the story of my life.

Anyway, I think one of the factors that drove up the final sales price on this auction was the statement that the seller was the original owner, and that the book had never been used.  Certainly sounds like good provenance, and would make for a minty copy.  Let's just hope the buyer isn't disappointed to find a large scrawled 11-yr old's name inside the front cover.

By the way, the near-mint 1st print MM that I picked up for $10 was obtained at Bookman's in Tucson.  I also snagged a very nice Deities & Demigods with the Chaosium acknowledgment for $10, and a 1st PHB for the same price.  That seemed to be their max price for just about all of the AD&D stuff they had in stock.  Thank you Paul (BTB), for the tip!  They had a TON of stuff, including many, many Dragons under #100.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:08 pm 

This one gave me a chuckle

Dungeons and Dragons Basic Set | eBay

Considering a $.99 "best offer"..... :)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:13 pm 

seeyouinescrow wrote:This one gave me a chuckle

Yeah, and I wonder where those "images on the left" came from?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:25 pm 

The question....

You seem to have put $75.00 instead of $7.50 into the Buy It Now price on eBay. If you correct the error, I'll consider it.

Wonder if he'll fix his auction? :lol:

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:26 pm 

Shipping is $10, does ebay allow "Negative" best offers?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:12 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
slydeshadowdart wrote:Don't know if anyone's seen this one yet, but I offer:

2nd Edition Dungeon and Dragons Books | eBay

What a steal!!

My question...

"I've been looking for these amazingly rare books for years. If you start your auction at 99 cents and put a BIN of $14.99 you might get a bidder. Although these are clearly highly valuable to you, the world is only buying the books, not your nostalgic love affair with them."

Wonder if I'll get a response?

Interesting buying history. 8O :lol:

Ian, looks like your question did a little bid of damage to her confidence, as she has reduced her price considerably. It is still far from reasonable, but it is much better than it was. :lol:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:05 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:
slydeshadowdart wrote:Don't know if anyone's seen this one yet, but I offer:

Second Edition Dungeons and Dragons Books NR Used | eBay

What a steal!!

Well, at least the seller was nice enough to offer the low rate of $16 for shipping?  :?

The photography on that one is interesting also.  The 3 GIANT books and the 2 tiny books.  =)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:39 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
mbassoc2003 wrote:

My question...

"I've been looking for these amazingly rare books for years. If you start your auction at 99 cents and put a BIN of $14.99 you might get a bidder. Although these are clearly highly valuable to you, the world is only buying the books, not your nostalgic love affair with them."

Wonder if I'll get a response?

Interesting buying history. 8O :lol:

Ian, looks like your question did a little bid of damage to her confidence, as she has reduced her price considerably. It is still far from reasonable, but it is much better than it was. :lol:

Damn, it looks like she changed the auction again. Now she added 2 more books and bumped the auction price back up. What a feckin moron. :roll:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:13 am 

Let's not be too critical.  After all, it does matter to the seller how much emotional value an item may have.  Everyone has the right to set a price on giving up old treasures, even if we don't agree with that price.

I would not deal with Cougarrinard...not because he is high priced or possibly unscrupulous.  I would not deal with him because the things he writes in peoples' feedback reports is just so mean and counter-productive.

Anyway.... 8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:27 am 

MShipley88 wrote:I would not deal with Cougarrinard...not because he is high priced or possibly unscrupulous. I would not deal with him because the things he writes in peoples' feedback reports is just so mean and counter-productive.

I was wondering what was all the fuss about retard's feedback, then I read this:

Buyer: Would buy from again, but change the feedback pushing

Reply by cougarrinard: change the feedback dodgeing & I have no need to ask if iem arrived, U happy etc  

Follow-up by keravin: Compare to previous transaction. Your new policy is pushy in the extreme

What a tool :!:

A seller who will piss off a good customer who has purchased from him multiple times.  8O

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:23 pm 

improvstone wrote:
A seller who will piss off a good customer who has purchased from him multiple times. 8O

Yeah, Coug is just not a good person :(    The only positive thing I can think of to his ultra-pushy methods is that he's bound to implode from stress sooner or later and the rest of us will be spared him for a while.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:40 pm 

GraysonAC wrote:
improvstone wrote:
A seller who will piss off a good customer who has purchased from him multiple times. 8O

Yeah, Coug is just not a good person :(  The only positive thing I can think of to his ultra-pushy methods is that he's bound to implode from stress sooner or later and the rest of us will be spared him for a while.

sorry but its one of them intervening moments again - hes not like that with everyone ok? i've always got on great with him and hes never pushed me with anything - and i know i aint the only one.

i am sure that whatever he does - ie. what you see, there must be a good reason for it or he wouldnt do it.

one thing i DO know tho, is that his stuff from max DIDNT arrive. there is no question of that issue.

anyway there we go....back onto more interesting things

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:10 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:i am sure that whatever he does - ie. what you see, there must be a good reason for it or he wouldnt do it.

Defraud the Royal Mail by reusing unpostmarked postage stamps to increase his own profits.

Yup, sounds like a "good reason". (Even if he's stopped doing so, now).

killjoy32 wrote:one thing i DO know tho, is that his stuff from max DIDNT arrive. there is no question of that issue.

Inside line on that one, Al?

Well, your pick of fraudsters, if so...

killjoy32 wrote:anyway there we go....back onto more interesting things

Sounds like a good idea. :)

Enjoy that marathon!

(13 miles was quite enough for me today: way out of form... :()

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:20 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:one thing i DO know tho, is that his stuff from max DIDNT arrive. there is no question of that issue.

Inside line on that one, Al?

Well, your pick of fraudsters, if so...

killjoy32 wrote:anyway there we go....back onto more interesting things

Sounds like a good idea. :)

Enjoy that marathon!

(13 miles was quite enough for me today: way out of form... :()

well i listen, watch and find things out for myself :)

marathons: well i was finally accepted on the marathon so gets REAL serious now! i am currently at about 27-30 miles a week - stepping up slowly and will start wearing other things before long (ie weighted pack etc)...

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:56 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
sorry but its one of them intervening moments again - hes not like that with everyone ok? i've always got on great with him and hes never pushed me with anything - and i know i aint the only one.

I dealt with him exactly once myself. He was a pushy jackarse to me, and I'm a really, really forgiving buyer when it comes to delays and problems. I paid for my order, then had a dispute thread opened for it, then had to play email tag to get things straightened out, and then had the standard barrage of "plz leave feedback now now now now" while my order was en route. All in all, one of the most frustrating buys I've ever done.

one thing i DO know tho, is that his stuff from max DIDNT arrive. there is no question of that issue.

Of that I have no doubt. Coug is a wanker, imo, but Max is a pile of ambulatory crap.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:09 pm 

I bought a few items from Coug way back (maybe even before he was a Titanuim power seller :wink: )  and aside from high shipping from the island over the sea everything went OK.  I won't buy from him now (not that he has anything I want anyways) after seeing all the bad notes about him here.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:10 pm 

I have to say that all of my Ebay experiences so far have been really positive.

Only once have I had to remind a seller that his item was late, and then it was sent right away....with a smile and with no whining.

I try to hold up my end by paying right away and with positive communication.  

Sooner or later I will probably get burned...but I guess that risk is a part of doing business online.

8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:12 am 

This guy has to be taking the biscuit:

Dungeons and Dragons Adventures | eBay

Rare???

Mount Celestia doesn't want me and Baator's afraid I'll take over.

Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad at the door, Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad, Take one down, they gate in two more, Ninty-nine Blue and Green Slaad at the door...

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 75 of 107123 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 105106107