Silliest auction price of 2004-2005 announced!
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 70 of 107123 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 105106107
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:24 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:

8O 8O 8O :D

that was nearly as bad as some of the other things he has up:

D D Miniatures HARBINGER COMPLETE SET sealed Rare | eBay

AD D D D S1 4 REALMS OF HORROR MINT S W | eBay

The Realms of Horror price is retarded, but the Harbinger set is not. That's actually quite a fair price for the full, sealed, Harbinger set. A lot of the rares from that set are worth $20-40.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:42 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
DnDGeek wrote:eBay

Make sure you ask about combined shipping if you buy more than one item from this guy, though. You wouldn't want to pay an extra $2 or $3 shipping, especially after you overpaid about $400 for the item!

8O 8O 8O :D

that was nearly as bad as some of the other things he has up:

D&D Miniatures Complete Set | eBay

Ad&d Forgotten Realms | eBay

Sheesh. I could go down to my local used book store and pick up the Realms of Horror for 20 bucks.

~Clangador
---------------

Black Blade Publishing imprint of OSRIC is not only the most definitive printing of OSRIC to date, but also the single greatest resource for old school gamers since the three original hardbacks written by E. Gary Gygax.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:21 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWA:IT

I got mine for $9.99 + 99¢ shipping from Goodman Games.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein
http://www.dungeonsdeepdesigns.com

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:44 pm 

DnDGeek wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWA:IT

404 Not Found

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:51 pm 

harami2000 wrote:

404 Not Found

Looks like the burnie bros effect took hold big time today. 8O

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:01 pm 

Yea!! I just bought the same module for $10.99 plus shipping. Maybe I should have bought 10. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

And and to add to the silly burnie bros auctions today, how about $48.00 for 6th print Greyhak Supp:

Greyhawk OD D supplement 1 c 1977 TSR | eBay

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:17 pm 

They still have it for sale in their online store for $9.99.  

404 Not Found

I retracted my bid on that auction when I found that out.  Why on Earth wouldn't those bidders at least check to see if the module was still available??

I emailed Burntwire when I retracted my bid, letting him know why.  I personally think he should have amended his auction description, since he states that it was "only available at GenCon 2005", and then discovered that wasn't true. Not a big deal though, as it SHOULD have only been available at GenCon 2005, and the bidders are responsible for knowing what they're bidding on.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:19 pm 

bclarkie wrote:And and to add to the silly burnie bros auctions today, how about $48.00 for 6th print Greyhak Supp:

Greyhawk OD D supplement 1 c 1977 TSR | eBay

*checks to make sure that's not one of us*

Oh, I forgot to check that.

A couple of dollars more than those three (stated) first print supplements together, as mentioned before; http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5229952611 :roll:

I was too busy looking at the 3rd ed/2nd print Chainmail.

Good; one less competitor for next time... ;)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:41 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Yea!! I just bought the same module for $10.99 plus shipping. Maybe I should have bought 10. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

LOL; I was thinking the same thing.  Great minds...you know.  :wink:

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein
http://www.dungeonsdeepdesigns.com

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:48 pm 

DnDGeek wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Yea!! I just bought the same module for $10.99 plus shipping. Maybe I should have bought 10. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

LOL; I was thinking the same thing. Great minds...you know. :wink:

Heh, if we do that though we might both be able to afford to go after the next 2nd edition Chainmail, :wink:

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:51 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Heh, if we do that though we might both be able to afford to go after the next 2nd edition Chainmail, :wink:

*hastily prints off a color scan to wrap around my photocopied version*

Any takers? :P

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:21 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
DnDGeek wrote:

LOL; I was thinking the same thing. Great minds...you know. :wink:

Heh, if we do that though we might both be able to afford to go after the next 2nd edition Chainmail, :wink:

This little group has gone absolutely mad  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

Lets look at the facts:

1. Stormer & A2Jeff have now redefined the est price for 2nd print Chainmails by nearly double. Note even my arch enemy bill77197719 (hey Bill!) was smart enough not to take it above $425

offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBid ... 5234024461

2. Visionsasia and a2jeff have set a new record for a percentage increase on a single item which is still available from the vendor (nearly 800% increase)

eBay.com Item Bid History

3. Dathon is trying to set a new record for a Pre-Pub R3 by starting an auction $500 above the est value. (Not forgeting of course that Dathon = visionasia = member of valuation board)

http://www.acaeum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2625

4. mark11777 and a2jeff are now charging into new price territory for a TSOJCONTH

offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBid ... :MEBI:BIDN

Conclusions:

1. Gencon is the only place to buy rares at a respectable price. Frank, reserve me a seat in the front row for 2006.

2. Stormber is making far too much off his auctions  :wink:

3. Our esteemed valuation board need to re-evaluate

4. How big is the bubble now and is it likely to burst and if so when?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:51 pm 

We never expected it to sell for that much. Our reserve was only $20 and at the time had figured it was unavailable except at GenCon Indy(as the cover states). Goodman shouldn't sell them on their site. Oh well, we will be sure to throw in some goodies from GenCon when we ship it. On the plus side these usually skyrocket in value. I wonder what the print run is? It may be worth it to purchase as many as you can from Goodman.

BTW: At GenCon we had to pick through the stack to find copies without significant spine damage. The covers tended to split when they folded them at the factory.  If anyone buys from Goodman's site post here on what condition they are in.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:00 pm 

burntwire wrote:We never expected it to sell for that much. Our reserve was only $20 and at the time had figured it was unavailable except at GenCon Indy(as the cover states). Goodman shouldn't sell them on their site. Oh well, we will be sure to throw in some goodies from GenCon when we ship it. On the plus side these usually skyrocket in value. I wonder what the print run is? It may be worth it to purchase as many as you can from Goodman.

hmm ... but you did find out that your auction description was missleading well prior to the auctions end.  I would have expected that, as a seller who we hold in high esteem, you would have updated your description.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:16 pm 

improvstone wrote:4. How big is the bubble now and is it likely to burst and if so when?

imnsho...

1970s materials are going to keep going up. Original manuscripts, pre-pubs, & olde verifiable TSR line-printer outputs likewise. Some of those mss are going cheap as yet, and they have incredible potential -- especially if I succeed in engineering NAGA, the North American Game Archives, which will take all it can get (and may get enough funding to outbid y'all on 'em  :wink:  ).

1970s/80s obscurities from basement shops and minor publishers will continue to rise as they have been, tho praps not with as steep a curve as we've seen on some lately.

1980s printed product will taper off to a modest ROI, I think.

Oh, and watch for pre-TSR foundation materials that contributed to the rise of the hobby... that's an underrated area that will gain credit from proper historical data accumulation & analysis. You never run across the mimeographed Domesday Books that contained Chainmail v 1 etc, in part 'cause nobody realizes they're worth anything. Early wargame stuff (I know, not up your alley but...) may also rocket, and ditto Scruby miniatures and other '50s pieces.

I pioneered the data collection on 1975-82 TSR pieces back at the GenCon auction 1983-86 and later, and the value changes have reflected that information somewhat... but I doubt that we'll see notable differences between the 5th & 6th printings of the DMG (for one) just because of your itemization of their characteristics.  :roll:

F

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:30 pm 

ExTSR wrote:...especially if I succeed in engineering NAGA, the North American Game Archives, which will take all it can get (and may get enough funding to outbid y'all on 'em :wink: ).

*lol*. Pull in donations so you can outbid the donors. Go for it, I say! :D

ExTSR wrote:Early wargame stuff (I know, not up your alley but...) may also rocket, and ditto Scruby miniatures and other '50s pieces.

The really early stuff doesn't seem to have gone anywhere recently, judging by UK prices I remember from back in the early/mid 80s, the swing into RPGs hasn't yet reversed much. However, once people realise what they can buy for the price of a single "ultra-rare" mod, perhaps. (Or a few more sports car collectors get bored with that hobby...).

aside: I'm still waiting for the snipe bids on those S&Ts I mentioned earlier.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:12 pm 

burntwire wrote:We never expected it to sell for that much. Our reserve was only $20 and at the time had figured it was unavailable except at GenCon Indy(as the cover states). Goodman shouldn't sell them on their site. Oh well, we will be sure to throw in some goodies from GenCon when we ship it. On the plus side these usually skyrocket in value. I wonder what the print run is? It may be worth it to purchase as many as you can from Goodman.

BTW: At GenCon we had to pick through the stack to find copies without significant spine damage. The covers tended to split when they folded them at the factory. If anyone buys from Goodman's site post here on what condition they are in.

Now if only I can find someone with a copy of DCC #3.5 The Haunted Lighthouse - the GenCOn 2003 special Edition module.  THEN you'll see a REAL 'silliest prices'!!  8O

Damn I need that module...

Why the hell did I have to be a 'collector'?  :(

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:57 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

These are getting out of control.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 70 of 107123 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 105106107