Silliest auction price of 2004-2005 announced!
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 57 of 97123 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 959697
Author

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 4750
Joined: Oct 31, 2004
Last Visit: May 05, 2021
Location: Garland, TX

Post Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:42 am 
 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 44114&rd=1

Jeezus!  I guess the high bidder finally met the reserve price.   8O

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 288
Joined: Feb 20, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 01, 2021
Location: Green Bay, WI

Post Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:40 am 
 

KingOfPain wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 44114&rd=1

Jeezus! I guess the high bidder finally met the reserve price.  8O


Woo boy.  I hope this doesn't start an avalanche of white boxes!  $250 for a 5th printing?!?

 WWW  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3066
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 30, 2015

Post Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:57 am 
 

Gus Landt wrote:
KingOfPain wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 44114&rd=1

Jeezus! I guess the high bidder finally met the reserve price. 8O


Woo boy. I hope this doesn't start an avalanche of white boxes! $250 for a 5th printing?!?

Yup, that's high, even in though it's in nice condition.  But I'm happy if the 5ths start taking their rightful place as more valuable than OCEs, at least.

 YIM  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 115
Joined: Apr 25, 2005
Last Visit: May 11, 2010
Location: Massachusetts

Post Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:28 pm 
 

I'm wondering how worried the seller is to have the high bidder be someone with zero feedback.  Pins and needles for the next couple days I expect.

  


Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 219
Joined: Apr 07, 2005
Last Visit: Aug 09, 2015
Location: UK

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:15 pm 
 

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 54618&rd=1

Cougar really is taking the urine in extreme large doses!  Reserve still not met!   :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

Anyone want to get in touch with the bidder (in US!!!) and sell off a bit of their silver box set!?   :)  :)  :)

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:03 pm 
 

jonjhargreaves wrote:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 54618&rd=1

Cougar really is taking the urine in extreme large doses! Reserve still not met!  :roll: :roll: :roll:

Anyone want to get in touch with the bidder (in US!!!) and sell off a bit of their silver box set!?  :) :) :)


reserve finally met at £50. good on him if someone is willing to pay for it i say!

Al



  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:55 am 
 

killjoy32 wrote:reserve finally met at £50. good on him if someone is willing to pay for it i say!

IIRC you paid £42 ($73), Al?

Think I said something 'bout being cheaper to buy the box... :P
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5221989571

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:59 am 
 

harami2000 wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:reserve finally met at £50. good on him if someone is willing to pay for it i say!

IIRC you paid £42 ($73), Al?

Think I said something 'bout being cheaper to buy the box... :P
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5221989571


yeah was summit like that, cant remember how much it was. i really wanted one of them so didnt mind paying for it. now i have three, i can now be more wary :)

btw wheres them guideline books :D



  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:06 am 
 

killjoy32 wrote:yeah was summit like that, cant remember how much it was. i really wanted one of them so didnt mind paying for it. now i have three, i can now be more wary :)

;)

Wasn't going to let that observation get away!

killjoy32 wrote:btw wheres them guideline books :D

Was just thinking 'bout those, yesterday.
All seven are obviously surplus/unsold stock, but have varying minor soiling/staple rust. (Won't complain at $1.99 per "K", bagged and boarded).
Will pick out 2, 3, 5, 7 for you, unless you need more to make up sets. :)

Must remember to buy something again soonish, in order to get those freebies you mentioned, too.
(Ya got any decent stock lying around, just now?? :P :oops:)

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:14 am 
 

harami2000 wrote:Will pick out 2, 3, 5, 7 for you, unless you need more to make up sets. :)

Must remember to buy something again soonish, in order to get those freebies you mentioned, too.
(Ya got any decent stock lying around, just now?? :P :oops:)


cool man :)

i got allsorts here....what is it you are after exactly? just PM me and we can sort it

Al



  


Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 905
Joined: Apr 09, 2003
Last Visit: Nov 09, 2015
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany

Post Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:35 am 
 

Return to the Tomb of Horrors from hierglyph books sold for $100 ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5220378398

tsk, tsk, tsk ...


- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)



  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 4750
Joined: Oct 31, 2004
Last Visit: May 05, 2021
Location: Garland, TX

Post Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:31 am 
 

Ralf Toth wrote:Return to the Tomb of Horrors from hierglyph books sold for $100 ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5220378398

tsk, tsk, tsk ...


Good grief.  A local hobby store here still had one of them a couple of weeks ago for retail price.  I guess if someone wants something bad enough...

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 4750
Joined: Oct 31, 2004
Last Visit: May 05, 2021
Location: Garland, TX

Post Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:43 am 
 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEBI:IT

Does anyone else here think the price on this is just a bit ridiculous?  I think I have seen all of these auctioned by themselves at one time or another and have never seen prices go much over $10 or $15 dollars for any of them and most get sold for around $3 to $5.  :?

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6352
Joined: Jan 03, 2005
Last Visit: Jul 29, 2021
Location: UK

Post Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:13 am 
 

Ralf Toth wrote:Return to the Tomb of Horrors from hierglyph books sold for $100 ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5220378398

tsk, tsk, tsk ...

I sold one about eight months ago for £50. That's about $90. They're harder to fing than the Rod of Seven Parts.


This week I've been mostly eating . . . minestrone soup.

 WWW  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 288
Joined: Feb 20, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 01, 2021
Location: Green Bay, WI

Post Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:39 am 
 

Ralf Toth wrote:Return to the Tomb of Horrors from hierglyph books sold for $100 ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5220378398

tsk, tsk, tsk ...

I picked mine up a few weeks ago at Origins for $15.  The box is in EX, and the contents are Mint.   8)

 WWW  


Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 905
Joined: Apr 09, 2003
Last Visit: Nov 09, 2015
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany

Post Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:12 pm 
 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
Ralf Toth wrote:Return to the Tomb of Horrors from hierglyph books sold for $100 ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5220378398

tsk, tsk, tsk ...

I sold one about eight months ago for £50. That's about $90. They're harder to fing than the Rod of Seven Parts.

You were lucky to get that much. Was it a shrinkwrapped copy? The usual going price on eBay is $30 to $35. If you need one now, Dragon's Trove has one (NM) for $50, or Titan Games has another one (VF) for $45, which is rather expensive, IMHO. (I haven't checked the eBay stores.) Anyway, it goes for just slightly more then ROSP, though I'm not sure that RTTTOH is rarer than ROSP.


- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)



  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 752
Joined: Jun 29, 2005
Last Visit: Aug 09, 2020
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada, eh?

Post Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:20 pm 
 

I don't see any BIN copies of RTTTOH on eBay now. Guess the folks that lost out bidding wanted 'em :P

 WWW  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3066
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 30, 2015

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:56 pm 
 

Umm...8O Guess I'll be asking the 2nd place bidder if he wants to buy mine...  :twisted:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 4&rd=1

 YIM  


Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 905
Joined: Apr 09, 2003
Last Visit: Nov 09, 2015
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:14 pm 
 

deimos3428 wrote:Umm...8O Guess I'll be asking the 2nd place bidder if he wants to buy mine... :twisted:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 4&rd=1

Also funny usernames. tigerkitten buying from cougarrinard. I wouldn't be surprised if that's not a coincidence. But it could be.


- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)



  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 752
Joined: Jun 29, 2005
Last Visit: Aug 09, 2020
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada, eh?

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:34 pm 
 

Ralf Toth wrote:
deimos3428 wrote:Umm...8O Guess I'll be asking the 2nd place bidder if he wants to buy mine... :twisted:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 4&rd=1

Also funny usernames. tigerkitten buying from cougarrinard. I wouldn't be surprised if that's not a coincidence. But it could be.


Heh, yeah, that does seem a bit of a ... coincidence.

 WWW  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 57 of 97123 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 959697