Interesting Items Previously on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 105 of 106123 ... 102, 103, 104, 105106
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:10 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Wow, you guys really smoked my a$$ like a bad cigar on this one.  I actually thought I  had a chance when I placed my weak attempt of a bid of $30.00.  Silly me  :oops: .

There's a puffin book here... second prize :?:

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIte ... 6&rd=1

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:24 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Wow, you guys really smoked my a$$ like a bad cigar on this one.  I actually thought I  had a chance when I placed my weak attempt of a bid of $30.00.  Silly me  :oops: .

Yes, that will fit perfectly into my 1st ed collection.... :lol:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:36 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
mbassoc2003 wrote:

Yes, that will fit perfectly into my 1st ed collection.... :lol:

The poor seller must be wondering why the hit counter on the puffin book is skyrocketting...  :D  Everybody put it on the "watch list" :)

YIM  

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:59 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:The poor seller must be wondering why the hit counter on the puffin book is skyrocketting...  :D  Everybody put it on the "watch list" :)

Done!  :P

Maybe everyone will forget the GW stuff, now! *lol*

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:13 pm 

I can see it now.

Puffin book.  Spent last 25 years on shelf next to some GW rares.  Rare by association.  :?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:54 am 

harami2000 wrote:(carried over from previous page as "warning")

He doesn't intend to sell to the highest non-reserve bidder at a sensible price.
I can't remember whether the copy he "recentley purchashed" off eBay was the relatively sensible-priced one or the other which just tipped a high reserve.

Either way, he basically wants someone to help rectify his own purchasing errors. The current deliberate lie about the reserve price (trying to trap a last-minute prod into a legal sale) is just the latest shameless episode in his previous catalog of what a less charitable person might call cry-baby tactics.

(JMO, of course ;)).

Sent: Friday, February 04, 2005 6:34 AM
Subject: Question from eBay Member

Dear harami2000,

I noticed this is the second time you tried to bid within .01 of my auction. you must know eyeamgod. whats you fuckn problem dick. why do you keep fuckn with my ebay. Ive just reported eyeamgod for harassment and now im reporting you FOR THE SECOND TIME. GET A FUCKN LIFE PENCIL DICK!

Thank you,
keepontheborderlands

<....>

Charming young fellow, I'm sure...

Ha! Only now do I find out he "reported me for harassment" the previous time for bidding one cent under his reserve!!

First email I've EVER received from him; unlike Frank I wasn't even asked whether I wanted to buy at $299.99.

Hey, ho!

p.s. And neither does he mention his lie about having changed his reserve price to $290 despite still having $300 stated in the auction?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:06 am 

Dark and Hidden Ways anyone....

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIte ... RK:MESE:IT

Wild Things....

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIte ... RK:MESE:IT

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:30 am 

LOL, and he sends me an e-mail saying I better start sleeping with one eye open. The tough part would be deciding whether to use 9mm ammo, 7.62mm, or bare hands.
I get a kick out of Internet supermen. The idiot isn't even smart enough to cancel the bids!

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:58 am 

So how much is Warriors of Mars worth? And what is it? I take it it's not xD&D.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:15 am 

Deadlord36 wrote:LOL, and he sends me an e-mail saying I better start sleeping with one eye open. The tough part would be deciding whether to use 9mm ammo, 7.62mm, or bare hands.
I get a kick out of Internet supermen. The idiot isn't even smart enough to cancel the bids!

You mean you don't really have to be tough to threaten people by email? :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:39 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:So how much is Warriors of Mars worth? And what is it? I take it it's not xD&D.

And look who is bidding on it know, everyone FAVORITE DM/$11.00 integral bidder.... the "Coug".   I guess thats why he wont cancel the bids because he knows some schmuck like Cougar will try to beat everyone from this forum on principle, just to try to  prove his "superiority". Kind of pathetic.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:03 am 

johnhuck wrote:I can see it now.

Puffin book.  Spent last 25 years on shelf next to some GW rares.  Rare by association.  :?

Funny thing is, the more I stare at it the more I actually want that Puffin book!  Maybe a good snipe...  :P

YIM  

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:48 am 

deimos3428 wrote:
johnhuck wrote:I can see it now.

Funny thing is, the more I stare at it the more I actually want that Puffin book!  Maybe a good snipe...  :P

I think it is a first edition.

:D

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:00 pm 

dya know...that book has prb had so many ppl viewing it now, that the seller is going WTF?! :D

you could prb use it as an extension to the monster manuals somehow :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:42 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:You could prb use it as an extension to the monster manuals somehow :)

Vampyr Puffins... that rings a bell... where are those White Dwarfs?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:17 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:You could prb use it as an extension to the monster manuals somehow :)

Vampyr Puffins... that rings a bell... where are those White Dwarfs?

They always dress so "goth" in black & white...and they have red beaks...hmmm...  :D

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:19 pm 

Vampire Puffin
Frequency: Very Rare
No. Appearing: 10-40
Armor Class: 0
Move: 6"//24"
Hit Dice: 2
% In Lair: 0%
Treasure Type: Nil
No. Of Attacks: 1
Damage/Attack: 1-6
Special Attacks: Energy drain, Drain blood
Special Defenses: +1 or better weapon to hit
Magic Resistance: See Below
Intelligence: Very
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Size: S
Psionic Ability: Nil

The Vampire Puffin is the bane of all artic explorers who cross its path. They have been known to overwhelm whole parties of adventurers with sheer numbers, leaving behind desiccated husks. They attack with their sharp beaks, latching on to their victims and draining 1-6 HP of blood per round until destroyed. Created by a deranged magic-user, these small birds have all the abilities and weaknesses of human vampires, with a few exceptions. They must sleep in native snow during the day. Holy water has no effect on them, since the oil coating their feathers prevents skin contact. They have the innate ability to summon 2-20 skeletal emperor penguins, which will attack fiercely at the puffin's command. The most dreaded ability is the puff attack, during which the puffin rapidly inflates and deflates itself. This causes all viewers to make a saving throw vs. death magic at -4 or die laughing. Vampire puffins are always under the command of a master puffin, who has 4 HD and is fully 2" tall.
The only known way to permanently destroy a vampire penguin is to feed it to a zombie elephant seal.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:45 pm 

LOL! now THAT really did make me laugh :D

Are we nearly there yet?

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 105 of 106123 ... 102, 103, 104, 105106