Interesting Items Previously on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 45 of 106123 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 104105106
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 2:58 am 

A pillar of the community, indeed. And Satan is mayor ...

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:05 am 

Just jokin', Frankie boy.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:07 am 

Dear Seller.

Allow me introduce myself. My name is Frank and I need your help. I was tragically born with gross facial malformaties (or as my momma used to say I am 'butt ugly') and I also suffer from a psychological disorder that causes me to wear used womens underwear at all times.
I have contacted the Worlds best plastic surgeons and psychiatrists but none of them have been able to help me. They all agree I am a hopeless case. However there is hope for me to be happy. After months of painstaking research I have discovered that if I place 10 individual arcaeum rarity 5 items in the shape of a pentagram around my home then a portal to the land of ugly and panty-wearing elves will be opened. Yes thats right I can be amongst kin!. I currently have 9 Acaeum rarity 5 items. The item you are selling is the last piece I need to be happy.  Could you please sell me the item in a private deal?. I can offer you 3 pairs of old USMC socks, a copy of Elfquest and $0.50 in exchange.
Please help me to be happy.

Yours sincerely
Frank

:D  8O  :D  8O

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:36 am 

THAT IS COMPLETELY UNTRUE.
I only have 8 rarity 5 items.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:33 pm 

jagd wrote:Dear Seller.

Allow me introduce myself. My name is Frank and I need your help. I was tragically born with gross facial malformaties (or as my momma used to say I am 'butt ugly') and I also suffer from a psychological disorder that causes me to wear used womens underwear at all times.
I have contacted the Worlds best plastic surgeons and psychiatrists but none of them have been able to help me. They all agree I am a hopeless case. However there is hope for me to be happy. After months of painstaking research I have discovered that if I place 10 individual arcaeum rarity 5 items in the shape of a pentagram around my home then a portal to the land of ugly and panty-wearing elves will be opened. Yes thats right I can be amongst kin!. I currently have 9 Acaeum rarity 5 items. The item you are selling is the last piece I need to be happy.  Could you please sell me the item in a private deal?. I can offer you 3 pairs of old USMC socks, a copy of Elfquest and $0.50 in exchange.
Please help me to be happy.

Yours sincerely
Frank

:D  8O  :D  8O

LMFAO!!!

Let's not forget the more ellicit offers that Frank continues to use (and of course with tounge in cheek, accuse others of offering):  1.  The ole Ferris reach around.  2.  The famous Frank's spank that ass and yell ata boy!  and 3.  well...the jury is still out if he spits or swallows (with all those extra pounds on his neck, I would think he swallows for a protein supplement).

:wink:

May Eru's light shine upon you always.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:11 pm 

This comment is for those who don't like to see items sell for private offers. I wouldn't have been in contention for the Ghost Tower anyway(trying to curb my spending for a few months). When I see items like this come up I will email the seller and let him know the value. I also ask that if he gets any private offers to first contact me as I may be willing to pay more than anyone else. Sometimes I will even bid on the item, most sellers won't end an auction after someone has placed a bid.

Shawn

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:18 pm 

OK, let's set the record straight. I e-mailed the seller and asked if he had a BIN. He did. Without my prompting, he cancelled the auction and sold it to me. I paid it. I did not "offer" for it. Now, since this is exactly what Lord Foul did with the 1st print woodgrain some months back, I assume you are bitching about the Acaeum webmaster's conduct as well? I myself didn't have any issues with what he did, and I did not see any comments at the time.
Awwww, is it a case of sour grapes? Let me check my give a shit meter. Whoops! It's empty!
To a select few: Did I not say the bitching would commence the minute the buyer was revealed? Pavlov would love this place.

Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:35 pm 

Well, not quite -- the woodgrain auction that I won *did* have a Buy-it-Now, and I was simply the first person to click it.

The guy had lowered the BIN about an hour before I bid on it, but he did this without any prompting from me.  I think that's the only issue that was in contention.

Foul

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:58 pm 

Well, that's good, at least you don't have to worry about awakening the Furies.
Last post about this for me in this thread. Someone start up a bitch thread if they wish, but don't post in this one. Clutter and all.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:09 pm 

Gents, if the seller wanted to sell that module for a 6 pack of beer it's HIS BUSINESS.

Geez... guys, seriously, I would imagine the seller is an adult of at least average intelligence.  Could he have gotten more? Probably... maybe... but maybe he didn't want the hassle or would rather it go to a collector.

In any case, I don't think what Deadlord did is in anyway 'bad'.  Seriously.

*IF* it came out that he 'threatened','conned','hornswaggled' the seller in anyway other than 'hey, can I buy your module' then I'd change my mind a bit, but even then I think that the overarching value here is that the seller was/is in control of the situation, Frank just got a great deal.

Put yourself in Frank's shoes.... what would you do?

I would have done the same thing as him.  

-Jon

-------------------------------------------------

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:20 pm 

Pretty cool - the final lost episode of the D&D cartoon. . .

Someone must want this - too bad they have it listed in "Collectibles - Animation"

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... RK:MEWA:IT

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:49 pm 

I wasn't cracking on Frank. I just wanted to let others who may have wanted to bid know what they can do to prevent this. My brother and I both are guilty of contacting sellers and asking for a BIN price, so I obviously wouldn't say that it is wrong.

Peace,
Shawn

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:18 pm 

That's weak. So what you're saying is that you're giving advice on how people can prevent YOU from doing it? Not even close to a save on that one.
Hey, tell you what, you can have it for double what I paid for it. Fair enough?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:38 pm 

beyondthebreach wrote:Pretty cool - the final lost episode of the D&D cartoon. . .

Someone must want this - too bad they have it listed in "Collectibles - Animation"

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... RK:MEWA:IT

If anyone wants to read this final episode of the D&D cartoon that was never made, they can do so at the link below for free:

mindspring.com/~michaelreaves/D&Dpr ... eface.html

The D&D cartoon is being released on DVD in region 2 areas, but I believe no announcement yet for region 1.   :(

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:57 pm 

Me thinks that D&D cartoon script is a fake.

I have no proof of that...

I have known about (and read) the 'final episode' for a long time and there has always been doubt about it's authenticity(as faras I know).

I have never heard or seen ANY D&D cartoon script come up for sale so why 'this' one that was NEVER MADE.

Me thinks he tries to tricks usss precious... (hey just watched ROTK on DVD... )

-------------------------------------------------

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 11:36 am 

That Cartoon script shows up all the time.  I thinks is legit but the seller justs
runs off copies of it.

Private offers are just like sniping..part of the ebay machine and here to
stay whether you like it or not.

Good score Frank, but don't you already have a C2 Mono?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 1:10 pm 

In no way was I implying that what Frank did was wrong. I don't know why he is going off about what I said. Some people might have found that information valuable. Just trying to pass on some usefull information to others so they won't see an item they intended to bid on disappear from their watch list.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 3:46 am 

TSR 8004 Old Style D&D Dragon Dice Percentile Generator
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5910547734

TSR 8005 Old D&D Dragon Dice Polyhedral Number Generato
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5910547748

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 45 of 106123 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 104105106