Interesting Items Previously on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 37 of 106123 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 104105106
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:36 pm 

Indeed.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:37 pm 

Crap!  I HATE THAT!

OKay, fess up.. Did anyone here buy it?  It'll be small solace if it was one of 'us' and not some cheeseball reseller who's going to relist.

-Jon

-------------------------------------------------

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:04 pm 

JonOakes wrote:Crap!  I HATE THAT!

OKay, fess up.. Did anyone here buy it?  It'll be small solace if it was one of 'us' and not some cheeseball reseller who's going to relist.

-Jon

Eyeamgawd is definately a collector/buyer.  Do you think that would resell for more than $600 though?

"What can I get for $10?"

"Mint Rare and Shrinkwrapped-just pick that bar of soap up for us pls, we love you long time!"

YIM  

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:16 pm 

eyeamgawd is deadlord so it is one of us.   :D

I hope this is the real deal and not a Kinko's special.  
If real, it is an amazing find and deadlord has really been on a great streak lately.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:10 pm 

Transcript of the e-mails:

Gawd: Do you have a Buy it Now price for it?
Seller: I didn't. Make me an offer and I can set it if I like it.
Gawd: Does $600 sound fair?
Seller: Buy it Now is set. Go for it! :)

I went for it. I offered him what I could afford.
How many of us DO have C1, anyways? We should start a thread on who owns what rares. Would be interesting.
As a side note, I believe the Buy it Now was up for a while, I was in the park with my son for about an hour, and came back to find the e-mail about a Buy it Now. He is in Central Time zone, and the time was stamped 3:22, which is 4:22 my time, and the auction ended at 1:50 PST, which is 4:50 my time. Am I right in thinking it was open for 1/2 hour or so?

PS: This post has been sitting on my computer for 82 minutes, so I'll update it. WHile I was writing, the seller called me ( I sent him my phone number). This was actually his friend's module, who passed away, and he got a HUGE pile of stuff from his friend's wife. He is keeping some of the stuff, such as a GenCon 8 program, some modules, etc. but is selling the rest, most of which I just bought from him. He seems like a very nice guy. I feel bad about his friend passing away (46), kind of reminded me of the Sutherland thread. Always sucks to lose a gamer.
Anyways, the reason he is selling it is that he has his own copy, 295 or 296. They got them at the same time. And no, he is not selling it. He was actually aggravated that people were sending him e-mails saying what an idiot he was, and that he could have gotten $1,000 for it, etc. Whomever is doing so, if it is anyone in here, knock the shit off please. He was happy to sell it to a collector and not a reseller, which is why he let it go for $600.
I agree, Dathon, it has been a good week. Frank, his face smiling, his pockets empty.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:16 pm 

That was a great deal. I need that particular item and would have paid much more. Maybe I am alone in that, but nevertheless, good job.

I'll start the rare string later this p.m. I agree it would be interesting.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:28 pm 

This was actually his friend's module, who passed away, and he got a HUGE pile of stuff from his friend's wife.

Dang... Lots of dead and dying gamers! (I know of a few too!)
I guess if you think about it:

D&D 30 years old.

Gamers start mid-twenties (the old guard)

now they are 50-60.

Sedentary lifestyle, junk food eaters, type-A nit-picky types (come on... admit it). Yup.. they're a gonna be a'croaking any day now!

Now.. this is a dark and ominous thought for many of us who started gaming in the 70s ('cept I was like 8 at the time)  but the good news is, there's going to be lots of estate sales popping up to snag these goodies from unsuspecting widows! (egads.. I think I'm forming GHOUL ears!)!!
Perhaps the passing of the old guard over the next 10-20 years will redistribute some of the oldest/lost stuff.  I mean, not to be overly morbid (yeah, I know too late) but many of us thought the DMG cover was lost to a dumpster 20+ years ago but because of DSL's failing health, it pops up here!

And on that happy thought, I wish you a good weekend one and all!

:twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

I have to go cruise the cemetary for grieving widows.

(honestly... I'm sorry.. I don't know what's got into me... I'll seek professional help..)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 11:53 pm 

I saw the "Buy It Now" on the Lost Tamochan module, and I looked at it...and looked at it...and I thought:

"Ya know, $600 is a damn good price for that module. It would probably fetch $1000 if I wanted to resell (which I would not have). This would probably be my only chance to get it for a reasonable amount. Hmmm...could I get this past my wife; or should I just get it and then deal with the consequences after. Well, it is a module of a gamer that has passed on and was given to this seller by his wife. Wait a minute, that could be me, my wife would kill me if I bought this and it would end up right back on ebay. However, it will probably be worth far less since it be drenched in my blood!"

I closed the ebay window and never looked back. Enjoy it Frank, I value my life too much I guess.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:03 pm 

ROFL! :lol:

Oh man.. that is so like my life....

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:33 pm 

You know, I was hoping Muad was off for the week again, since they guy spelled Tamoachan wrong (tamochon), so it wouldn't show up on most search programs.
I'm beginning to reform my opinion of this particular thread. Seems like it is impossible to score great deals when they are all announced to the general public. We all end up driving prices up against one another. It's a shame we all couldn't get together and agree on who should bid on what item, based on what they already have and what they need. Kind of like an RPG collectors' club. We'd all save a ton of money. Right now, it seems like it is every man for himself.
Damn, the Role Aids mods came today. Crispy! Does anyone need Fez, Beastmaker or Nanorien? I have extra copies now.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 12:17 am 

Deadlord36 wrote:You know, I was hoping Muad was off for the week again, since they guy spelled Tamoachan wrong (tamochon), so it wouldn't show up on most search programs.
I'm beginning to reform my opinion of this particular thread. Seems like it is impossible to score great deals when they are all announced to the general public. We all end up driving prices up against one another. It's a shame we all couldn't get together and agree on who should bid on what item, based on what they already have and what they need. Kind of like an RPG collectors' club. We'd all save a ton of money. Right now, it seems like it is every man for himself.
Damn, the Role Aids mods came today. Crispy! Does anyone need Fez, Beastmaker or Nanorien? I have extra copies now.

I refrained from bidding on a couple lots recently since there was extras in them and asked if the winners would be selling them off.  They both said yes.  I guess what  remains is what kind of price they will put on it, if its unreasonable I will just go back to the every man for himself mentality.

You can save a lot of money and frequently sell off extras really fast to others that you get know, not worrying about fraud and all that stuff.  I do it with one of my other collections on ebay.

"What can I get for $10?"

"Mint Rare and Shrinkwrapped-just pick that bar of soap up for us pls, we love you long time!"

YIM  

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 7:44 am 

OCE White Box
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5902661182
7 days with no reserve. Opening bid is €5.00.

Blackmoor :
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5902660935

Greyhawk :
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5902661003

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:41 am 

AD&D R2 The Investigation Of Hydell RPGA RARE!!! NICE!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 31037&rd=1
7 days with no reserve.  Current bid is $15.50 (and it's cougarnards).

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:45 am 

SECRETS OF THE SAGES Forgotten Realms UNMAILED, MINT!!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 60803&rd=1
7 days with no reserve.  Current bid is $9.99.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:52 am 

DUNGEON MASTER'S Guide - 1st Printing!!! AD&D D&D
with orange flyleaf and rare ISBN code - 1979
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 41491&rd=1
7 days with no reserve.  Opening bid is $9.99.  From the description:
FOR THE COLLECTORS: This item has the orange flyleaf and 1979 copyright on the title page denoting the first edition. It also has an ISBN code on the spine and rear, although this is not thought to be the case with most first printings. Thanks to The Acaeum for this information. This item is in VERY GOOD condition. It has wear at the corners, edges, and spine that have removed some color. There is also some shelfwear scuffing and dirt on the cover, a stray pen mark on the back flyleaf, and the original retailer's price sticker there as well. The interior is clean, intact, and unmarked.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 8:57 pm 

This guy needs to put down the crack pipe.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... otohosting

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 9:29 pm 

TSR Arrow Sign from Lake Geneva, WI

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 03743&rd=1

wtf????

moron with money

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 4:22 am 

This is gettin' rediculous.  I swear.. before long someone's going to auction off Gygax's underwear.

The arrow sign is interesting, I suppose, but it's out of the shrinkwrap so you know, it's just not going to hold it's value. :)

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 37 of 106123 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 104105106