Interesting Items Previously on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 47 of 106123 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 104105106
Author


Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5737
Joined: Nov 16, 2002
Last Visit: Dec 03, 2022
Location: Wichita, KS, USA

Post Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:41 pm 
 

For the 3e collectors, a GenCon 2003 limited edition of the 3.5e PHB:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... otohosting


Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

 WWW  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:15 pm 
 

1980 Dragon Magazine Calendar (EX condition?)... still at $9.98 opening with two days to go.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5911708869
...I'd have it for that price, if the seller shipped to the UK. :)

(For some reason, there's a bid in for their other 1980 calendar which is hole-punched and torn! Some people...).

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:43 pm 
 

Too recent for me, I'm afraid. ("Powers and Pantheons" = 1997?).

"Spider Woman" (or whatever) currently at $8.99 with two days to go.
Not too bad; even for modern original artwork (Earl Geier), I'm sure.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 2259413245

(I'll probably get kicked by the current high bidder for posting this...)

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 3:30 pm 
 

I remember this one... :)
Mattel electronic D&D maze game (1980?)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5912427822
(opening at $6.50: working condition, but with one wall piece missing)

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 171
Joined: Apr 02, 2003
Last Visit: Feb 16, 2005
Location: Maryland, USA

Post Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:13 am 
 

I hate to say it, but that artwork was never used to my knowledge.  It was SUPPOSED to go into the Savage Coast Monstrous Compendium, and thats the only place I ever saw it.

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:55 am 
 

Cernunnos wrote:I hate to say it, but that artwork was never used to my knowledge.  It was SUPPOSED to go into the Savage Coast Monstrous Compendium, and thats the only place I ever saw it.

Thanks for that, <Cernunnos>. I'd've been none the wiser.
As well it's priced at $8.99, rather than $89.99, then...

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1253
Joined: Jan 01, 2003
Last Visit: Nov 28, 2022

Post Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 11:56 pm 
 

The D&D Movie banner that didn't sell for $1,000 a little while back is up again with a starting bid of $400:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 5912051826

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5686
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Dec 01, 2022
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:30 am 
 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5912066017

Pretty pricey for someone who is trying to "curb their spending". Methinks the Inverness was sour grapes after all. BTW, I left this one alone because I already have one, and I had no desire to jack the price up for a true collector. Had I known..........


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1253
Joined: Jan 01, 2003
Last Visit: Nov 28, 2022

Post Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:51 am 
 

Deadlord36 wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5912066017

Pretty pricey for someone who is trying to "curb their spending". Methinks the Inverness was sour grapes after all. BTW, I left this one alone because I already have one, and I had no desire to jack the price up for a true collector. Had I known..........


Which printing was it?  It went for a good price whatever the printing if the condition is as good as it looks.

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:15 am 
 

dathon wrote:
Deadlord36 wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5912066017

Pretty pricey for someone who is trying to "curb their spending". Methinks the Inverness was sour grapes after all. BTW, I left this one alone because I already have one, and I had no desire to jack the price up for a true collector. Had I known..........


Which printing was it?  It went for a good price whatever the printing if the condition is as good as it looks.

*blinks twice*.

Heh, heh... really not sure how I missed that. Congrats, regardless.
(Yeah, looks extremely good aside from the very light wear and unfortunate waterstains).

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1201
Joined: Nov 07, 2003
Last Visit: Nov 06, 2022
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Post Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:49 pm 
 

Hexagonal Mapping Booklet by TSR
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 44383&rd=1
7 day UK auction.  Current bid is approx $2.73.



 WWW  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1249
Joined: Mar 08, 2003
Last Visit: Dec 05, 2022
Location: Close to GenCon

Post Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:04 pm 
 

dathon wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5912066017

Which printing was it?  It went for a good price whatever the printing if the condition is as good as it looks.


We didn't see this until about 24 hours before it ended. The seller said he didn't know what printing it was, he had already packaged it up. The auction was at $26 until the last seconds. We couldn't pass up a possible 1st print. Worse case scenario is we have a better condition 2nd print and can then trade or sell the other.

Happy collecting,
Burntwire

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5686
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Dec 01, 2022
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:56 pm 
 

The seller paid 50 cents for it at a yard sale.


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  


Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 764
Joined: Feb 05, 2003
Last Visit: Oct 20, 2022

Post Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:47 pm 
 

Howdy,


burntwire wrote:Worse case scenario is we have a better condition 2nd print and can then trade or sell the other.


Nice buy fella's!

The larger label indicates a 2nd or later print but I'd bet a 3rd or later print based on my research. Woodgrain 1st prints, and possibly some 2nd and 3rd prints, have smaller labels, i.e., they are trimmed closer to the printing (both the top and side labels). This being the result of a bit of research I've been conducting after examining over 20 different woodgrain sets. Anything else is a "Frankenstein".

In a Q&A with Gygax, he related that the labels came from the printer precut to a standard size and were hand pasted for the entire print run. The next set of boxes had it's own set of labels as well. Further, he stated they did not have enough money for extra labels for each print run. A run of 1,000 boxes = 1,000 labels.

Shawn and Devon, I'd appreciate an email confirming the printing.

I'll post my research here eventually. I have images of 20 confirmed printings and another 5 personally inspected sets.


Futures Bright,

Paul


The Collector's Trove The online auction house that features the collections of game designers and artists.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5686
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Dec 01, 2022
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:03 pm 
 

It is a 3rd. The seller just e-mailed me.


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  


Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 764
Joined: Feb 05, 2003
Last Visit: Oct 20, 2022

Post Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:25 pm 
 

Howdy,





Deadlord36 wrote:It is a 3rd. The seller just e-mailed me.




Thanks Frank! Another matter is the side label. On the hybrid print, 3rd+, the label is pasted onto the left side. All other printings have it on the right side of the box.



Shawn and Devon, or Frank. Would you please confirm? Thank you.





Futures Bright,



Paul


The Collector's Trove The online auction house that features the collections of game designers and artists.

 WWW  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1253
Joined: Jan 01, 2003
Last Visit: Nov 28, 2022

Post Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:36 pm 
 

stormber wrote:The larger label indicates a 2nd or later print but I'd bet a 3rd or later print based on my research. Woodgrain 1st prints, and possibly some 2nd and 3rd prints, have smaller labels, i.e., they are trimmed closer to the printing (both the top and side labels). This being the result of a bit of research I've been conducting after examining over 20 different woodgrain sets. Anything else is a "Frankenstein".

I'll post my research here eventually. I have images of 20 confirmed printings and another 5 personally inspected sets.


If you don't mind sharing, Paul, what was the result of that disputed 1st printing that you won for a record price?  Did it turn out to be legit, or a Frankenstein?  

In any case, I look forward to seeing the results of your research when you post it.  It sounds like real interesting detective work.

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 352
Joined: Feb 19, 2003
Last Visit: Feb 10, 2022
Location: CA

Post Posted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:23 am 
 

Dathon,

It was legit after all, IMHO.  Foulfoot came in and set the record straight on the lightness of the paperstock in question.

There was ALOT of debate and I personally wasn't convinced until Mr Foot came in and had a compelling set of arguments.

It's a worthy thread to review!  I just can't find it at the moment.  I'm sure someone will post a link.


-------------------------------------------------

  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 47 of 106123 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 104105106