Interesting Items Previously on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 68 of 96123 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 949596
Author


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:01 pm 
 

All four sets of the Monster Cards, in very good condition.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5928655153
$9.99 opening bid ($24.99 BIN is probably not unreasonable, given the convenience).

Seller also has a number of JG items with decent BIN prices.

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 517
Joined: Oct 03, 2004
Last Visit: Nov 07, 2007
Location: windy south florida

Post Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:18 pm 
 

I just had to know what the reserve was..... :roll:  I'm sure I'll be outbid soon, but I'll take it at $750  :wink:

 Daystar West, Nightventures, PHARAOH, Mint - Rare D&D  


http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEBI:IT

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:21 pm 
 

First print Monster Manual
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5928174815
Already at $56; 4+ days to go...

(Hence sniping as an (alas, common-sense) strategy, <aneoth>).

=

Nice one, <invincibleoverlord>. Wouldn't have spotted that so soon :)
(and it's probably quite an easy name/title for people to miss on their searches).

I take it the price label residue "comes as standard" on these?

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:28 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote:*remembers where I was before the local 24 hour power cut...*

"ADVANCED DUNGEONS & DRAGONS COLORING ALBUM BOOK 1979 !!"
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5926523677
$4 with under 3 days to go.

Uncolored!!
Just think of all those hours of fun... :P

aww... y'all wanted that :(
($22 winning bid)

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3066
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 30, 2015

Post Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:12 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote:nice 1st print(??) DMG. (Pity about the name inside, if so).
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5928437134
$7 starting bid with 5+ days to go.

n.b. I haven't asked for printing confirmation details, myself. (*points to the shipping destination addys & comments in the body text*).
Could just be that the whole cover is "shifted" upwards...

I've been burned before on this.  The listing states it's 240 pages, which would make me think it's 3rd or later.

 YIM  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:26 pm 
 

deimos3428 wrote:
harami2000 wrote:Could just be that the whole cover is "shifted" upwards...

I've been burned before on this.  The listing states it's 240 pages, which would make me think it's 3rd or later.

ahh... Thanks. Didn't spot/check that, <deimos>.

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3066
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 30, 2015

Post Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:47 pm 
 

invincibleoverlord wrote:I just had to know what the reserve was..... :roll:  I'm sure I'll be outbid soon, but I'll take it at $750  :wink:

 Daystar West, Nightventures, PHARAOH, Mint - Rare D&D  


http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEBI:IT


From the item description:

'This copy of "Pharoah" was purchased in 1980 at a convention and stored in cello ever since.'

Now, obviously they mean cellophane, but did anyone else crack up laughing imagining someone rolling it up and stuffing it in a cello?  :D

 YIM  


Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 762
Joined: Feb 05, 2003
Last Visit: Sep 13, 2021

Post Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:54 am 
 

Howdy,


harami2000 wrote:nice 1st print(??) DMG. (Pity about the name inside, if so).
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5928437134
$7 starting bid with 5+ days to go.

n.b. I haven't asked for printing confirmation details, myself. (*points to the shipping destination addys & comments in the body text*).
Could just be that the whole cover is "shifted" upwards...


Not a first print. Note the ISBN on the back cover. The cover is just shifted.


Futures Bright,

Paul


The Collector's Trove The online auction house that features the collections of game designers and artists.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5641
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Sep 17, 2021
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:25 am 
 

Cover seems a bit pale on that Pharaoh.


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 517
Joined: Oct 03, 2004
Last Visit: Nov 07, 2007
Location: windy south florida

Post Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:57 am 
 

Harami wrote:

First print Monster Manual
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5928174815
Already at $56; 4+ days to go...

The photo is so fuzzy, how can you tell the condition..... :?  ?? Also I got ripped off recently with one of these. I won this Players Handbook that by the photo has to be a 1st - 3rd, and said nothing of a stock photo..I recived a 7th, it did only cost me $12 bucks, but come on...... :evil:  :evil:  :evil: I tried to contact the seller....No reply of course.... Be careful..... :D

Players: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWN:IT

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:15 pm 
 

invincibleoverlord wrote:Harami wrote:

First print Monster Manual
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5928174815
Already at $56; 4+ days to go...

The photo is so fuzzy, how can you tell the condition..... :?  ??

Goes without saying: ask for more higher-resolution photos and ask questions...
The price is already getting high, however.

At a glance, it's a much better copy than I have: no obvious damage to the front cover; bottom-right corner is square, top-right may have a bit of roll; /perhaps/ some spine rubbing top & bottom; doesn't say anything about name/writing inside (infer from "clean" at your peril); etc.
(But then, I think I paid ~$25 on eBay a few years ago).

invincibleoverlord wrote:Also I got ripped off recently with one of these. I won this Players Handbook that by the photo has to be a 1st - 3rd, and said nothing of a stock photo..I recived a 7th, it did only cost me $12 bucks, but come on...... :evil:  :evil:  :evil: I tried to contact the seller....No reply of course.... Be careful..... :D

Players: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWN:IT

:(

Erm, you got your feedback. Any reason you ain't given them a negative yet, if you're getting no response?
(Yes, relatively small amount to take a hit on, so difficult to say whether it's worth taking any further. Still a good idea to flag a warning...).

=

p.s. This is the same seller as had the 1st print "Boot Hill" and other mid-70s goodies some time back, so it's not a surprise they've got a 1st MM, too.

  


Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1043
Joined: Jan 06, 2004
Last Visit: Jul 01, 2020
Location: Leicester, UK

Post Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:44 pm 
 

I'm sure this has already been posted:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 5927413171

But do they usually go this high?  Very good condition I must admit.

Not much more than 10 mins left.

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:44 pm 
 

johnhuck wrote:I'm sure this has already been posted:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 5927413171

But do they usually go this high?  Very good condition I must admit.

Not much more than 10 mins left.

(yes it has). wait and see...

  


Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1043
Joined: Jan 06, 2004
Last Visit: Jul 01, 2020
Location: Leicester, UK

Post Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:59 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote:
johnhuck wrote:I'm sure this has already been posted:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 5927413171

But do they usually go this high?  Very good condition I must admit.

Not much more than 10 mins left.

(yes it has). wait and see...

Nice win. Did I miss something other than the condition?  I'm listing one tonight.  But it's much more beaten up.

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:13 pm 
 

johnhuck wrote:Nice win. Did I miss something other than the condition?  I'm listing one tonight.  But it's much more beaten up.

thx. Yeah, the condition...

Certainly not "mint" overall, but the pictures provided were good enough to convince me that no-one was going to get "carried away" on their bidding thinking the condition /was/ mint (*points to The Acaeum realisations*).
Thumbs up on the contents, too: Minty UK B1, nice dice, etc.

Anyhow, I never bought that box; just picked up a blue book and B1 (both second hand a bit later, if I remember correctly) to go with my original woodgrain purchase...

=

(Am waiting to pounce your auctions, too, John... Especially if you list your "surplus" SRs ;))

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:46 pm 
 

Paladin in *HELL*???


Tired of getting roasted inside your archaic, cumbersome, high-maintenance Plate Mail???


YOU need Strong Heart's 1983 model Flame Retarded Super Star Costume with Mask!!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 2278955513


BUY one now!! (Well, OK ya can't...).
*Only* $19.95 if you can turn away all other zombie bidders!


SLAY those demons! NO sweat!!

=====

(Includes free discount voucher for deluxe earplugs, to block out the cackling laughter of fiends and bystanders...)

  


Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1043
Joined: Jan 06, 2004
Last Visit: Jul 01, 2020
Location: Leicester, UK

Post Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:51 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote:Paladin in *HELL*???


Tired of getting roasted inside your archaic, cumbersome, high-maintenance Plate Mail???


YOU need Strong Heart's 1983 model Flame Retarded Super Star Costume with Mask!!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 2278955513


BUY one now!! (Well, OK ya can't...).
*Only* $19.95 if you can turn away all other zombie bidders!


SLAY those demons! NO sweat!!

=====

(Includes free discount voucher for deluxe earplugs, to block out the cackling laughter of fiends and bystanders...)


OK, whoever buys this (and I bet it's someone here) needs to be publicly ridiculed.

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:53 pm 
 

johnhuck wrote:OK, whoever buys this (and I bet it's someone here) needs to be publicly ridiculed.

I was kinda hoping <invincibleoverlord> would use his museum as an "excuse" to do so! :lol:
(What d'you say, Mike?? ;))

Remember those earplugs...!

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 5029
Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 16, 2017
Location: Texas

Post Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:21 pm 
 

harami

Well, you outbid me once again, ya bum ya' :roll:  this is gettin' ta be downright depressin'

geezzzz.... I gots ta' get me one o' dem fancy snipin' thingies....

  


Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1043
Joined: Jan 06, 2004
Last Visit: Jul 01, 2020
Location: Leicester, UK

Post Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:25 pm 
 

Aneoth wrote:harami

Well, you outbid me once again, ya bum ya' :roll:  this is gettin' ta be downright depressin'

geezzzz.... I gots ta' get me one o' dem fancy snipin' thingies....


johnhuck wrote:I'm listing one tonight.  But it's much more beaten up.


Stay tuned if you're interested.  :wink:

  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 68 of 96123 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 949596