Silliest auction price of 2004-2005 announced!
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 72 of 107123 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 105106107
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:09 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
Winterwords wrote:getting the Gaz series - shop around, you can still get them in s/w from some websites & at more reasonable prices.

my biz mate has a load of gazetteers in EX/M and SW condition, but i dunno what he has or how much he is wanting for them. there might be some on the site - not sure...

Ohh.. could you find out how much he wants for them? PM me, thanks :)

Mount Celestia doesn't want me and Baator's afraid I'll take over.

Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad at the door, Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad, Take one down, they gate in two more, Ninty-nine Blue and Green Slaad at the door...

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:54 am 

Winterwords wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:
my biz mate has a load of gazetteers in EX/M and SW condition, but i dunno what he has or how much he is wanting for them. there might be some on the site - not sure...

Ohh.. could you find out how much he wants for them? PM me, thanks :)

I don't want to disturb you but ... I'd be very interested in Gazetteers too(exspecially SW) ...

If it is possible, waiting for my turn, of course, I'd be glad to receive informations, Alan.

Thank you in any case

Giorgio

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:29 am 

Man, I defended Creep as just trying to make an honest buck (albeit an optimistic one) at the beginning, but holy crap, he's gone completely off the deep end.

The only thing he's still got even vaguely reasonably priced is the plastic D&D miniatures.[/i]

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:08 am 

This is just ridiculous.

cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a ... T&rd=1

Why? This is why. And strangely enough, he's bid on both, so he should know better.  :roll:

cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a ... T&rd=1

Edit:  It occurs to me that this won't make any sense if the bidding changes.  The second auction, ending sooner, is 1/3 the price of the first.  I just don't get this "strategy"...

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:03 pm 

KingOfPain wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Then again, I guess when you go fishing for idiots you just may find one or two. THis auction is the f*cking stupidest thing that I have ever seen someone buy:

Ad&d Box Set | eBay

How dumb can someone be?! $970.00 for a freakin white box set!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF?!

Jeez, at this rate I could sell my beat-to-hell OCE and live comfortably for the next decade. This guy is some piece of work. You would think people would stay away from his auctions simply because of his crappy Ebay handle. I'd rather buy from someone named "gerbilluvr69" than creep1962. On second thought, I'll just keep buying from Badmike. :? :P
[/quote]

I guess Creep's strategy is that he just needs to make ONE overpriced sale a week to make his nut...except that what he's got going out isn't equalling what he has coming in.  Off the top of my head, I can think of two or three ebay retailers that have attempted this strategy and had it backfired on them the last few years.  You just can't corner the market on rares and expect to make a huge profit.  How many H1's has Cougar Retard bought and have yet to sell anywhere near the price he paid for them?

And King, funny you should mention Creeps name, as my ebay handle "Badmike" has been derided before. Early in my selling career I had a friend who was a career/entertainment consultant tell me over lunch I should change my ebay name, because no one was going to buy anything from someone named "Badmike" since the word had negative connottations.  Over 10,000 sales and 5300 positive feedbacks later, I'd like to officially tell the career consultant to shove it up his ass  :twisted:

Mike B.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:10 pm 

GraysonAC wrote:Man, I defended Creep as just trying to make an honest buck (albeit an optimistic one) at the beginning, but holy crap, he's gone completely off the deep end.

Certainly has a distorting effect on prices/expectations, although perhaps the more extreme examples tend to be (thankfully) ignored by most people.

Is way too easy just to focus on the high numbers without thinking through logically...

For example, if an item sells for $260, what should the next one sell for?

If the underbids were $250 and $130, the answer should be $132.50.

Unless everyone goes "wow! paradigm shift; it's (now) 'worth' $260" or the previous winning bidder pushes the price to defend their investment (or other people do that, consciously or not, now thinking it's 'worth' $260).

It helps, too, if the first underbidder is more desperate to obtain the item next time around...

With BINs it's even worse, since it only takes one person to go "I'll have that for $970". :roll:

JMO, of course. ;)

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:37 pm 

Can't exactly say the buyer is a beacon of honesty.

"Nice" feedback . . . all sales are private.  :?

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:45 pm 

Badmike wrote:
KingOfPain wrote:

Jeez, at this rate I could sell my beat-to-hell OCE and live comfortably for the next decade. This guy is some piece of work. You would think people would stay away from his auctions simply because of his crappy Ebay handle. I'd rather buy from someone named "gerbilluvr69" than creep1962. On second thought, I'll just keep buying from Badmike. :? :P

I guess Creep's strategy is that he just needs to make ONE overpriced sale a week to make his nut...except that what he's got going out isn't equalling what he has coming in. Off the top of my head, I can think of two or three ebay retailers that have attempted this strategy and had it backfired on them the last few years. You just can't corner the market on rares and expect to make a huge profit. How many H1's has Cougar Retard bought and have yet to sell anywhere near the price he paid for them?

And King, funny you should mention Creeps name, as my ebay handle "Badmike" has been derided before. Early in my selling career I had a friend who was a career/entertainment consultant tell me over lunch I should change my ebay name, because no one was going to buy anything from someone named "Badmike" since the word had negative connottations. Over 10,000 sales and 5300 positive feedbacks later, I'd like to officially tell the career consultant to shove it up his ass :twisted:

Mike B.[/quote]

Glad you caught my joke there.  :wink:

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:01 pm 

Am I missing something here?

Dungeons and Dragons TSR | eBay

or here?

Ad&d Character Sheets | eBay

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:23 pm 

Marlith wrote:Am I missing something here?

Dungeons and Dragons TSR | eBay

or here?

Ad&d Character Sheets | eBay

Yes I think frank9165 ( 4 ) is shilling both.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:47 pm 

Check out what creep has left for others around the 17th August. Either creep messed with the wrong person, or coastiemike is one to avoid.

Mount Celestia doesn't want me and Baator's afraid I'll take over.

Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad at the door, Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad, Take one down, they gate in two more, Ninty-nine Blue and Green Slaad at the door...

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:05 pm 

BTW, does anybody know which printing of Chainmail the burnie brothers just sold for over $700?  I know it's the 2nd edition, but was it a first or second printing of that edition?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:34 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:

BTW, does anybody know which printing of Chainmail the burnie brothers just sold for over $700?  I know it's the 2nd edition, but was it a first or second printing of that edition?

I was wondering that myself. ….It looks like the smother covered 2nd printing, but I could be wrong.  :roll:

"Its either a wand to cast Bigby's Hand spells or a +3 backscratcher. We're not sure which."

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:43 pm 

invincibleoverlord wrote:afoolandhis$ wrote:

BTW, does anybody know which printing of Chainmail the burnie brothers just sold for over $700? I know it's the 2nd edition, but was it a first or second printing of that edition?

I was wondering that myself. ….It looks like the smother covered 2nd printing, but I could be wrong. :roll:

That's what it looked like to me, too, after comparing it to the one I've got on my shelf...

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:55 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:
invincibleoverlord wrote:afoolandhis$ wrote:

I was wondering that myself. ….It looks like the smother covered 2nd printing, but I could be wrong. :roll:

That's what it looked like to me, too, after comparing it to the one I've got on my shelf...

The texturing isn't particularly obvious on the first print (presumably the same cardstock as the early 2nd?) and am not sure that lighting would help to clarify the matter.

Would require Burnie Bros. or Paul to confirm, but must admit the thought hadn't particularly crossed my mind.

(The Acaeum listings do split "printings" by cover differences alone...).

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:06 pm 

harami2000 wrote:The texturing isn't particularly obvious on the first print (presumably the same cardstock as the early 2nd?) and am not sure that lighting would help to clarify the matter.

Yeah, good points, David.  Maybe the buyer knows something we don't?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:12 pm 

afoolandhis$ wrote:Maybe the buyer knows something we don't?

Aside from knowing he has a deeper wallet than most of us? :D

Yeah, I'm no "expert" on 2nd Chains... :roll: Image

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:20 pm 

I wonder about Creep1962.  Is he just a bad businessman?  Is he just un-learned about gaming materials and collections.

Surely he must know that millions of gaming items were published worldwide.  Surely he must know that he cannot corner such a markety simply by buying stuff on Ebay.  Surely he must know that to buy dear and sell low is not good business.

Or, does he?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 72 of 107123 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 105106107