Silliest auction price of 2004-2005 announced!
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 71 of 107123 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 105106107
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:07 pm 

bbarsh wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

These are getting out of control.

Rising prices are a pain, but don't they help some of you guys who have it all...by raising the prices of your stash?   :wink:

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:52 pm 

Like I said...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:35 pm 

I know it might be a little over the top but I am thinking those were $9 to $13 dollar modules when they came out. If they were put out today they would be probably $25 to $30 dollars, three quarters the size and one quarter as useful (and nowhere as near as good cover art). Given they will most likely never be reprinted and that they did get used (so a good many have been trashed through use) I would have to think the price is not too far out there though say $28 would be a more reasonable price.

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:19 am 

improvstone wrote:
burntwire wrote:We never expected it to sell for that much. Our reserve was only $20 and at the time had figured it was unavailable except at GenCon Indy(as the cover states). Goodman shouldn't sell them on their site. Oh well, we will be sure to throw in some goodies from GenCon when we ship it. On the plus side these usually skyrocket in value. I wonder what the print run is? It may be worth it to purchase as many as you can from Goodman.

hmm ... but you did find out that your auction description was missleading well prior to the auctions end. I would have expected that, as a seller who we hold in high esteem, you would have updated your description.

We have contacted Dathon and are refunding his payment.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:12 am 

burntwire wrote:

My hat is off to you ... once again you prove your reputation as a great seller.  

Keep up the good work  :!:  :!:  :!:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:11 am 

burntwire wrote:

Most impressive.   8)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:25 am 

Marlith wrote:
I know it might be a little over the top but I am thinking those were $9 to $13 dollar modules when they came out. If they were put out today they would be probably $25 to $30 dollars, three quarters the size and one quarter as useful (and nowhere as near as good cover art). Given they will most likely never be reprinted and that they did get used (so a good many have been trashed through use) I would have to think the price is not too far out there though say $28 would be a more reasonable price.

One day I hope to replace my Gaz series that are in "much loved" condition and looking at most auctions, this is about the upper price to pay for ones that are in good/near mint condition. Because of their format, the covers unfortunately are quite easily creased, ripped etc. Some of Gaz series are of top notch gaming material.

Saving up for my trip to visit family & friends in the States in Feb at the moment though, so after the auctions I'm bidding on end today, I'm off ebay for a while :(

Mount Celestia doesn't want me and Baator's afraid I'll take over.

Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad at the door, Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad, Take one down, they gate in two more, Ninty-nine Blue and Green Slaad at the door...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:00 am 

burntwire wrote:We have contacted Dathon and are refunding his payment.

Great, now my acquisition isn't nearly as fun. :cry:

Seriously, though: a very nice gesture. I don't think I'd have done the same. Caveat emptor and all that.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein
http://www.dungeonsdeepdesigns.com

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:24 am 

DnDGeek wrote:
Seriously, though: a very nice gesture. I don't think I'd have done the same. Caveat emptor and all that.

i would have done that - Dathon is a cool person to deal with, as are the Burnie Bros. have great respect for both and they are respected just as well here too - i think its the perfect gesture under the circumstances.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:34 pm 

burntwire wrote:
improvstone wrote:

hmm ... but you did find out that your auction description was missleading well prior to the auctions end. I would have expected that, as a seller who we hold in high esteem, you would have updated your description.

Class acts and one of the reasons I love dealing with guys from this forum!

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:05 pm 

I think we may have to start a brand new thread just for Creep 1962:

D D AD D SILVER ANNIVERSARY COLLECTORS BOXED SET | eBay

$240.00 for a Silver Anniversary Box set?!:evil: :evil: And if thats not enough, he is charging almost $20.00 for shipping. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Then of course there are these, all not only with just ass hole prices, but totally preposterous shipping costs:

eBay

Ad&d Lot: Dungeons & Dragons | eBay

eBay

Ad&d Battlesystem: Games | eBay

eBay

Ad&d Box Set | eBay

Ad&d Battlesystem: Games | eBay

AD D D D S1 4 REALMS OF HORROR Rare VERY FINE | eBay

D D AD D COLLECTOR SET DA1 DA4 RARE NM MINT | eBay

eBay

Ad&d Box Set | eBay

Dungeons Dragons Collector's Set | eBay

Ad&d Box Set | eBay

Ad&d Box Set | eBay

D&D Miniatures Complete Set | eBay

Ad&d Box Set | eBay

D D WRATH of the IMMORTALS BOXED SET EXCELLENT NM | eBay

Ad&d Forgotten Realms | eBay

These of course are almost freaking bargains when you compare them to the ones already previous mentioned:

and the GRAND FINALLY:

R&D Bowl: Parts & Accessories | eBay

:evil: :roll: :evil: :roll: :evil: :roll: :evil: :roll: :evil:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:23 pm 

Then again, I guess when you go fishing for idiots you just may find one or two. THis auction is the f*cking stupidest thing that I have ever seen someone buy:

Ad&d Box Set | eBay

How dumb can someone be?! $970.00 for a freakin white box set!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF?!

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:15 pm 

I detect a strong possibility that the buyer was Creep1962 himself, using an old name.

Check out the feedback for the buyer..."mertwig-something."

Creep1962 is in for some bad news.  His plan will not work so long as anyone else is selling AD&D items.

Still, he is wrecking things for others until he goes under.   :cry:

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:31 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:I detect a strong possibility that the buyer was Creep1962 himself, using an old name.

Check out the feedback for the buyer..."mertwig-something."

Creep1962 is in for some bad news. His plan will not work so long as anyone else is selling AD&D items.

Still, he is wrecking things for others until he goes under.  :cry:

mertwigs-market has nice feedback, too.

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:01 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Then again, I guess when you go fishing for idiots you just may find one or two. THis auction is the f*cking stupidest thing that I have ever seen someone buy:

Ad&d Box Set | eBay

How dumb can someone be?! $970.00 for a freakin white box set!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF?!

Jeez, at this rate I could sell my beat-to-hell OCE and live comfortably for the next decade.  This guy is some piece of work.  You would think people would stay away from his auctions simply because of his crappy Ebay handle.  I'd rather buy from someone named "gerbilluvr69" than creep1962.  On second thought, I'll just keep buying from Badmike.  :?  :P [/quote]

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:23 am 

bclarkie wrote: Ad&d Box Set | eBay

*blinks*. I think I spotted that, Brian.

OK, if the crazy, erm, buyer, wants a "get out of jail" card he's theoretically covered by creep's PayPal protection and/or a chargeback.

creep1962 wrote:(books of course say 74, this set appears to be the 4th printing)

Is, of course, a totally untrue statement from a clueless seller.

The 4th print is dated 1975 (and, indeed, (c) 1975 in M&M) as we all know, no? At best, 5th print books, presuming that's not just 6th+ print in an older box. The ref. sheets should've given it away, if nothing else...

aside: @Scott. As I've already requested, since you agreed to do so, please get rid of the deceptive 4th-/4th printing descriptions from The Acaeum listing.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:10 am 

bbarsh wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

These are getting out of control.

Hmm.. as I said previously, some of the Gaz series (like the Five Shires or Dwarves of Rockhome) I would expect to pay more than say $20-$30 for but this one isn't one of them (maybe in s/w).

*drools*

I guess I'm just a sucker for Known World stuff.

If anyone is thinking about getting the Gaz series - shop around, you can still get them in s/w from some websites & at more reasonable prices.

Mount Celestia doesn't want me and Baator's afraid I'll take over.

Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad at the door, Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad, Take one down, they gate in two more, Ninty-nine Blue and Green Slaad at the door...

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:06 am 

Winterwords wrote:getting the Gaz series - shop around, you can still get them in s/w from some websites & at more reasonable prices.

my biz mate has a load of gazetteers in EX/M and SW condition, but i dunno what he has or how much he is wanting for them. there might be some on the site - not sure...

Al

ps good material tho - have a enjoyed a good thumb thru a few of them i have to say. not my thing really but good material nonetheless.

Are we nearly there yet?

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 71 of 107123 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 105106107