Interesting Items Previously on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 64 of 106123 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 104105106
Author


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:49 pm 
 

*g*. Looks like I guessed the next bid right, too, even if ya did come in more aggressively than I'd expected...

  


Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1043
Joined: Jan 06, 2004
Last Visit: Jul 01, 2020
Location: Leicester, UK

Post Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:05 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote:Getting a good deal is one thing. Buying for $100 (again picking a number out of thin air) what you know you can immediately sell again for $1,000 is another; in my book, anyhow.
ymmv :)

Did you have a price in mind yourself, John?

Actually, the board hardly got a look in before I posted here. View count has more than tripled, since then. (We get a lot of lurkers, it would seem...).

=

Oh, btw, did I miss anything in that silver box aside from the "Book of Sorcery"? Couldn't really justify the price for one item, here, I'm afraid.
Congrats on that, at least, even if it's "not the same".


I did have a price in mind if he had asked.  But I would have been perfectly happy to take his, had it been less.  :twisted:

Can't reveal it yet, as it hasn't reached that figure yet.  But I suspect that your pockets are much deeper than mine.

And sell again for $1000?!?  You've got to be joking.  In the unlikely event that I win, I'm driving down to Cambridge to collect in person and make sure it's legit before it is locked away in my rare safe.

Put a snipe in a little while ago on the silver box.  Upped it the final night.  Wish I hadn't!  Probably a bit too much.  Thought you might have cancelled yours after the other win.   But bid mainly for the supplements and the Book of Sorcery.  No idea what it is btw.  Some of the supplements might be replacing my existing ones if better.  The box is destined for eBay.  Will be lucky to fetch £25 in that condition I would have thought.  :cry:

  


Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1043
Joined: Jan 06, 2004
Last Visit: Jul 01, 2020
Location: Leicester, UK

Post Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:06 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote:*g*. Looks like I guessed the next bid right, too, even if ya did come in more aggressively than I'd expected...


At least, for a moment, it was mine!  :D

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:13 pm 
 

johnhuck wrote:
harami2000 wrote:*g*. Looks like I guessed the next bid right, too, even if ya did come in more aggressively than I'd expected...

At least, for a moment, it was mine!  :D

I'll give you that, John!
(And am tempted to juggle my "could have beens" with PoVQ, too ;))

Feel free to outbid me. Please... *lol* :D

  


Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1043
Joined: Jan 06, 2004
Last Visit: Jul 01, 2020
Location: Leicester, UK

Post Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:20 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote:Feel free to outbid me. Please... *lol* :D


OK  :D

  


Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1043
Joined: Jan 06, 2004
Last Visit: Jul 01, 2020
Location: Leicester, UK

Post Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:32 pm 
 

The undervalued Strategic Review 1-6.  Be warned, USA only.  And this guy means it.  I won another of his auctions and have had to get it shipped to someone in the USA so they can forward it on.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 5923754223

And not sure what this is by the same seller

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 5923753014

  


Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1043
Joined: Jan 06, 2004
Last Visit: Jul 01, 2020
Location: Leicester, UK

Post Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:36 pm 
 

As an act of atonement (and a little self interest) I have asked the seller of ST1 to post some larger scans.  He has agreed to do this tomorrow.

And he said that he was happy for the module to be collected in person.

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:54 pm 
 

johnhuck wrote:
harami2000 wrote:
Feel free to outbid me. Please... *lol* :D


OK  :D

*falls over* 8O

This from the man who wouldn't bid me past 471 *dollars* for that 2nd print woodgrain. :P

(Hey, remember there's still that 3rd print (with the adverse grain) on sale for $900
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5921053349 ;) :roll:  )

  


Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1043
Joined: Jan 06, 2004
Last Visit: Jul 01, 2020
Location: Leicester, UK

Post Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:55 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote:
johnhuck wrote:

OK  :D

*falls over* 8O

This from the man who wouldn't bid me past 471 *dollars* for that 2nd print woodgrain. :P

(Hey, remember there's still that 3rd print (with the adverse grain) on sale for $900
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5921053349 ;) :roll:  )


Please don't remind me  :cry: I know which I would rather have. Doh!

I knew it was a mistake having that bottle of wine and a few pints of Bass before I got settled in front of the computer.  :roll:

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5666
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Aug 05, 2022
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:04 pm 
 

Yikes! Didn't I get my brown onion torn up for asking about BIN's a few months ago?


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 851
Joined: Jun 12, 2004
Last Visit: Jun 05, 2022

Post Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:13 pm 
 

johnhuck wrote:And not sure what this is by the same seller

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 5923753014

I can't make out the first book, but it looks like a small press RPG clone or adventure.

The second one, on a guess, has to do with City State of the Invincible Overlord.

The third?  Well, that's 1st edition Boot Hill, by EGG.  The bidder should do reasonably well on that one, if the Boot Hill is in decent shape, and assuming of course that bidders can even find it, since the seller doesn't know how to spell Gygax.  Last one I know of selling on ebay went for around $60.00, give or take about $10.00 in either direction.

I suspect that most people are going to bid on the Boot Hill rulebook and not care about the other two items.



  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:13 pm 
 

Deadlord36 wrote:Yikes! Didn't I get my brown onion torn up for asking about BIN's a few months ago?

Might just be something to do with the fact you actually got the seller to agree, Frank! :lol:

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:19 pm 
 

Traveller wrote:The third?  Well, that's 1st edition Boot Hill, by EGG.  The bidder should do reasonably well on that one, if the Boot Hill is in decent shape, and assuming of course that bidders can even find it...

Heh, heh... don't think that's too difficult, now! (spotted them from the Strategic Reviews, here)

*nods*. Last one was $52 (including five snipe bids):
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5916712388

  


Active Collector

Posts: 43
Joined: Sep 28, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 13, 2006
Location: Louisville, KY

Post Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:20 pm 
 

johnhuck wrote:
And not sure what this is by the same seller

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 5923753014


If you're referring to the book on the left, I believe it's an old T&T solo adventure called "Labyrinth".

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:27 pm 
 

johnhuck wrote:The undervalued Strategic Review 1-6.  Be warned, USA only.  And this guy means it.  I won another of his auctions and have had to get it shipped to someone in the USA so they can forward it on.

Hrmm... we keep saying "undervalued" (and I still agree), yet no-one's pulling out their checkbooks.

I picked up those 11 minty-mint copies of #3 that had been languishing for months at not much more than $12 each.
*
Other issues are scarcer, it would appear (see Post research tidbits here • Page 2 • Collecting General •  The Acaeum for my request for further thoughts); and yet again #7 is missing from this sale... (and #2, too, although you need to read the full description and/or look at the pic to realise that!)

==

Desuma_Malevois wrote:If you're referring to the book on the left, I believe it's an old T&T solo adventure called "Labyrinth".

thx :)

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 563
Joined: Aug 08, 2003
Last Visit: Jun 05, 2020
Location: Chicago

Post Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:01 pm 
 

On the subject of Boot Hill... I notice that the edition currently up for auction is slightly different than the one I won a few weeks ago. Mostly in the art work on the front cover. I'm going to guess that mine was the earlier edition based on the fact that it's artwork is poorer, but can anyone tell me about Boot Hill editions/printings and their differences?

Current auction: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 5923753014

My auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5916712388

Regards

Mike

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1236
Joined: Mar 08, 2003
Last Visit: Aug 16, 2022
Location: Close to GenCon

Post Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:11 pm 
 

The Boot Hill book is a 2nd print.

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:13 pm 
 

mdr003 wrote:On the subject of Boot Hill... I notice that the edition currently up for auction is slightly different than the one I won a few weeks ago. Mostly in the art work on the front cover. I'm going to guess that mine was the earlier edition based on the fact that it's artwork is poorer, but can anyone tell me about Boot Hill editions/printings and their differences?

ah, I just presumed that other auction was the same edition, for some reason. Hmm.... looked too quickly.
You've got the first edition, I'm fairly sure. Saw another copy on Titan Games ($100) and on a French website, some time back. Can't find those again, now.
Don't know what the date for that other one is, though. Sorry can't be of further assistance.

(aside: Some reprints of other early TSR goodies are far more difficult to tell, I think. For EPT, you have to ask the seller about the items on the catalog inside the back cover...).

====

ed.

ah, Whitewash City -  Game Rules Page ...

I thought the later edition date mentioned elsewhere (1979) was too late. Would guess that one up for auction is 1977, then...??
(Still rather late for a GK monogram, and not a "collector's edition" *g*)

  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 64 of 106123 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 104105106