Interesting Items Previously on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 104 of 106123 ... 101, 102, 103, 104, 105106
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:56 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 5954223324

Looks like this guy is back at it again.  So much for

Suspected there was a deception planned there.

His reserve is now $290, NOT $300 as listed in the description.
This is NOT an accidental oversight cutting/pasting from the previous auction...

Retracted my bid and sent an appropriate complaint to eBay.

Oh, but it's nice to see he's now admitting this one's not as good as his other purchase last year, despite previous attempts to make out that it was an unbeatable copy and a bargain at the price! ;)

My bid stands at $150 if anyone wants to bid this up!  :twisted:

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:59 pm 

Marlith wrote:They do not seem to have the hardcover books with them nor the covers but still might be of some interest. Other than that is there anything there that one should find interesting?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWA:IT

How did I know that Cougar had bid $99?!?

Don't really want this.  Just happy to push Cougar a little further.  Wonder if he'll bid $111 next?  :?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:58 pm 

Unfortunately, Cougar's got his sights on a Blackmoor

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5953824581

That means that while I may want it, it's pointless to bid on it, though I am tempted to go the $22.21, just to see if he'll bid $22.22.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:00 pm 

johnhuck wrote:
Marlith wrote:They do not seem to have the hardcover books with them nor the covers but still might be of some interest. Other than that is there anything there that one should find interesting?

How did I know that Cougar had bid $99?!?

Don't really want this.  Just happy to push Cougar a little further.  Wonder if he'll bid $111 next?  :?

Standard MO for Cougar, ask for a BIN.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:16 pm 

Traveller wrote:Unfortunately, Cougar's got his sights on a Blackmoor

That means that while I may want it, it's pointless to bid on it, though I am tempted to go the $22.21, just to see if he'll bid $22.22.

Aw, cougar's just a bottom feeder (like me) that happens to have cash (unlike me).  If you can outbid him solidly enough he'll back off, he has reseller's margins to consider.

YIM  

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:00 pm 

Is this actually a TSR item? I have not seen this before though I have not really ever looked all that close at Strategic Reviews.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 24888&rd=1

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:04 pm 

Marlith wrote:Is this actually a TSR item? I have not seen this before though I have not really ever looked all that close at Strategic Reviews.

Yes it is. Here's a link for info:

Page Not Found

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:15 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:
Traveller wrote:Unfortunately, Cougar's got his sights on a Blackmoor

Aw, cougar's just a bottom feeder (like me) that happens to have cash (unlike me).  If you can outbid him solidly enough he'll back off, he has reseller's margins to consider.

I still have four days on it, and it is bookmarked in my watch list.  I'll check back shortly, but if I don't get it today, I won't sweat it, because another one will come up.  I know roughly how much I want to pay, and don't really want to go over that mark.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:38 am 

Marlith wrote:Is this actually a TSR item? I have not seen this before though I have not really ever looked all that close at Strategic Reviews.

Yes, but it's in ratty condition...
Good spot! Has been interesting to watch the bids come in on this one ;)

I did, however, ask the seller for a scan of the back cover to confirm the format of the mailing label/permit, and thus the statement in The Acaeum that "It was apparently mailed out to all subscribers of Dragon and Little Wars, as well as included with most mail orders":
(The "stop press" is interesting for dating that other product).

aside: Does anyone have the EPT poster?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:54 am 

(carried over from previous page as "warning")

johnhuck wrote:
harami2000 wrote:Suspected there was a deception planned there.
His reserve is now $290, NOT $300 as listed in the description.
This is NOT an accidental oversight cutting/pasting from the previous auction...

Retracted my bid and sent an appropriate complaint to eBay.

Oh, but it's nice to see he's now admitting this one's not as good as his other purchase last year, despite previous attempts to make out that it was an unbeatable copy and a bargain at the price! ;)

My bid stands at $150 if anyone wants to bid this up!  :twisted:

He doesn't intend to sell to the highest non-reserve bidder at a sensible price.
I can't remember whether the copy he "recentley purchashed" off eBay was the relatively sensible-priced one or the other which just tipped a high reserve.

Either way, he basically wants someone to help rectify his own purchasing errors. The current deliberate lie about the reserve price (trying to trap a last-minute prod into a legal sale) is just the latest shameless episode in his previous catalog of what a less charitable person might call cry-baby tactics.

(JMO, of course ;)).

p.s. Good to see you back, John. (Like I can comment; just "passing through"...).

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:28 am 

Original floorplans anyone?

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIte ... RK:MEWA:IT

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:53 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Original floorplans anyone?

Feeling generous today? :)
Hadn't spotted those, yet.

The character sheets are definitely less scarce (got a small stack, now; mostly hidden in mixed bundles!), although not always "complete".
Kinda throws a spanner in the rarity scale, that...

Does anyone have the other character sheet pads (probably more than one issue) which GW released after they were official TSR distributors (1975), but pre-dating those later pads (1978)?
These were advertised/mentioned in NFB and O&W, then WDs 1 & 3, only.
(This is where the "An early ad in White Dwarf lists this item as having 20 pages; unknown if that was later revised, or a 20-page version was actually released (thanks to Bruce Robertson for this info)" confusion arises from, on The Acaeum listing).
Ditto for an earlier hex pad...

I suspect the latter might not have had a (c)TSR on it (*g*), but the former is likely to be no less "official" than the 1978 Character Sheet pad currently listed.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:44 am 

So who here is REALLy hardcore?  :P

"What can I get for $10?"

"Mint Rare and Shrinkwrapped-just pick that bar of soap up for us pls, we love you long time!"

YIM  

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:10 am 

Terminal_Frost wrote:So who here is REALLy hardcore?  :P

8O Thirty 8O THOUSAND 8O dollars? 8O ...

Jesus wept!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:41 am 

Xaxaxe wrote:
Terminal_Frost wrote:So who here is REALLy hardcore?  :P

8O Thirty 8O THOUSAND 8O dollars? 8O ...

Jesus wept!

they are nice etc....but is it really worth that much?!  :roll:

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:57 am 

harami2000 wrote:
mbassoc2003 wrote:Original floorplans anyone?

Feeling generous today? :)
Hadn't spotted those, yet.

The character sheets are definitely less scarce (got a small stack, now; mostly hidden in mixed bundles!), although not always "complete".
Kinda throws a spanner in the rarity scale, that...

Does anyone have the other character sheet pads (probably more than one issue) which GW released after they were official TSR distributors (1975), but pre-dating those later pads (1978)?
These were advertised/mentioned in NFB and O&W, then WDs 1 & 3, only.
(This is where the "An early ad in White Dwarf lists this item as having 20 pages; unknown if that was later revised, or a 20-page version was actually released (thanks to Bruce Robertson for this info)" confusion arises from, on The Acaeum listing).
Ditto for an earlier hex pad...

I suspect the latter might not have had a (c)TSR on it (*g*), but the former is likely to be no less "official" than the 1978 Character Sheet pad currently listed.

Spotted them soon.  Asked the usual question.  :twisted: No reply.  So, I'm going to have to bid like everyone else.

I have to agree with David on rarity.  Common sense and experience tells me that loads more people bought character sheets than floor plans or hex pads.  Although the character sheets got used (as in my case - still got the loose and used sheets but no cover) and the floor plans and hex sheets often just got shelved.  So, it might be easier to pick up the character sheets.  But harder to find them unused.

Just passing through.  But only because I haven't got enough time on my hands these days.  About 10 weeks to go before the new arrival.  :D

Put a bid in on the Warrior of Mars just to piss the guy off.  Might fork out £50 for one.  But can't see that happening here.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:49 am 

don't forget now john...when the new arrival "arrives" - ensure everything thats bought has some relation to D&D....plant the root early mate :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:31 am 

johnhuck wrote:I have to agree with David on rarity.  Common sense and experience tells me that loads more people bought character sheets than floor plans or hex pads.  Although the character sheets got used (as in my case - still got the loose and used sheets but no cover) and the floor plans and hex sheets often just got shelved.  So, it might be easier to pick up the character sheets.  But harder to find them unused.

Trouble being, it's far too easy to pick up a couple of 40-45 sheet pads for £8-12 a time and "make up" the count of the best copy to 50, since it's not a perforated pad...
Even more fun to shrinkwrap a near-complete pad, if you can't be bothered to do that. (GW shrinkwrap ain't seen that often and I doubt there are many "experts" who could spot the difference from an eBay photo).

This was the latest purchase, anyhow:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5947177672
The seller kindly (albeit belatedly) noted that it wasn't complete on the listing, so I rounded up the purchase price a bit.

$55 for a poor/incomplete pad?
I doubt it, unless anyone's using The Acaeum as their baseline, especially that $173 NM realisation! ..."One and only" sale, huh? :?

johnhuck wrote:Just passing through.  But only because I haven't got enough time on my hands these days.  About 10 weeks to go before the new arrival.  :D

Heh, heh... Spend extra time now on the preparations so that you can cash in your balance when you need some quiet time, later? :wink:

Trust everything's going well for the missus and yerself, then. :)

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 104 of 106123 ... 101, 102, 103, 104, 105106