Interesting Items Previously on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 55 of 106123 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 104105106
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:43 am 

deimos3428 wrote:Found this one in one of my poorly planned AD&D searches, but it may be of use to someone:  :D  The title says it all.

cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a ... 6&rd=1

I actually have A.D.D.   Believe me, the irony that two of the biggest influences on my life both have "ADD" as the acronym has not been lost on me.

Oh well, at least I get to take Ritalin. 8)

As a matter of fact, it's time for my first two pills. . .  Heart? Get ready to start racing!   :D

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:30 am 

I know there's a lot of controversy over it. And Ritalin. I'm glad I don't have A.D.D., it seems like a very..... kinda... um..... what was I saying? Oh well.
On the flipside, my doc tells me yesterday I probably have several bleeding ulcers. I always thought it was normal to shit blood, but I guess not. It's not like I'm stressed, what with being a network admin for several multinational companies, having a 3 year old, and a wife who pinches pennies so hard Lincoln screams for mercy.
Hey, that would be a neat collection to replace D&D. Exotic ailments.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:06 am 

POTVQ, 1st print:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5917820191
Bidding at $450 so far....

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:48 am 

grodog wrote:POTVQ, 1st print:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5917820191
Bidding at $450 so far....

Well it looks like the GenCon auctioneer named Josh is zzyllan. He paid $275 for it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:18 am 

What?! You mean he was an auctioneer at the Con and was bidding? Isn't that just a slight conflict of interest?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:41 am 

Deadlord36 wrote:What?! You mean he was an auctioneer at the Con and was bidding? Isn't that just a slight conflict of interest?

What?  You are going to blame someone for getting a good deal on a rare item? :-)

Seriously, if an open auction price at gencon results in $275 then wouldn't this suggest that eBay is responsible for over inflating prices?  Especially as the price is now sitting at $455.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:56 am 

improvstone wrote:Seriously, if an open auction price at gencon results in $275 then wouldn't this suggest that eBay is responsible for over inflating prices? Especially as the price is now sitting at $455.

Of course not. . . the reason eBay is successful is because it enables a seller to reach the few people in the entire world who might be interested in the item.  That is why game stores still may have "treasures" in shrinkwrap  on the shelves that have gone unsold for 15 years - because the right buyer isn't there to walk in and purchase it.

In today's world, anyone would be crazy to put such an item up for auction at Gencon when, by using eBay, they could reach a market of every possible gamer who might be interested.

Of course, the same principle applies to just about everything on sale at eBay - not just RPG's.

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:11 am 

Deadlord36 wrote:What?! You mean he was an auctioneer at the Con and was bidding? Isn't that just a slight conflict of interest?

At the time he was sitting in the audience. Auction staff is allowed to bid on items even when they are on stage selling. The staff is made up of "volunteers" and according to Frank M. they wouldn't even have a staff if they weren't allowed to bid.

Auction fees are: bid card-$1.50, listing fee-$1 + 15% of final sale price. If the auction staff is made up mostly of volunteers then someone is making a killing.

Almost the entire staff is made up of resellers or collectors so nothing gets by cheap.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:12 am 

I would have to have been there to have all the facts, but it seems to me if an auctioneer was interested in an item, he could downplay it's rarity and condition, and make sure it went up at an opportune time. I know if it was me selling the item, I wouldn't allow auctioneers to bid.
$275 for ANY PoVQ is a great deal, though I value the black folder version much more.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 12:59 pm 

hey all, josh berling (zzyllan) here, and, yes, i totally cheated in getting the PotVQ that cheap.

kidding.

the bidders just weren't there for the item.  it happens all the time at the auction.  sometimes, items (like R5-10) go through the roof, and other times, they just don't sell.

immediately after i won the item, i turned to the guy who sold it (who i know from the gencon forums), and asked him if he wanted it back.  i let him know that it went very light, and he might be able to get twice the amount i paid for it on ebay.  he let me know that it was alright, and he didn't have a problem with me picking it up for that price.

frank talked the module up the way it should have been talked up: he talked about how rare it was, and the history, and all that.  he probably spent about 3 minutes talking about the item.  and, when all was said and done, i was the last card up at $275.

no tampering involved... it just so happened that i was the one who got the deal.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 1:28 pm 

D2 Kuo-toa mono, UK edition.

cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a ... 1&rd=1

YIM  

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:08 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:D2 Kuo-toa mono, UK edition.

cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a ... 1&rd=1

Condition "only lightly mauled" ;)

Was surprised the last complete UK Giants & Drow run went by un-noted. (Sorry; didn't mention here since I needed D1 & D2 for the obvious reason).
Final prices were G1($22: 5914126598), G2($22: 5914127232), G3($32: 5914127844), D1($32: 5914128683), D2($34: 5914129271), D3($26: 5914129812).
Condition for D1 & D2 was mint (despite the sender chancing their luck with usual lousy UK-style packing); and the other mods were presumably the same. (A little bit on the cheap side then, IMHO).

===

Oh, btw, I'm glad to see someone picked up those mint "Dungeons" (#7, 9, 11, 12) I mentioned: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5917652580
Must admit I was curious why they were being sold individually, too...

...Well, the auction's back again; still with $7.50 BIN.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5918003703

Maybe they've got a whole box of them...
(And nothing else related for sale...?? Hrrmm... strange!).

===

p.s. @josh: thx for the back-lines on your PotVQ. Not sure how many ppl here would've bothered to offer it back to the seller, if so.
(Why did none of our other "reps" at the auction buy it, then, if so cheap?)

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 3:00 pm 

jtotheb wrote:hey all, josh berling (zzyllan) here, and, yes, i totally cheated in getting the PotVQ that cheap.

kidding.

the bidders just weren't there for the item.  it happens all the time at the auction.  sometimes, items (like R5-10) go through the roof, and other times, they just don't sell.

immediately after i won the item, i turned to the guy who sold it (who i know from the gencon forums), and asked him if he wanted it back.  i let him know that it went very light, and he might be able to get twice the amount i paid for it on ebay.  he let me know that it was alright, and he didn't have a problem with me picking it up for that price.

frank talked the module up the way it should have been talked up: he talked about how rare it was, and the history, and all that.  he probably spent about 3 minutes talking about the item.  and, when all was said and done, i was the last card up at $275.

no tampering involved... it just so happened that i was the one who got the deal.

We bid on the Palace also.

Nice buy Josh.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:49 pm 

Josh, why aren't you keeping it?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:32 pm 

it's not what i collect.  i collect rulebooks for RPGs, and pre-pub stuff.  it would be nice to have, but i'd rather sell it off to someone else to fill in a hole in a collection and take the profit.

go capitalism!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:14 am 

Up for auction is a Hollow World box set - looks pretty ordinary to the average person. . . but how did the seller "dragontreasure" get pictures of this set sitting on my kitchen table?

He must have broken into my house when I wasn't looking - nothing sells a D&D item like a pinewood surface as background.

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 6&rd=1

(Damn, I must have sold that thing over 4 months ago - how long has he been hoarding the pics?).

Prolific Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:42 am 

That's against eBay policy.  If you can still find your own auction, report to eBay here for infringement:

eBay: Redirect

I'm currently having a dust-up with another seller, who has stolen my descriptions word for word - including memories of past games, recommendations of play, etc.
:roll:

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:09 am 

darkseraphim wrote:...I'm currently having a dust-up with another seller, who has stolen my descriptions word for word - including memories of past games, recommendations of play, etc.
:roll:

Does that include the bit about Warhammer FRP being "...far darker and more evocative than D&D, with lots more intrigue and personality..."? :twisted:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5916708212

8O

Heh, heh.... and here's me thought that an imaginative DM/GM and players had some input to that... :)

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 55 of 106123 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 104105106