Silliest auction price of 2004-2005 announced!
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 59 of 107123 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 105106107
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:50 am 

fluffmaister wrote:Holy Cr*p....75(!) quid. 8O

What even worse is that people like this prove that cornering the market works. All that's left is to congrat cougar on a job well done :?

I wouldn't pat Cougie on the back until he sells another 10 of these...he's got at least that many he's sitting on that he paid premium price for.  Plus it's a Newbay bidder, I dont' know if Cougie will hit the jackpot like that many more times.

Mike B.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:30 pm 

Badmike wrote:
fluffmaister wrote:Holy Cr*p....75(!) quid. 8O

What even worse is that people like this prove that cornering the market works. All that's left is to congrat cougar on a job well done :?

I wouldn't pat Cougie on the back until he sells another 10 of these...he's got at least that many he's sitting on that he paid premium price for. Plus it's a Newbay bidder, I dont' know if Cougie will hit the jackpot like that many more times.

Mike B.

If it's like that, I'll be listing my collection of H1 to H4 on Ebay

Then I'll retire  :twisted:

"It's mint, it's a first print, and it's mine!"

KA-POW

"Not anymore".

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:55 pm 

A peach of a deal on the basic boxed set!  8O
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 5175881096

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:05 pm 

Gus Landt wrote:A peach of a deal on the basic boxed set! 8O
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 5175881096

Yeah..you really have to wonder if these hyperbolic descriptions are from corrupt sellers or just ignorant ones.  :roll:  

"I havent seen a better set" -- then you haven't looked very hard.  I mean, it's not a bad set, I'm not picking on it specifically, but come on!

Little hint folks, it isn't RARE if there are three of them on auction in a given week...what?  You're kidding.   8O

*Counts the number of 3rd print boxed sets up this week* Nevermind then, carry on, the world's gone mad.

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:35 am 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WD1V

Can someone please explain to me why anyone would want to pay $5.99 for an advertisement page that has been ripped out of an early 80's comic book?  I could go buy 20 issues of ROM:Spaceknight or Ka-Zar for that amount and rip all the pages out of them I wanted to.  :?

The least they could do is put a picture of the pope or virgin mary on it and try to pass it off as a miracle.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:57 am 

KingOfPain wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WD1V

Can someone please explain to me why anyone would want to pay $5.99 for an advertisement page that has been ripped out of an early 80's comic book? I could go buy 20 issues of ROM:Spaceknight or Ka-Zar for that amount and rip all the pages out of them I wanted to. :?

The least they could do is put a picture of the pope or virgin mary on it and try to pass it off as a miracle.

Check out the guy's feedback..he's been doing this since I first got on ebay (8 years now) and has over 13k positives...he just takes magazines and tears out old advertisements and sells them, I've never seen anyone do less and make more out of it.  A lot of old timer ebayers got taken when he first started doing this, he sold old advertisements from Dragon mags that he had taken out, a lot of people bought these thinking they were "one sheet" advertisements, collectible items, until someone pointed out (when they got it in the mail) that they were only ads cut out of the magazines.  The guy's a genius.

Mike B.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:08 pm 

KingOfPain wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WD1V

Can someone please explain to me why anyone would want to pay $5.99 for an advertisement page that has been ripped out of an early 80's comic book? I could go buy 20 issues of ROM:Spaceknight or Ka-Zar for that amount and rip all the pages out of them I wanted to. :?

There's actually a market for this kind of stuff.  The problem with this particular ad is, however, that (1) I doubt the advertising collecting community has Star Frontiers high on their list of things to get; and (2) those of us who are familiar with it know exactly where it comes from and know we can get it out of the quarter box comics.

If it's an ad for Pepsi from the 40s or a 65 Mustang, sure.  But this?  COme on....

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:54 pm 

cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a ... T&rd=1
Ok, where were all you fanatics when I was selling my copy?  :evil: (Though I still did ok).

YIM  

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:53 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a ... T&rd=1
Ok, where were all you fanatics when I was selling my copy? :evil: (Though I still did ok).

Wow, same sentiments here; my most recent sale went for about half that (in U.S. dollars). The Dragon Archive has become quite the interesting item over the past six or 12 months ...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:05 pm 

Each day I get a little closer to making a copy of my set of discs and throwing the original set onto ebay.  This is truly insane.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:09 pm 

Achizar wrote:Each day I get a little closer to making a copy of my set of discs and throwing the original set onto ebay. This is truly insane.

You might want to do that anyway, at least until you receive positive feedback.  This item is still largely used (as opposed to collected and thrown on a shelf), so if they claim after receiving it that a disc is scratched, you could send the copy. ;)  I am not advocating wholesale software piracy.  :wink:

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:57 pm 

Achizar wrote:Each day I get a little closer to making a copy of my set of discs and throwing the original set onto ebay. This is truly insane.

I did just that a few weeks ago and scored $92 for the set (I think).

Pleveich

P.S. It is damned tempting to just burn a few sets of them every month and finance a new car though isn't it? :twisted:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:57 am 

I'd sell my Dragon mags if I could get the CD. I've bid on a few of them, but never won.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:57 pm 

This one has 18 hours to go but I'm calling it:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... T&rd=1

8O

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:16 pm 

Ebay.fr

Silliest listings for french newbies :

eBay listings

eBay listings

Let's remind pure and perfect competition's rules : lot of sellers, lot of buyers, easy informations... that makes the prices coherent. There is not a real and fluid market here...! Happy time for sellers. 8O

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:37 am 

Happy kudos to Nobleknights :)

http://cgi.ebay.ch/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... %3AIT&rd=1

Given that this set usually goes for 25-45$ every time I did see it up for auction this is a real winner here :D When I looked at it yesterday evening it already was at 41$ and I decided not bidding on it. But when I looked at the final bid today morning I really had to blink a few times 8O

So whoever is the winner: Please! Whenever you fell you have too much money...Send it to me via PayPal. It wont be wasted for useless stuff (at least not in the way you do).

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:02 am 

8O  8O  8O  8O  8O  8O  8O  8O

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 8&rd=1

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:07 am 

OK, lets see how strong the high bid is on this one.
*<waves to David as I steal his trick>*

Well, there is no counting on how stupid people really are. :roll: I am figuring high bid is $300.00 if anyone wants to try a snipe. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 59 of 107123 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 105106107