Interesting Items Previously on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 15 of 106123 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 104105106
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:51 pm 

I say it goes for $1,400 or so, given the current market of noobs floating around. Anyone else?

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:52 pm 

Let's see... week's vacation in Maui... or a copy of a module I already have in other forms....

I'll have to Go With Maui, Bob!

1400 bucks.. sheesh!  That'd be rediculous.  A REAL collector would dive through endless yardsales, fleamarkets, used book stores and game cons to find one for 5 bucks and then crow about it here.

THAT would impress me!

Then again... if I HAD a mono con edition of this module... would I sell it for 1400 bucks?  Probably NOT.  So I confess to a hint of hipocrasy... :)

-------------------------------------------------

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:56 pm 

Well, I threw my token bid in as well... any guesses at what the reserve is set at?  I'm thinking $1,000.  I wouldn't be surprised if this particular one hit $1,500 or so.  Even higher if burnie doesn't have a copy yet.  :wink:

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 7:05 am 

Anyone else having problems seeing the pictures from this guys auctions?
I can't get to the site at all : Coming Soon - Future home of something quite cool

I've put in my token bid. Let's see how many acaeum members we can get in the bid history! :-)

And grodog, sorry about the con guide!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:07 am 

From Europe I can reach the site without problem. It's a rather not-so-professional website of a web developer ...

That is the problem when you host eBay pictures on your own server. From your own country / continent everything loads quickly, but in other parts of the world the site may build up very slowly or not at all.

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:35 am 

Interesting stuff from Germany: German "Tomb of Horros", 1999 AD&D Special Edition from Amigo Spiele for the Fantasy Spiel Fest 1999 (print run 1.000) with Gary's signature on it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 3176560852

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 11:02 am 

Nev-

I've put in my token bid. Let's see how many acaeum members we can get in the bid history!  

Ok i'm in  :)

I wouldnt be surprised if it sets a new record.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 12:39 pm 

I'm in now!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 12:51 pm 

If it goes for $1,400+, I'm selling off. I'll keep some stuff for playing, but the tourney mods, brown boxes, etc. are out the door. I could use the room anyways.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 4:35 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:If it goes for $1,400+, I'm selling off. I'll keep some stuff for playing, but the tourney mods, brown boxes, etc. are out the door. I could use the room anyways.

I don't know... you might want to wait, the market may just be going higher and higher... at least for the really rare stuff.  I remember back in 1996 Danny Holte had auctions for these limited C modules and they went for a little over $200.  We were all in awe... and now look.... and wait another eight years.  Fasten your seat belts.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:25 pm 

I'd add my name to the bidding list, but it's at a level now where there is a chance of winning.... and while I would love to get my hands on something like that, she-who-must-be-obeyed would hit the roof. I'm already at the stage where any new purchases (even minor ones) are greeted with exasperation, and any even slightly moderate ones with lectures and guilt trips. I've taken to having stuff delivered to work, leaving them in the garage when I get home, and waiting for an opportunity to sneak them into the house.

If I ever want to get a divorce, I'll buy a 1st edition woodgrain or an ST1 and send her a link to the auction....

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:47 pm 

mdr003 wrote:I'd add my name to the bidding list, but it's at a level now where there is a chance of winning.... and while I would love to get my hands on something like that, she-who-must-be-obeyed would hit the roof. I'm already at the stage where any new purchases (even minor ones) are greeted with exasperation, and any even slightly moderate ones with lectures and guilt trips. I've taken to having stuff delivered to work, leaving them in the garage when I get home, and waiting for an opportunity to sneak them into the house.

If I ever want to get a divorce, I'll buy a 1st edition woodgrain or an ST1 and send her a link to the auction....

Why don't you try the 1:1 strategy? For every $$ you spend, she can spend one, too (from your money, of course). Sounds fair, doesn't it?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:52 pm 

mdr003 wrote:I'd add my name to the bidding list, but it's at a level now where there is a chance of winning.... and while I would love to get my hands on something like that, she-who-must-be-obeyed would hit the roof. I'm already at the stage where any new purchases (even minor ones) are greeted with exasperation, and any even slightly moderate ones with lectures and guilt trips. I've taken to having stuff delivered to work, leaving them in the garage when I get home, and waiting for an opportunity to sneak them into the house.

Oh yes I know how that feels;) but look at it this way, it will be a real small package so it wouldn't have cost too much would it;)...and with the great aussie exchange rate $1400us is now only about $1700 aussie.... but make sure you hide the credir card bills!!!    LOL

Brette:)

Prolific Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:58 pm 

I feel your pain!  (Well, felt it before, more accurately.)  Do what I do:  Become both a collector and a reseller; shuffle 50% of your profits back into your collection, and 50% into taking her on vacations.  The exasperation turns to enthusiasm rather quickly; my girlfriend helps me with the mail, auctions, and storage all the time.
:D

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 7:18 pm 

I don't know... you might want to wait, the market may just be going higher and higher... at least for the really rare stuff. I remember back in 1996 Danny Holte had auctions for these limited C modules and they went for a little over $200. We were all in awe... and now look.... and wait another eight years. Fasten your seat belts.

Seems like every time I check, the auction price has gone up one to two hundred dollars!  8O

Guess the kids don't have to go to college. :evil:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:36 pm 

mdr003 wrote: I'm already at the stage where any new purchases (even minor ones) are greeted with exasperation, and any even slightly moderate ones with lectures and guilt trips.

Wow.. this almost makes me think my wife is being unfaithful to me... is she 5'5" blonde and ticklish?  If so, we may have the same wife! :)

-------------------------------------------------

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 11:03 pm 

Hey, wait a minute...my wife is 5'5", blond, and ticklish. Holy [email protected] all former D&D geeks sharing the same wife?!? Were there so few that would tolerate us that it came to this?

-PD

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 12:08 am 

Ralf Toth wrote:Why don't you try the 1:1 strategy? For every $$ you spend, she can spend one, too (from your money, of course). Sounds fair, doesn't it?

It does sound more than fair, to a logical mind. I've tried that in the past (usually during damage control, after she's discovered a recent purchase), but it doesn't seem to work. The problem is that she thinks the stuff she spends money on is worthwhile (clothes/shoes, or occasionally the mortgage, or groceries), while my stuff is a waste of money.

darkseraphim wrote:I feel your pain! (Well, felt it before, more accurately.) Do what I do: Become both a collector and a reseller; shuffle 50% of your profits back into your collection, and 50% into taking her on vacations. The exasperation turns to enthusiasm rather quickly; my girlfriend helps me with the mail, auctions, and storage all the time.

I've tried that too, usually after she's seen a purchase in my ebay list (sometimes she checks, before I've deleted and buried it). I say "ahh, that's not for me, I got that to sell! It's worth twice that much, I didn't think I'd win but I guess no-one else saw it... I'll make $50 on that easily." Sometimes she believes me, and sometimes I'm eating out at a swish restaurant that night.....

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 15 of 106123 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 104105106