NFL Fantasy Football - Acaeum Collectors League
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 5 of 6512, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 636465
Author

User avatar

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 728
Joined: Oct 23, 2006
Last Visit: Apr 18, 2021
Location: Maitland, Florida

Post Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:17 pm 
 

The Screaming Iguanas are up to the challenge.  I count only 7 teams though.  We need one more, right?  And when's the draft?


If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 563
Joined: Aug 08, 2003
Last Visit: Jun 05, 2020
Location: Chicago

Post Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:12 pm 
 

sheeadog wrote:There are currently 7 teams signed up.  It would be good if at least one more team signs up so that we don't have an odd number of teams...


Done and Done... I'm always happy to make up the numbers. The Gelatinous Cubes are ready to roll (well, ooze I guess).

Regards

Mike


Demand of them whither they should comme to devide the worlde with the Emperour? And as they answered, he tooke up his shirte behinde and shewed them his buttocks, sayenge unto them, drawe your Lyne throughe the middest of *this* place.

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7960
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: Aug 01, 2021
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:02 pm 
 

mdr003 wrote:
Done and Done... I'm always happy to make up the numbers. The Gelatinous Cubes are ready to roll (well, ooze I guess).

Regards

Mike


Great guys....we will go with 8, my brothers are procrastinating to an extent that I can't believe, and still haven't joined yet. Screw em, we'll cap it at 8 and have loaded teams.  It's going to be auto like the other draft, I'll try and see if you can draft live if you want...

Mike B.


"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

 WWW  

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 219
Joined: Mar 06, 2007
Last Visit: Jun 14, 2019
Location: Illinois

Post Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:28 pm 
 

I like live draft better, but it is hard to get everyone together at once.  If we do the auto pick, when will that be so that I can get my auto pick line up in order before hand?


SH60B's quote of the weeK!!

SimperingToad wrote in Old Candidates: Silliest Auction Prices of the Year:Okay, I don't know if I've ever typed this before, but WTF?!!


Follow The Acaeum on Twitter @TheAcaeum

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 5029
Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 16, 2017
Location: Texas

Post Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:27 am 
 

SH60B wrote:I like live draft better, but it is hard to get everyone together at once.  If we do the auto pick, when will that be so that I can get my auto pick line up in order before hand?
Yeah me too. I much prefer a live draft.

You can pre set your picks in YOUR preferred order for drafting. Although dont count on the computer exactly following your list.

The main thing that I hate about "AutoDraft" is that the computer program running the draft will automatically SKIP over some of your picks to fill out empty positional slots (It will automatically fill your starting roster first) and IF (A big if there) your earlier listed choices are still available, then it will go back to your earlier picks for your backup positional slots, Even if you would have chosen those backups earlier in a live draft.

I MUCH prefer live drafts so I can make my own STUPID choices instead of some computer making them for me. :roll:  :roll:

If I want to draft Kickers and defenses as my first 6 picks then that SHOULD be MY choice...... :?

I have never liked Autodraft, but we must deal with little setbacks as we come to them…. One good thing is that there are only 8 Teams, so as BadMike said above our teams should all be loaded with first tier players at most spots anyway.

That means the manager who plays the right studs each week will likely rise to the top.


"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7960
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: Aug 01, 2021
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:02 am 
 

Aneoth wrote:Yeah me too. I much prefer a live draft.

You can pre set your picks in YOUR preferred order for drafting. Although dont count on the computer exactly following your list.

The main thing that I hate about "AutoDraft" is that the computer program running the draft will automatically SKIP over some of your picks to fill out empty positional slots (It will automatically fill your starting roster first) and IF (A big if there) your earlier listed choices are still available, then it will go back to your earlier picks for your backup positional slots, Even if you would have chosen those backups earlier in a live draft.

I MUCH prefer live drafts so I can make my own STUPID choices instead of some computer making them for me. :roll:  :roll:

If I want to draft Kickers and defenses as my first 6 picks then that SHOULD be MY choice...... :?

I have never liked Autodraft, but we must deal with little setbacks as we come to them…. One good thing is that there are only 8 Teams, so as BadMike said above our teams should all be loaded with first tier players at most spots anyway.

That means the manager who plays the right studs each week will likely rise to the top.


Guys;

I doubt we can get together for live draft before tomorrow night. So autodraft it is. It really doesn't take much time to rank your own players, I don't like some of the rankings they give, and also to exclude players you don't like (no, Trent Green will never play QB for my team....!).  Hell if you hate the Cowboys you can exclude the entire team!  :lol:  

Hint:  Make your own lineup. Leave out all Kickers and Defenses, putting them in the "don not pick" area, or include just one of each.  Then, since there are only eight teams, you can just pick one of each up on waivers the day after the draft, probably getting a very good pick ( only eight teams...and each team is allowed to have 17 players IIRC).  Remember, with 8 teams, everyone is going to have a powerhouse, your starting lineup might have LT and Reggie Bush in the backfield with Carson Palmer at QB.....!

Mike B.


"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 5029
Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 16, 2017
Location: Texas

Post Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:24 am 
 

Badmike wrote:
Guys;

I doubt we can get together for live draft before tomorrow night. So autodraft it is. It really doesn't take much time to rank your own players, I don't like some of the rankings they give, and also to exclude players you don't like (no, Trent Green will never play QB for my team....!).  Hell if you hate the Cowboys you can exclude the entire team!  :lol:  

Hint:  Make your own lineup. Leave out all Kickers and Defenses, putting them in the "don not pick" area, or include just one of each.  Then, since there are only eight teams, you can just pick one of each up on waivers the day after the draft, probably getting a very good pick ( only eight teams...and each team is allowed to have 17 players IIRC).  Remember, with 8 teams, everyone is going to have a powerhouse, your starting lineup might have LT and Reggie Bush in the backfield with Carson Palmer at QB.....!

Mike B.

What Mike said:

Except I will add this. If you do NOT place them ALL in your "DO NOT DRAFT" list, then read below.

You can chose not to add kickers and defenses in your list of preferred rankings/picks, but the "AutoDraft" program WILL still pick one of each to fill out your starting roster BEFORE it will pick any other "BackUp" players for other spots. The site states that the "AutoDraft" program will draft the highest ranked (Thier rankings not yours, since YOU excluded any from your rankings) player/team still available, but it WILL pick them if you dont have one listed. Check the rules. Thats where I read it.


"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 563
Joined: Aug 08, 2003
Last Visit: Jun 05, 2020
Location: Chicago

Post Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:08 pm 
 

When will the autodraft happen, Mike? The first game is 6am Friday local time, so I'll need to see the draft results, add/drop as needed and set the lineup tonight - say a minimum 8 hours before the game kicks off.

Will the draft happen within the next 10 hours or so?

Regards

Mike


Demand of them whither they should comme to devide the worlde with the Emperour? And as they answered, he tooke up his shirte behinde and shewed them his buttocks, sayenge unto them, drawe your Lyne throughe the middest of *this* place.

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7960
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: Aug 01, 2021
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:31 pm 
 

mdr003 wrote:When will the autodraft happen, Mike? The first game is 6am Friday local time, so I'll need to see the draft results, add/drop as needed and set the lineup tonight - say a minimum 8 hours before the game kicks off.

Will the draft happen within the next 10 hours or so?

Regards

Mike


The draft will happen sometime before Sunday night...or so the site says... :roll:
I assume the autodraft will have the "best" players as the starters...so hopefully they will be scored accordingly even if the draft happens after Thursday night's game.  Hpefully it will happen before then, but it's up to Yahoo I guess....

Mike B.


"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 02, 2021

Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:49 am 
 

Dateline:  Freeport, City of Adventure

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

MASSIVE RALLY ROCKS FREEPORT

    Freeport Gargoyle fans thundered into D20 Stadium last night for what can only be described as a pre-season rally/riot.  Waves of fans with eyepatches, parrots, peglegs and cutlases forced their way onto the stadium grounds to kick off the 2007 Freeport Gargoyles season.

    The roaring and swilling fans packed the field in front of a podium improvised from the city gallows.  The sweltering stadium rocked to repeated chants of "Arr! Arr! Arr! Garrrrrgoyles!," the unofficial Gargoyles fight song, amidst volleys of muskets, dragoons and improvised grenades.

    Members of the Captain's Council begged team officials to address the crowd in order to avoid a city-wide melee.  Gargoyles Coach Arlan McQueeg stumped up to the podium to rally fan support and prevent a greater-than-usual bloodbath.

    "Fine and now ye be listenin'," said McQueeg as the stadium mob grew quiet.  "This here be the start o' somethin' larger than all o' ye tuhgether.  So pay yer attention well, me lads."

  "We be startin' a campaign o' plunder an' rapine that'll fair stun the fantasy world!  This be the year we show all the ancient an' wise ones that D20 pirates be the finest football rogues in all the Seven Seas o' Fantasy."

    The crowd cheered and a general pouring of spirits into bearded mouths followed, but McQueeg was not finished.

    "We be seekin' the only treasure worthy o' a fantasy pirate's gizzard.  We be fifteen men on a deadman's chest an' we won't be givin' in 'till we has the prize sought by all fantasy footballers across the foamin' main.  If ye be not sotted scullions, then ye know there be only one treasure to warm the hearts o' true scallywags...we be seekin' the Acaeum Crown!"

    "Aye!  There be only one goal o' all our adventures.  We seek to show the world tha' D20 ain't dead.  One more campaign o' mayhem and we take the prize and make 'em come to us to win it back!"

    "I say, let the pyres be lighted an' the bans be read.  Let the Gargoyles begin to swoopin'!  Before this season be done we'll hang the world from our highest mast an' make 'em walk the spiney plank o' victory!"

    McQueeg may have had more to say but his speech was interrupted  as hordes of pirates, half-orcs and scallywags bullrushed the hangman's podium.  The Gargoyles coach was quickly grappled and carried about the stadium atop a crowd of shoulders as pandemonium swept the arena.  

    The rally swept out the main gates as crowds of drunken varlets carried the coach through the Freeport streets.  Although McQueeg escaped the crowd's grasp after 30 minutes of repeated escape artist checks, incidents of rioting, drinking, pillaging and public urination continued thoughout the night.

    City Watch officials were pleased by the general orderliness and cooperation of the mob.  The rally was considered a relatively mild and well organized affair compared to last season's opening ceremonies in which more than 700 pigeons were killed by flying corks and half a dozen hobbits were trampled.

    D20 Stadium event staff counted over 6,650 empty bottles of Captain Morgan's Rum left behind on the AgroTurf, in addition to 825 weapons of various descriptions, apparently dropped due to failed saves versus stun.

    Many Gargoyles fans anticipate a championship season as the team appears loaded with top imaginary talent.  Expectations run high and betting has reached a fever pitch in Freeport's temple district.  

    The Freeport Gargoyles open their drive for the 2007 Acaeum Fantasy Football Crown on Thursday night, September 6, in D20 stadium.  Admission to the game is free for any fan who brings a donation of alcoholic beverages.  Gargoyles officials ask that fans refrain from entering the stadium by swinging on ropes or climbing the outer walls with daggers in their teeth.  Team officials also remind fans to bring seat cushions, blankets and adequate supplies of concealed weapons.


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7960
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: Aug 01, 2021
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:19 am 
 

Badmike wrote:
The draft will happen sometime before Sunday night...or so the site says... :roll:
I assume the autodraft will have the "best" players as the starters...so hopefully they will be scored accordingly even if the draft happens after Thursday night's game.  Hpefully it will happen before then, but it's up to Yahoo I guess....

Mike B.


The draft went through last night..

Talk about loaded teams...I have a backfield of LT and Willis McGahee...with Maurice Drew Jones grabbing bench because there's NO WHERE TO PUT HIM :roll:  8O

Some other teams in the Luddite League are similarly stuffed with pro bowlers.  I predict some insanely high scoring affairs in this league...

In contrast with my Acaeum League team, which I will be hoping might muster double digits each week if the wind is at their backs for most of the game....geez......

Mike B.


"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:20 am 
 

well mike, you will just have to use SHREWd tactics to make the team better  :P  :lol:



  

User avatar

Sage Collector

Posts: 2332
Joined: Feb 20, 2006
Last Visit: Aug 27, 2017
Location: Shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods

Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:06 am 
 

FormCritic wrote:Dateline:  Freeport, City of Adventure

Mark, do you realize how high you have raised the bar for reporting game results?   8O

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 5029
Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 16, 2017
Location: Texas

Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:14 am 
 

I hate autodrafts

The damndable program drafted my starting roster first.... Fine Im ok with that and in fact I fully expected it. See my post above.

However ALL but one of the remaining picks it made for me were WR's.
There are only 16 spots on the entire team!!

EIGHT WR's were drafted for my team. What kind of IDIOT running a team during a live draft would draft 8 WR's for a 16 spot team?

I shall now have to hit the waiver wire hard to make up for the automatic drafting programs stupidity. At least we have unlimited free agent pickups available, since im gonna be using them all year long.

I suspect my team is the worst in the league. How could it not be with NO backups at ANY spot except WR?

Ida done better not making ANY choices and letting it do its own thing. Obviously I dont know how to setup an autodraft.

SHEESE..................


"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7960
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: Aug 01, 2021
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:43 am 
 

Aneoth wrote:I hate autodrafts

The damndable program drafted my starting roster first.... Fine Im ok with that and in fact I fully expected it. See my post above.

However ALL but one of the remaining picks it made for me were WR's.
There are only 16 spots on the entire team!!

EIGHT WR's were drafted for my team. What kind of IDIOT running a team during a live draft would draft 8 WR's for a 16 spot team?

I shall now have to hit the waiver wire hard to make up for the automatic drafting programs stupidity. At least we have unlimited free agent pickups available, since im gonna be using them all year long.

I suspect my team is the worst in the league. How could it not be with NO backups at ANY spot except WR?

Ida done better not making ANY choices and letting it do its own thing. Obviously I dont know how to setup an autodraft.

SHEESE..................


Annie;

You did good, I believe you were the only one who manipulated the draft enough to only get one Def and Kicker.....congrats!

In contrast, I moved a lot of RBs up.....and the cupboard for WRs is bare for the Tegel Shrews.  I have 98 year old Hines Ward holding down a spot on the starting lineup....only 3 WRs overall...sheesh.
Don't worry there's some real talent on the waiver wire, the result of only having 8 teams....I see players there that were taken in very early rounds in my face to face fantasy league, so don't despair.

Mike B.


"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7960
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: Aug 01, 2021
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:46 am 
 

Aneoth wrote:
EIGHT WR's were drafted for my team. What kind of IDIOT running a team during a live draft would draft 8 WR's for a 16 spot team?

.....


In our face to face league this year, one team took FOUR Tight End spots.....and none of them are very good....in a 20 spot team (one fifth of their team)!  And it wasnt' even the team owned by the stoner, it was the team owned by last year's champions...go figure!

Mike B.


"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

 WWW  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:50 am 
 

Badmike wrote:
I have 98 year old Hines Ward holding down a spot on the starting lineup.....
98??? Wow, I'd stil l take 1 Hines Ward over 2 TOs any day of the week on my team, fantasy or not.  As a matter of fact Hines Ward is 3 years younger than MeO.


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 02, 2021

Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:06 pm 
 

JohnGaunt wrote:Mark, do you realize how high you have raised the bar for reporting game results?   8O


I can't help myself.  It seems to be a compulsion.  8O


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5634
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Jul 27, 2021
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:16 pm 
 

I took Hines Ward last year, and took a load of crap from everyone, until they realized that Ward is the one who catches the endzone passes for the Steelers.


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7960
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: Aug 01, 2021
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:38 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote: 98??? Wow, I'd stil l take 1 Hines Ward over 2 TOs any day of the week on my team, fantasy or not.  As a matter of fact Hines Ward is 3 years younger than MeO.


Except that last year TO had more yards, receptions, and twice as many TDs as Ward.  When it comes to Fantasy Football you have to leave your loyalties at the door...it's all about the stats!

Mike B.


"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

 WWW  
PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 5 of 6512, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 636465